0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage
Who North America
Who North America

Number of posts : 5792
Registration date : 2007-02-01

108 - The Horns of Nimon Empty
PostSubject: 108 - The Horns of Nimon   108 - The Horns of Nimon EmptyThu May 02, 2013 8:58 am

Post reviews, observations, factoids, etc, regarding this story in this topic. Do not post replies to other people's postings here. This information is being compiled for future publication. Please post your name or a suitable alias (initials, for example) for publication purposes.
Back to top Go down
https://whona.forumotion.com
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

108 - The Horns of Nimon Empty
PostSubject: Re: 108 - The Horns of Nimon   108 - The Horns of Nimon EmptyFri Nov 24, 2017 12:57 am

"Weakling scum!"

"Lord Niiiiiiiiimonnnnnnnn...!!!  It is I...Soldeed...!"

You know its bad when the  most memorable things about a serial are the ridiculous quotes from hammy, over-the-top actors.

Additionally, many of the costumes look unwieldy, impractical, and exaggerated...Tom is still playing the Doctor rather silly...and the Nimon look terrible.  Its B-movie sci-fi...or Saturday morning kiddie fare.

The only good thing about this one is Lalla as Romana.  She really shines in this one and plays a part in the story all her own without just being the companion.

...oh...another "good thing"...in my opinion...is that this is the last televised serial with Douglas Adams as script editor, since Shada was shut down mid-production.  Sorry, but I don't drink the "Dougie" Kool-Aid.  I think he turned DW into a rather silly comedy...and not a very good one either.  Its fine for his universe of his own works, but its not the DW I love.  It always felt forced and out of place...almost to the point of mockery.
Back to top Go down

108 - The Horns of Nimon
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: The Doctor Who Viewer's Guide :: Season Seventeen - Fourth Doctor-
Jump to: