0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

AuthorMessage
Who North America
Who North America

Number of posts : 5792
Registration date : 2007-02-01

098 - The Ribos Operation Empty
PostSubject: 098 - The Ribos Operation   098 - The Ribos Operation EmptyThu May 02, 2013 8:48 am

Post reviews, observations, factoids, etc, regarding this story in this topic. Do not post replies to other people's postings here. This information is being compiled for future publication. Please post your name or a suitable alias (initials, for example) for publication purposes.
Back to top Go down
https://whona.forumotion.com
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

098 - The Ribos Operation Empty
PostSubject: Re: 098 - The Ribos Operation   098 - The Ribos Operation EmptyWed Nov 08, 2017 4:28 pm

Season 16 is a bit of a departure from DW at the time in that this series, for the first time, has a continuing story arc throughout all six serials.  This is certainly common in modern DW, but at the time was quite an experiment.  

The White Guardian enlists the Doctor to search for and collect the six segments to the Key to Time and gives him an assistant and a locator device, the Tracer, to do so.  Enter the lovely Mary Tamm as Time Lady Romanadvoratrelundar, aka Romana, aka Fred!  The Doctor also has a new K-9, since he left the Mark I model with Leela on Gallifrey.

The story itself is a rather tight, straightforward adventure from Robert Holmes filled with many interesting characters played to perfection by an outstanding guest cast.  I've always found it to be quite fun and one of my favorites from this particular series. The sets and costumes are quite wonderful, too. 

Much love to Mary Tamm's portrayal of Romana.  Although somewhat haughty, she is the first companion since Liz Shaw to be more of the Doctor's equal in terms of strength and scientific ability.  Oh...and she's stunningly gorgeous, too.  I loved her in all six of these stories and like Liz, she only lasted the ONE year.
Back to top Go down

098 - The Ribos Operation
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: The Doctor Who Viewer's Guide :: Season Sixteen - Fourth Doctor-
Jump to: