Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

079 - Revenge of the Cybermen

Go down 
3 posters

Rate this Story (5 Stars Being Best)
1 Star
079 - Revenge of the Cybermen Vote_lcap0%079 - Revenge of the Cybermen Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
2 Star
079 - Revenge of the Cybermen Vote_lcap20%079 - Revenge of the Cybermen Vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
3 Star
079 - Revenge of the Cybermen Vote_lcap60%079 - Revenge of the Cybermen Vote_rcap
 60% [ 3 ]
4 Star
079 - Revenge of the Cybermen Vote_lcap20%079 - Revenge of the Cybermen Vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
5 Star
079 - Revenge of the Cybermen Vote_lcap0%079 - Revenge of the Cybermen Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
Who North America
Who North America

Number of posts : 5792
Registration date : 2007-02-01

079 - Revenge of the Cybermen Empty
PostSubject: 079 - Revenge of the Cybermen   079 - Revenge of the Cybermen EmptyWed May 01, 2013 2:27 pm

Post reviews, observations, factoids, etc, regarding this story in this topic. Do not post replies to other people's postings here. This information is being compiled for future publication. Please post your name or a suitable alias (initials, for example) for publication purposes.
Back to top Go down
https://whona.forumotion.com
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: 079 - Revenge of the Cybermen   079 - Revenge of the Cybermen EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 8:33 pm

This one is 'okay'. I don't love it and I don't hate it. It would have been better if we'd seen more of the Cybermen. The Vogans were a bit naff. What we did see of the Cybermen wasn't mind blowing either. However, it's still watch-able and fun.

All in all, an okay story. Nothing spectacular, nothing terrible either. 3/5.
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: 079 - Revenge of the Cybermen   079 - Revenge of the Cybermen EmptyWed Sep 20, 2017 8:49 pm

Not particularly exciting...boring, actually. Not really a fan of Cybermen being "allergic" to gold...I always thought that was kind of crap. The Cyber voices are barely modulated...they sound like the actors' talking from inside their helmets with practically no enhancement at all. The Vogans are kind of weak, and the fact that they put the incredibly expressive face of the great Kevin Stoney in one of those masks is criminal.

The only props I can give this one is the re-use of the great sets from Ark in Space and the new look for the Cybermen. In addition, Tom was great in the confrontation scene with the Cyber Leader in episode 3. I love the way he practically sneers at him.

Seven years since the previous Cyberman story, and we get this mediocre one. No surprise it took another seven years until the next one...
Back to top Go down

079 - Revenge of the Cybermen
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: The Doctor Who Viewer's Guide :: Season Twelve - Fourth Doctor-
Jump to: