0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
Who North America
Who North America

Number of posts : 5792
Registration date : 2007-02-01

072 - Death to the Daleks Empty
PostSubject: 072 - Death to the Daleks   072 - Death to the Daleks EmptyWed May 01, 2013 2:17 pm

Post reviews, observations, factoids, etc, regarding this story in this topic. Do not post replies to other people's postings here. This information is being compiled for future publication. Please post your name or a suitable alias (initials, for example) for publication purposes.
Back to top Go down
https://whona.forumotion.com
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: 072 - Death to the Daleks   072 - Death to the Daleks EmptyThu May 02, 2013 4:38 pm

I've never been a huge fan of this one. I don't know why, really, it just never really holds my interest. It's one of Elisabeth Sladen's favorites, so obviously I'm missing something...

The model of the Exxilon city is pretty cool. I also like the silver with black Daleks, which are only seen in this story. The machine gun armaments on them are pretty unique, too, and make for a nasty weapon.

SeaDevil
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: 072 - Death to the Daleks   072 - Death to the Daleks EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 6:00 pm

This was pretty mediocre. Maybe a little bit below average, in fact. I was falling asleep all the way through episode one (I haven't done that during a Doctor Who story in a long time).

I did enjoy seeing them team up with the Daleks, but really there wasn't enough substance to keep me fully interested.

3/5.
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
Invisible Supreme
Invisible Supreme

Number of posts : 2167
Registration date : 2010-03-16

PostSubject: Re: 072 - Death to the Daleks   072 - Death to the Daleks EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 7:06 pm

This has to be one of my favorite Dalek stories. The beginning is a little slow, but things pick up once the Daleks arrive at the end of episode 1. (Or, if you have the tape of Death to the Daleks, about 25 minutes into the show, since they eschewed with cliffhangers for that version.) The voices are provided entirely by Micheal Wisher, and although I prefer Roy Skelton's, I think he holds up very well, barking orders in the signature Dalek style. The concept of a city that drains energy from passing spacecraft and the atmosphere like a parasite is interesting, if a bit dull until the fourth part. However, the ever-clever Daleks of course have a solution, and that is machine guns. Very effective against the Exxilons. All in all, it's solid because it does a lot with a little. I really enjoy the ending, when the city is decaying, and the Doctor makes a rather solemn comment. Very good ending. And, they discreetly avoided the question of whether Bellal would join the Doctor as a companion.

4/5

I.S.
Back to top Go down

072 - Death to the Daleks
Page 1 of 1