14% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
Who North America
Who North America

Number of posts : 5792
Registration date : 2007-02-01

068 - Planet of the Daleks Empty
PostSubject: 068 - Planet of the Daleks   068 - Planet of the Daleks EmptyWed May 01, 2013 10:05 am

Post reviews, observations, factoids, etc, regarding this story in this topic. Do not post replies to other people's postings here. This information is being compiled for future publication. Please post your name or a suitable alias (initials, for example) for publication purposes.
Back to top Go down
https://whona.forumotion.com
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: 068 - Planet of the Daleks   068 - Planet of the Daleks EmptyThu May 02, 2013 1:38 pm

Terry Nation returns to write another Dalek story, and its eerily similar to the first one - but I think its better. Where the original story had spots that kinda drug along, this 6-parter feels a little tighter. Its still kinda long, but getting from point A to point B doesnt't take two episodes this time. The Thals are less "wimpy" this time around, too. Love that new Supreme Dalek, too! One reason it was shaped a little differently was that the prop was actually a movie Dalek from Daleks - Invasion Earth 2150 AD modified slightly and painted up.

The always wonderful Bernard Horsfall is back playing another memorable character as the Thal leader, Taron.

Probably the best Dalek story in the Pertwee era, in my opinion.

SeaDevil
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: 068 - Planet of the Daleks   068 - Planet of the Daleks EmptySun Jul 13, 2014 8:27 pm

Another great story. This has been a solid season so far, not one bad story yet!

The Daleks feel like a genuine threat to our characters in this one, which allows for depth and meaning to the story and their struggle. Also, their voices are brilliant in this serial. There's just something about hearing and watching Daleks talk to each other that's just so satisfying and cool. It was also interesting to see the Supreme exterminate one of his own Daleks for failing - something the Daleks many years later in Asylum of the Daleks would not agree with. I guess the Supreme was just especially peeved here!

Not only do we get the usual fantastic scenes with the Doctor and Jo, but the Thals are interesting and make us feel what they're going through, too. Bernard Horsfall is one of the best actors in this show's history and I'm always glad to see him; there were a few of his scenes where I found myself thinking, "Wow, this seems so real" because of his convincing performance.

I really enjoyed this one. I've said this a lot recently but it's true every time: this is another new favourite! I can really see why so many people's favourite era of Doctor Who is the 1970s, because so far for me it's been a great ride. What's more is that I still have loads to still see and enjoy! cheers

4/5. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com

068 - Planet of the Daleks
Page 1 of 1