33% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
Who North America
Who North America

Number of posts : 5792
Registration date : 2007-02-01

065 - The Three Doctors Empty
PostSubject: 065 - The Three Doctors   065 - The Three Doctors EmptyWed May 01, 2013 10:03 am

Post reviews, observations, factoids, etc, regarding this story in this topic. Do not post replies to other people's postings here. This information is being compiled for future publication. Please post your name or a suitable alias (initials, for example) for publication purposes.
Back to top Go down
https://whona.forumotion.com
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: 065 - The Three Doctors   065 - The Three Doctors EmptyThu May 02, 2013 12:56 pm

Thoroughly enjoyable serial. If only William Hartnell were in better health so he could physically interact with Troughton and Pertwee, rather than just through pre-recorded scenes. Still...I'm grateful for his appearance. It would prove to be his last credit.

Troughton and Pertwee are a great double-act and their shared scenes are wonderful. The Brig's reaction to seeing the Second Doctor is a pretty funny scene.

As for the serial as a whole, the story is pretty entertaining and I thought the gel guards looked pretty cool. Stephen Thorne is back with his huge, imposing voice to play Omega.

As a reward for saving the Time Lords, the Doctor is given his freedom to travel through time and space again.

SeaDevil
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: 065 - The Three Doctors   065 - The Three Doctors EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 12:18 pm

A really fun and enjoyable story! So good to see Troughton again, and his chemistry with Pertwee is an absolute delight to witness! I wish I could enjoy Hartnell's bits, too, but it was actually more heartbreaking to watch than anything else. Still, I'm glad we got these last few appearances of him before he passed on.

The actual story is quite simple and not the most complex, but it doesn't need to be; the main focus of this story, really, is seeing the multiple Doctors work together, and what a treat it is. I really enjoyed Pertwee and Troughton together. I wish it were longer! Four parts really didn't feel like enough.

My only gripe would be that Omega's voice was unexpectedly off-putting... It just didn't sound right. Razz He reminded me of Gulliver from 'The Mind Robber'. Throughout all of Omega's scenes, all I could imagine was Gulliver under that helmet. It should have been a deep and angry voice. However, Omega was still a very interesting character and it's great to learn more about the Time Lords' history and how they discovered time travel. Certainly an enjoyable villain.

Great story and highly recommended, for Troughton and Pertwee if nothing else! cheers

4/5 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com

065 - The Three Doctors
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: The Doctor Who Viewer's Guide :: Season Ten - Third Doctor-
Jump to: