29% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
Who North America
Who North America

Number of posts : 5792
Registration date : 2007-02-01

056 - The Mind of Evil Empty
PostSubject: 056 - The Mind of Evil   056 - The Mind of Evil EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 10:43 pm

Post reviews, observations, factoids, etc, regarding this story in this topic. Do not post replies to other people's postings here. This information is being compiled for future publication. Please post your name or a suitable alias (initials, for example) for publication purposes.
Back to top Go down
https://whona.forumotion.com
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7000
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: 056 - The Mind of Evil   056 - The Mind of Evil EmptyWed May 01, 2013 2:50 pm

Another all time favorite Third Doctor story, even though it seems more at times like The Avengers than Doctor Who (not that its a bad thing...).

Jo gets a chance early in her time on Doctor Who to shine and take a big part of the story on her own.

The Master is especially dastardly in this one, too.

I can't wait to see the color-restored version this year, although it does look great in black and white. It actually gives the story as bit more "atmosphere" in monochrome.

SeaDevil
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: 056 - The Mind of Evil   056 - The Mind of Evil EmptyWed May 28, 2014 12:03 pm

Watched this again last night (first time I've seen it in colour!)

Some great scenes with the Master again. I really liked that his fear was the Doctor winning and gloating over him. The scene where one of the Doctor's hearts stops beating and the Master is deeply concerned and tries to save him is also very interesting and nice to see; I know he said he wanted the Doctor for the machine and for his own benefit, but I think the main reason he didn't want the Doctor dead was because he enjoys his rivalry. I liked that a lot.

I love all of the UNIT scenes, too. It really does feel like a family - a dysfunctional and arguing one, of course, but a family nonetheless. I really enjoy the Brig, Yates and Benton's characters and how they interact not only with the Doctor but with each other, like the scenes where the Brig loses his temper with Yates or calls Benton names.

A really good story. One of my favourites, and possibly my favourite Pertwee story so far! 5 out of 5 from me!
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com

056 - The Mind of Evil
Page 1 of 1