16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
CompanionGallifrey42211
CompanionGallifrey42211

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2013-04-07

WHO was your first WHO? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHO was your first WHO?   WHO was your first WHO? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 12:55 pm

Thanks! Ive got another thread coming once I am on for the official seven days. Surprises to come! Smile

Thank you for the welcome, I feel the humany-wumany feelings here. Everyone is very nice!
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: WHO was your first WHO?   WHO was your first WHO? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 1:06 pm

You needn't be on seven days before you can make a second thread.

Discuss away!
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: WHO was your first WHO?   WHO was your first WHO? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 1:13 pm

Back to your other question about "discovering Who," once I got hooked through Eccleston, my buddy - who had been a fan since the PBS days in the 80's - gave me 2 or 3 of each Doctor to watch to get the "feel" of each era.

I immediately gravitated towards the pure scientific nature and the action adventure stories of the Third Doctor. He firmly remains my favorite Doctor.

As for a favorite episode, I have soooo many I love, but my favorite would have to be the one that finally tipped the scales and got be hooked for good, "The Ambassadors of Death."

Back to top Go down
Invisible Supreme
Invisible Supreme

Number of posts : 2167
Registration date : 2010-03-16

PostSubject: Re: WHO was your first WHO?   WHO was your first WHO? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 2:42 pm

My first Who was Peter Cushing, I loved the two dalek movies he was in.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: WHO was your first WHO?   WHO was your first WHO? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 2:50 pm

Invisible Supreme wrote:
My first Who was Peter Cushing, I loved the two dalek movies he was in.

Wonderful!!!

The Movies are totally enjoyable and a great simple introduction to any one, especially a toddler/younger child to Doctor Who and the Daleks!!!
Back to top Go down
The 2nd Doctor Roberts
The 2nd Doctor Roberts

Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-07-21

PostSubject: Re: WHO was your first WHO?   WHO was your first WHO? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 4:15 am

jdwpin wrote:
My father introduced me to Doctor Who on TV Ontario when I was about 7. What little girl doesn't dream of meeting Aggedor?!

I think it was a man at first, but I loved the woman who would come on after the episodes and pick everything apart. TVO had to make it educational, so there was always a short show at the end (to make up the 1/2 hour) with someone explaining what was realistic and what made no sense.

Dr. Dator and the Un-Doctor! There's a link below to a Who on TVO page with links to some of their segments...including Dr. Dator's abrupt farewell exclamation "goodbye forever!" Shocked (He sounded much angrier about it when I saw it as a kid.)

http://gallifreybase.com/w/index.php/Canada_TVO

jdwpin, if you remember much from the TVO days, maybe you could help me out. I know for a fact the first Who I ever saw was the last two episodes of "Planet of the Spiders" on TVO...but the above link is telling me that's impossible. It claims the story only ran once, in 1978, and was never repeated. Impossible. I know I couldn't have seen it before December 1980. "Robot" followed it the next week, and the site is saying it ran in March of 1981. You wouldn't remember seeing "Spiders" around that time, would you?

Gallifreybase's dates for Who in Detroit on WGPR are all wrong, too...unless I somehow managed to see all of Peter Davison's episodes in the summer of 1983...including the ones he hadn't filmed yet. geek Maybe I should investigate the site further and discover I've never actually seen "Doctor Who" at all.
Back to top Go down
jdwpin
jdwpin

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2007-02-19

PostSubject: Re: WHO was your first WHO?   WHO was your first WHO? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 8:19 am

The 2nd Doctor Roberts wrote:
You wouldn't remember seeing "Spiders" around that time, would you?

Sorry, but I don't remember exactly when I saw which episodes. I certainly remember watching Spiders. Daleks never frightened me, but I still fear a spider will jump on my back and start controlling me! And I clearly remember being shocked/horrified/amazed/intrigued by the Doctor regenerating.

I know I saw some Tom Baker episodes in the states on PBS in late 1979/early 1980 and I believe I had seen Spiders before that - I wasn't familiar with Tom Baker, but I wasn't confused by him being the Doctor.

I have no idea if I saw Spiders a second time back then.
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: WHO was your first WHO?   WHO was your first WHO? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 8:53 am

The first full episode I saw was An Unearthly Child in a 30th Anniversary marathon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
CompanionGallifrey42211
CompanionGallifrey42211

PostSubject: Re: WHO was your first WHO?   WHO was your first WHO? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 9:23 am

Amazing stories guys! I have had to watch most of the episodes online. Mad (which was difficult until i found netflix and hulu sites....) because I didn't have the BBCA channel yet. I finally got the BBCA channel and have been catching up with the Doctors through the DVD's I bought and (thankfully) DVR. I have begun watching my William Hartnell episodes again. I cant tell you how much I admire the First Doctor.....in my eyes he has begun the whole line we have come to know and love. He first Doctor:He's wise and kind,he's clever and adventurous and I love his problem solving skills....I cant tell you which episodes Ive watched so far as I cant remember since I'm traveling away from my 'planet' (home) right now
All I can think of is how far technology has come....it amazes me!

p.s. did anyone catch the 11th Doctors companion on BBC last night/this morning. Karen was on 'The Nerdist' Smile
Back to top Go down
jdwpin
jdwpin

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2007-02-19

PostSubject: Re: WHO was your first WHO?   WHO was your first WHO? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 9:47 am

CompanionGallifrey42211 wrote:
I have had to watch most of the episodes online.

Have you tried checking your local library? I know mine, and I'm told many others too, has a large DW DVD collection.
Back to top Go down
CompanionGallifrey42211
CompanionGallifrey42211

PostSubject: Re: WHO was your first WHO?   WHO was your first WHO? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 11:58 am

yes at the moment they only had two Dvds, I watched them.... planning on going back sometime this weekend hopefully!
Back to top Go down
Caretaker maine
Caretaker maine

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2013-02-24

PostSubject: Re: WHO was your first WHO?   WHO was your first WHO? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 7:12 pm

I'm an old Dr Who fan, I have seen every show since the beginning, except the latest on, I have it on Tevo, I'll watch it this week, I was out of town Saturday, oh by the way I haven't seen a show I didn't like in 50 years, they are all great, my point of view
Back to top Go down
Osbourne
Osbourne

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2009-04-21

PostSubject: Re: WHO was your first WHO?   WHO was your first WHO? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 6:14 pm

The 4th Doctor was my first one I seen on tv.
Back to top Go down
http://www.impulsecreations.net
Ghost Rider
Ghost Rider

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2013-06-24

PostSubject: Re: WHO was your first WHO?   WHO was your first WHO? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 6:45 pm

I first saw Dr Who by accident on my locla PBS. The actualy carry the new series only its a year behind. It was Matt Smith 11th hour. It was the scene where Amy handcuffs him to the heater. I only caught a couple of minutes. Then had to leave the house.
Later we got netflix and I started with Eccleston. I have been hooked ever since.

I watched all the new series and now Im working my way through Drs 1-7. I have watched one epsoide of each of the Drs. Im know a Dr Who junkie. I have never conected to a tv show as much as Dr Who. I cant even rewatch a show or movie but I can Who. I have rewatched every epsoide of the new series and rewatched every classic who epsoide that I have.

Nothing beats Who. This is coming from a former Star Wars and still part time Trek fan. I sold off just about all of my Star Wars collection I have had since the age of 11 to put toward buying Dr Who stuff.
Back to top Go down

WHO was your first WHO?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-
Jump to: