44% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
Who North America
Who North America

Number of posts : 5792
Registration date : 2007-02-01

017 - The Time Meddler Empty
PostSubject: 017 - The Time Meddler   017 - The Time Meddler EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 2:30 pm

Post reviews, observations, factoids, etc, regarding this story in this topic. Do not post replies to other people's postings here. This information is being compiled for future publication. Please post your name or a suitable alias (initials, for example) for publication purposes.
Back to top Go down
https://whona.forumotion.com
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: 017 - The Time Meddler   017 - The Time Meddler EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 3:35 pm

Another fun one. Peter Butterworth is great as the Meddling Monk. I really enjoyed him and wished he'd have been more of a recurring character than just his one return the next year.

SeaDevil
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: 017 - The Time Meddler   017 - The Time Meddler EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 7:23 pm

Another "member of the Doctor's race" and another Tardis!! What is not to love. Interfering with history deliberately and just for fun. The Meddling Monk was a great character, and he should have returned for more confrontations with the Doctor. Can you imagine The Monk teaming up with The Master??
The sets were fantastic in this. The monastery and the village. The stock footage of the viking ships was a bit jarring, but not much else you could do on their budget.

Ronpur
Back to top Go down
pixletwin
pixletwin

Number of posts : 2724
Registration date : 2008-07-11

PostSubject: Re: 017 - The Time Meddler   017 - The Time Meddler EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 1:38 pm

Aside from An Unearthly Child, I believe this is the first true "Classic" Doctor Who story. The Time Meddler is a very interesting foe because he is not exactly evil, like the Master, but he is clearly not good. Also the banter between the Doctor and Steven is borderline iconic Hartnell.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: 017 - The Time Meddler   017 - The Time Meddler EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 1:03 pm

I liked this one. Great to see another Time Lord and another TARDIS for the first time. It was interesting but by part three it started to drag and took its time to get to the point. A very cool idea though and nicely done. The story was kinda weak though; yes, he wants to change time to "improve things" but other than that there's no plot. Nonetheless, it was enjoyable.

Not quite sure what to think of Steven just yet. I'm glad he's not just a carbon-copy of Ian though. I do like how he gets along with Vicki, too. I'll have to see more of him before I make a judgement though.

3 stars. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com

017 - The Time Meddler
Page 1 of 1