22% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
Who North America
Who North America

Number of posts : 5792
Registration date : 2007-02-01

014 - The Crusade Empty
PostSubject: 014 - The Crusade   014 - The Crusade EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 2:28 pm

Post reviews, observations, factoids, etc, regarding this story in this topic. Do not post replies to other people's postings here. This information is being compiled for future publication. Please post your name or a suitable alias (initials, for example) for publication purposes.
Back to top Go down
https://whona.forumotion.com
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

014 - The Crusade Empty
PostSubject: Re: 014 - The Crusade   014 - The Crusade EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 3:26 pm

Julian Glover and Jean Marsh make all the difference here. Not a bad historical, but not as good as The Aztecs or Reign of Terror.. Granted, all we have are two episodes we can watch and the other two we can only listen to, so the picture in my mind is incomplete, but I just thought this one was so-so.

SeaDevil
Back to top Go down
pixletwin
pixletwin

Number of posts : 2724
Registration date : 2008-07-11

014 - The Crusade Empty
PostSubject: Re: 014 - The Crusade   014 - The Crusade EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 1:34 pm

Not as good as it's historical predecessors. It is fun seeing Vicki prancing around like a male page. But on the whole the characters in this aren't likeable on either side (English or Moorish). It was hard to sit through for me.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

014 - The Crusade Empty
PostSubject: Re: 014 - The Crusade   014 - The Crusade EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 3:02 pm

Felt like the same old... Extremely similar to, though not as good as, Marco Polo, The Aztecs and The Reign of Terror, thus it was rather repetitive. It didn't really have a unique quality to it; it's just another story where they go back in time, one of them get kidnapped, they save them, they have to do such and such to get back to the TARDIS and escape, etc. It was rather uninteresting, unfortunately.

However, the costumes were done nicely and it was pretty cool to see Ian get knighted. And at least it wasn't as bad as The Web Planet. :POther than that, it was pretty meh... It wasn't bad and it wasn't exceptionally good. It was just... Meh. I just think it's that these historical stories give the TARDIS crew nothing to do or solve other than to live through it and escape. There's no sense of adventure here - for me personally, anywho.

2 stars.
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com

014 - The Crusade
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: The Doctor Who Viewer's Guide :: Season Two - First Doctor-
Jump to: