Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
Who North America
Who North America

Number of posts : 5792
Registration date : 2007-02-01

006 - The Aztecs Empty
PostSubject: 006 - The Aztecs   006 - The Aztecs EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 3:49 pm

Post reviews, observations, factoids, etc, regarding this story in this topic. Do not post replies to other people's postings here. This information is being compiled for future publication. Please post your name or a suitable alias (initials, for example) for publication purposes.

Last edited by Who North America on Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://whona.forumotion.com
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

006 - The Aztecs Empty
PostSubject: Re: 006 - The Aztecs   006 - The Aztecs EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 4:12 pm

Probably my favorite "historical." A great showcase for Jacqueline Hill as Barbara, too. Amazing costumes, too. I love everything about this one - casting, sets, the aforementioned costumes. The look on William Hartnell's face when he realizes he unwittingly got engaged is priceless! Sometimes cocoa isn't just cocoa!

SeaDevil

Last edited by SeaDevil on Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
pixletwin
pixletwin

Number of posts : 2724
Registration date : 2008-07-11

006 - The Aztecs Empty
PostSubject: Re: 006 - The Aztecs   006 - The Aztecs EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 4:57 pm

Slow start on this one but once it gets going it is great. I loved the Doctor being married and not realizing it. Truly one of Hartnell's highlights.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

006 - The Aztecs Empty
PostSubject: Re: 006 - The Aztecs   006 - The Aztecs EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 6:24 pm

This is what a historical story should be. Amazing attention to detail.

Ronpur
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

006 - The Aztecs Empty
PostSubject: Re: 006 - The Aztecs   006 - The Aztecs EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 2:57 pm

I'm not really a fan of this one, personally. I don't think it was awful - there were bits I liked - but overall I didn't find the plot very exciting or entertaining.

I enjoyed seeing the Doctor's character develop further, in that we see a more affectionate side to him, and it's the first time we see the Doctor show romantic feelings (odd that people complain about that sort of thing in New-Who but it's present even in the very first season Razz). Great performance from Hartnell with those scenes.

I also enjoyed the focus on Barbra and the development of her character, too. Certainly the most entertaining part of this story was the fact that this is the first time they try to rewrite time.

Other than that, I didn't really enjoy this story. I'm not particularly sure why, I just think the overall feel was underwhelming and not as fun as I anticipated it to be, especially after hearing only good reviews. Maybe it's just me, but I'd give this one two out of five stars. I don't think was an awful story, like I said, but for the most part I didn't get much of a thrill from this one.
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com

006 - The Aztecs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: The Doctor Who Viewer's Guide :: Season One - First Doctor-
Jump to: