19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627
Registration date : 2007-02-01

Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range   Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 3:38 pm

I don't know, it seems about the same as Han? Maybe the warmth of his outfit is causing it to look that way.
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 2207
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range   Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 6:09 pm

So far I've seen everyone at retail except Boba Fett.
Back to top Go down
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range   Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 9:39 pm

Some beautiful new figures have been revealed alongside some previously announced!! cheers

Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 4 Toy-fa10

Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 4 Toy-fa11

Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 4 Toy-fa12

Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 4 Toy-fa13

Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 4 Toy-fa14

Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 4 Toy-fa15

Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 4 Toy-fa16

Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 4 Toy-fa17

Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 4 Toy-fa18

AND FINALLY... VADER!! cheerscheerscheers

Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 4 Toy-fa19
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range   Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 10:02 pm

Ooooooooooooooo...they look great!  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range   Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 10:10 pm

Wow!
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range   Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 10:39 pm

*Makes grabby hands at that ROTJ Luke*
Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

Number of posts : 1274
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range   Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 10:49 pm

Notice the interchangeable shirt on Luke.
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range   Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 11:34 pm

Rumor has it that there will be an SDCC version of Jabba that comes with an exclusive Salacious Crumb instead of just including him with the retail version because Hasbro are jerks.
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range   Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 12:21 am

Really excited about Vader. Toynewsi has a video of Pixel Dan interviewing a Hasbro designer, which seems to intimate that Jabba might have his dais AND Salacious Crumb in an exclusive version, which probably will be SDCC. Which REALLY sucks because Hasbro exclusives are nearly impossible to get ahold of.
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range   Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 12:53 am

Seeing the prequel guys next to the original trilogy folks made me realize just how much the prequel outfits were mere "costumes".

Seriously, nearly 30 years separate the two trilogies and the originals are the ones with the more intricate and detailed outfits.
Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range   Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 1:49 am

Plus, there was a fundamental misunderstanding of Obi Wan's robes in ANH. They weren't Jedi gear, they were for the arid climate. So to reverse engineer all those desert robes for the Jedi knights in the PT was kind of funny, IMO. But you are right, alot of stuff aboot the PT was phoned in. But that's another discussion.
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range   Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 4:53 am

You mean to say Obi-Wan didn't pick which planet to hide out on based on his existing Jedi wardrobe?
Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range   Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 5:12 am

This is my interpretation, based on the end of Revenge of the Sith. Obi Wan, Yoda, and Bail Organa knew that it was possible that Palpatine would find out about Luke. But Anakin only knew about 1 baby, and they had 2. So they decided to hide Luke in the most obvious place possible, among Anakin's step-family. That way, if Vader ever finds out, he comes to Tatooine, and Obi Wan has a shot at finishing him. If Obi Wan succeeds, Vader gets killed. If Obi Wan fails and Luke dies, they still have Leia, who would be brought to Yoda and trained to be a Jedi and eventually kill the Emperor. So they basically used Luke as bait to draw Vader in, but neither Sith ever picked up on the presence of Luke or Leia.
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range   Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 8:07 pm

Yeah, but why does Leia have childhood memories of Padme?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range   Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 10:27 pm

Calixar wrote:
Yeah, but why does Leia have childhood memories of Padme?

Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 4 E15619221b6e2e4244819bc49258c9224d8faea6304b67dc05372a2ec372a330

My interpretation has always been that they were just false memories, or perhaps Bail and his wife showed her pictures/footage of Padme from her time in the senate? Meh, either way, George messed up.

Personally I have no problem with the prequels though. There's massive room for improvement and it'd be kinda cool if they'd go back and redo them properly and just pretend these prequels aren't canon, but for what they are, I enjoyed them. Maybe that's just because I'm a youngling and thus impure... But yeah. bounce
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range   Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 10:35 pm

Let's not stray too far from the topic if the figures themselves, please.

There is a general Star Wars discussion thread, too.

https://whona.forumotion.com/t3130p275-the-official-star-wars-thread

Sea,
Mod
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range   Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 8:38 pm

Found wave three at the weekend! Well, they had Obi-Wan and Luke, but no Stormtrooper.

I decided to go with Obi-Wan. There was only one left and still a few of Luke, so I thought I'd have a better chance getting Obi-Wan now and coming back for Luke in a few weeks.

He's a great figure! I'm quite pleased with him! Very detailed and nicely sculpted. The face sculpt isn't too bad - from some angles it doesn't look right but usually it's okay. The articulation is the same as ever, but because the limbs are a bit chunkier on this one they are extremely stiff.

Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 4 112

Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 4 212

Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 4 1110

Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 4 511

Only complaints would be that he doesn't come with very many accessories. Would have been nice to get a Jedi robe with this figure. Also, despite these photos, the lightsaber is not nearly blue enough in person. It almost looks transparent and colourless.

Other than that, it's another great figure to add to my small but growing 6" Star Wars collection. Very Happy

P.S That shot of Troughton and Obi-Wan is not accurate in terms of size comparison; I had to raise the Doctor about half a centimetre in order for him to not look too short.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range   Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 9:11 pm

Finally picked up Han today! My favourite so far!

I don't know why, but every time I've seen him in the packaging in shops before he has looked good but not amazing enough for me to jump straight at it, but I actually really like it. The sculpt is perfect. It's all perfect!

Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 4 Han_110

Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 4 Han_210

Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 4 Han_310

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range   Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 4:45 pm

Finally got my hands on Boba Fett!! I had to pay a bit extra on the secondary market since he is nowhere to be found in stores. For months he's eluded me each time my local FP and comic book store have got new stock. Glad to finally add him to the collection! cheers

Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 4 Dscn1810

Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 4 Dscn1811

Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 4 Dscn1812

Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 4 Dscn1813

Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 4 Dscn1814

Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 4 Dscn1815

Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 4 Dscn1818

Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 4 Dscn1817

Last edited by Scary on Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Captain Ironmac
Captain Ironmac

Number of posts : 572
Registration date : 2009-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range   Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 6:26 pm

I've got to admit after seeing boba fett in the flesh, I'm tempted to get some of this collection myself.
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range   Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 8:18 pm

Looks like Boba Fett and the Stormtrooper are being reissued in the next wave, along with new figures of a Clone Trooper and Anakin Skywalker.
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range   Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 12:36 am

Oh, Fett's gun is awesome.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range   Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 20, 2014 10:43 pm

SeaDevil wrote:
Looks like Boba Fett and the Stormtrooper are being reissued in the next wave, along with new figures of a Clone Trooper and Anakin Skywalker.

Yup, just a couple of days after me receiving my now unnecessarily more expensive one...

Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 4 Darth_10

Ah well, c'est la vie...

I plan to get Anakin to go alongside my Obi-Wan. I wouldn't have bought it but now that I have Obi-Wan, I have to. Razz The only prequel figures I would like really are Mace Windu, 501st Phase II Clones, Captain Rex, Commander Cody, maybe Ahsoka, and Yoda if they don't do an 'Empire' version (but they better do an 'Empire' version *gives an evil glare in Hasbro's general direction*). Otherwise, it's the OT stuff I'm looking forward to, and thankfully it seems like there are more OT figures coming up than PT.
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range   Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 20, 2014 11:55 pm

Got a couple of these from Ebay for my Obi and Anakin figures.

Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 4 15024710
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range   Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 12:45 pm

Oh wow, that looks so much better! Could you PM me a link to the listing/seller perhaps?
Back to top Go down

Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next