19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

Number of posts : 1274
Registration date : 2007-09-09

Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range   Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 2:41 am

It's funny to me that this figure is getting 100-150 dollars on Ebay. Funny because BOTH Han and Fett will be released individually later on down the line. So you are basically paying for the packaging. I have done stuff like this myself out of impatience in the past, so I can point a finger at myself too.

Maybe because I don't collect this scale. In any case, these look friggin cool. It reminds me of Trek, when I collected all the Playmates figures when they came out. Suddenly, Art Asylum put out Enterprise in a new scale. I collected those, and was reluctant when the TOS figures were announced. But MAN, I am glad I switched. After the Who scale change, I am halfway scared that once Rebels and Ep 7 come out, Hasbro will switch to 6" scale and discontinue the smaller figures. I know that won't really happen, and both lines will be there, but still. As the song goes, 'Will you still love us tomorrow?'
Back to top Go down
Krynoid
Krynoid

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range   Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 6:22 pm

BBTS had the Fett/Carbo Han for about 20 minutes but they were charging $140 for the European version. I had a chance to get it but decided against the marked up option.

I received series 1 today. I am impressed with the detail! Unfortunately, Darth Maul should have had better articulation. You can't do any of the martial arts poses with him. Not even a high kick!

And the bendy plastic disappoints me. Bent lightsabres and guns and in R2's case, a slightly bent leg.And the Sandtrooper is the only one with bicep swivel.
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range   Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 10:07 am

W007!
Got my pre-order in for the 6" Han Solo... He'll look great next to the 6" Indiana Jones.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
FutureBoy
FutureBoy

Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2012-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range   Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 12:38 pm

UK price black hole...

Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 3 2qbfyoo

Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 3 30l2zcl

Face is pretty good. Could do with a bit more detail in the deco.

Hulk is better value IMO.

Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 3 2ujp4xf
Back to top Go down
Krynoid
Krynoid

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range   Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 1:08 pm

but can Hulk fly an X-Wing?

I assume demand plays a part in this pricing.

A lot more Hulk / comic book superhero characters will be bought for kids than the 6" Star Wars line, which is targeted towards adult collectors (who will pay more).

The adults need the larger figures because their eyesight is going and we can't see the detail on the little figures...

Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range   Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 9:54 am

FutureBoy wrote:
UK price black hole...

Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 3 2qbfyoo
Wow. I'm sorry.
I just bought that for my son for $19.88. That's about £12.51.
But I guess that's the way it is. I typically pay $30 for the Who figures/
Back to top Go down
Krynoid
Krynoid

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range   Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 12:21 pm

Calixar wrote:

Wow. I'm sorry.
The cost of living in the UK equates the currency. That is to say £1 = $1.

Things that cost $1 here cost £1 in the UK.  

When us North Americans buy goods from the UK, be it Dr Who toys or Gary Numan CDs, we end up paying about 1.6x more (current rate). And then there's the shipping costs.

But if the reverse was the case (which isn't usually), UKers would only have to pay 0.6x the price of North American exclusives. Which can nullify the shipping costs.

Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range   Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 7:56 pm

Finally got one the other day! Managed to pick up Luke. Unfortunately they only had him and R2-D2, otherwise I would have bought the Sandtrooper first - he's the one I was looking forward to the most. But I'm still REALLY pleased with Luke. I'm enjoying him way more than I expected to, in all honesty!

Here's my review of him and a few photos, too. Very Happy

Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 3 Dscn0620

Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 3 Luke_t10

Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 3 Dscn0621

Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 3 Luke_t11

Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 3 Dscn0718
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range   Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 8:16 pm

Scary wrote:
Finally got one the other day! Managed to pick up Luke. Unfortunately they only had him and R2-D2, otherwise I would have bought the Sandtrooper first - he's the one I was looking forward to the most. But I'm still REALLY pleased with Luke. I'm enjoying him way more than I expected to, in all honesty!

And then over his comm system:

"Imperial Lawn Mowers approaching the ridge..."

Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range   Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 9:28 pm

Cruel Angel wrote:
Scary wrote:

And then over his comm system:

"Imperial Lawn Mowers approaching the ridge..."

lol! Razz
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7000
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range   Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 11:07 pm

I got Luke, R2, and Darth Maul today.

WOW!

Very nice.  Very cool. Very happy!

I do wish that Luke had a holster for his blaster and that he and Maul came with stands, but those are minor quibbles.  These figs look great!
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range   Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 11:53 pm

Krynoid wrote:
Calixar wrote:

Wow. I'm sorry.
The cost of living in the UK equates the currency. That is to say £1 = $1.

Things that cost $1 here cost £1 in the UK.  

When us North Americans buy goods from the UK, be it Dr Who toys or Gary Numan CDs, we end up paying about 1.6x more (current rate). And then there's the shipping costs.

But if the reverse was the case (which isn't usually), UKers would only have to pay 0.6x the price of North American exclusives. Which can nullify the shipping costs.

I been saying that for years, we North Americans get BONED when it comes to exchange rates.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range   Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 2:56 pm

Got the 6" Sandtrooper yesterday! AMAZING figure! So detailed and such a perfect sculpt! Beautifully done!

Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range   Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 1:52 am

Came today... I love it.

Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 3 11191310
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range   Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 9:49 am

Awesome!! Can't wait to get my hands on one of my own! Wave 2 is gonna be a blast!! cheers
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range   Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 2:12 pm

Wave 2 looks great! They've been sitting in my Pile of Loot for weeks, and I finally was just able to ship it!
Back to top Go down
Krynoid
Krynoid

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range   Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 1:28 am

Series 3 has been released for pre-order.

Friggin Stormtrooper sold out instantly. And at a premium of $10 too...not impressed at more gouging.

And they've dumped Han Solo from the series 2 in with the series 3 case...WTF?!?!?

Holes of Arsenal...
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range   Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 3:48 am

At least he'll be good custom fodder. Perhaps if you get another Stormtrooper, you could swap the heads? bounce

Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 3 HAS23409

I'm very much looking forward to this wave! I'll be getting all of them bar Han. As Obi-Wan is pretty much my favourite part about the prequels, and since the 3.75" version of his ROTS get-up is one of my favourite figures in that scale, I think I'm actually looking forward to that one the most. But Luke looks great, too!

Gotta focus on getting wave 2 first though. They're not due here in the UK until December 8th, and my wallet is empty! So I need to come up with a decisive plan of action pretty quickly. Razz
Back to top Go down
Krynoid
Krynoid

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range   Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 12:33 pm

Swap heads?!? Why would I want a Han Solo with a Stormtrooper head?
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range   Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 12:37 pm

Krynoid wrote:
Swap heads?!? Why would I want a Han Solo with a Stormtrooper head?
You know what I mean. Razz
Back to top Go down
Krynoid
Krynoid

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range   Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 12:39 pm

Wink
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range   Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 1:04 pm

I wasn't planning on getting that case, anyway. At this point, I only really want the Stormtrooper. I MIGHT get Obi-Wan, too. We'll see. I don't care for Bespin Luke all that much as a look, to be honest.
Back to top Go down
Krynoid
Krynoid

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range   Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 7:09 pm

I've ordered the four figures from series 3. This will give me an extra Han Solo and an Obi Wan that I don't want.

Would you be interested in these Scary? And possibly an opened Darth Maul?

LMK
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range   Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 11:13 pm

Krynoid wrote:
I've ordered the four figures from series 3. This will give me an extra Han Solo and an Obi Wan that I don't want.

Would you be interested in these Scary? And possibly an opened Darth Maul?

LMK
Yes, definitely! Stock is scare on this side of the pond so I'd be very grateful. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range   Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 6:22 am

Am I the only one that thinks Obi-Wan looks out to place in that line up? I think it has to do with his color saturation...it's just so much brighter then the others.
Back to top Go down

Star Wars Black - 6'' Action Figure Range
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next