24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
The Castellan
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

New TARDIS design! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New TARDIS design!   New TARDIS design! - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 9:58 pm

jonwes wrote:
darn, I wish I had the build of those "effeminate" Cybermen. Effeminate like a linebacker... Laughing

~Hands you a barbell~ Carry on. afro
Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

Number of posts : 1274
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: New TARDIS design!   New TARDIS design! - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 10:59 pm

I like them!!!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: New TARDIS design!   New TARDIS design! - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 8:50 pm

New TARDIS design! - Page 3 Tardis11
Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

PostSubject: Re: New TARDIS design!   New TARDIS design! - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 9:04 pm

:O
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: New TARDIS design!   New TARDIS design! - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 9:04 pm

I like it! seems like there are still some levels judging by the stair on the side.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: New TARDIS design!   New TARDIS design! - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 9:07 pm

Classic color console, classic look, classic feel, classic controls all with a modern twist and a few newwho knobs and buttons thrown in for fun.... I like it!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: New TARDIS design!   New TARDIS design! - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 9:10 pm

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

PostSubject: Re: New TARDIS design!   New TARDIS design! - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 9:13 pm

Thumbs up from me. Looks great.
Back to top Go down
Glitz
Glitz

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2010-05-29

PostSubject: Re: New TARDIS design!   New TARDIS design! - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 9:20 pm

So the show's on CBBC now? Sorry to be the first hater, but that console in the back w/ the christmas lights is right out of a 90s POWER RANGERS ep.

I have to see more, but this first shot looks really cheap. Even if this is just a tiny piece of the set, that main console doesn't have much "character". Seems like a huge downgrade from the previous two sets.
Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

PostSubject: Re: New TARDIS design!   New TARDIS design! - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 9:23 pm

Glitz wrote:
So the show's on CBBC now? Sorry to be the first hater, but that console in the back w/ the christmas lights is right out of a 90s POWER RANGERS ep.

I have to see more, but this first shot looks really cheap. Even if this is just a tiny piece of the set, that main console doesn't have much "character". Seems like a huge downgrade from the previous two sets.

Can't you see the spot for Zordon's face in the Time Rotor?
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: New TARDIS design!   New TARDIS design! - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 9:31 pm

Hmmm... blinky lights or ketchup dispensers... which looks cheaper... LOL

I loved the found item look of the 9/10 console because it was so subtle and well incorporated. I really liked everything about the 11 console except some of the big clunky plastic bits and the fact that some stuff just stuck out.

I will need to see this in action more to fully judge, but I'm liking how different and fresh it feels compared to those. Sure, it feels more standard in some ways, but in a way that's more fun. The only thing I'm not sure I like is the bright blue roundels in the back wall. I feel like they stand out a bit too much in the general scheme of things.

I do kind of miss the coppery finish and wood and the big portal. But there might still be more to see of this one than we can see right now. Intrigued to see what the doors outside will look like!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: New TARDIS design!   New TARDIS design! - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 9:35 pm

jonwes wrote:

I loved the found item look of the 9/10 console because it was so subtle and well incorporated. I really liked everything about the 11 console except some of the big clunky plastic bits and the fact that some stuff just stuck out.

I will need to see this in action more to fully judge, but I'm liking how different and fresh it feels compared to those. Sure, it feels more standard in some ways, but in a way that's more fun. The only thing I'm not sure I like is the bright blue roundels in the back wall. I feel like they stand out a bit too much in the general scheme of things.

I do kind of miss the coppery finish and wood and the big portal. But there might still be more to see of this one than we can see right now. Intrigued to see what the doors outside will look like!

Yeah the most advanced travel machine in the entire universe and it has ketchup dispensers, horns, bells, a handbrake... IE a bunch of tacky EARTH junk.... no thanks.

I agree with you... we need to see this in action.

Looks great so far!
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: New TARDIS design!   New TARDIS design! - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 10:26 pm

I'm glad there's no more Sandford and Son.
Back to top Go down
Glitz
Glitz

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2010-05-29

PostSubject: Re: New TARDIS design!   New TARDIS design! - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 12:41 am

jonwes wrote:

I definitely agree that the "found art" aspects of 11's TARDIS went overboard. What I will say for it though is that at least it wasn't cliche. It's not what you EXPECT a time machine to look like. This take (what the BBC's chosen to show us and be impressed by) is bloodless and bland- the product of a second-rate imagination.

I almost wonder... and I really doubt this... if this is a one-off set- something to reflect the Doctor's closed-off, uninspired mood. This doesn't look much more expensive than the Silence's quasi-TARDIS- I could ALMOST believe they're saving up something better to surprise us with.
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: New TARDIS design!   New TARDIS design! - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 12:50 am

Glitz wrote:
Sorry to be the first hater, but that console in the back w/ the christmas lights is right out of a 90s POWER RANGERS ep.

I was thinking ST:TOS
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
Ianotimelord
Ianotimelord

Number of posts : 1495
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: New TARDIS design!   New TARDIS design! - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 3:42 am

I like it a lot!! That is how a console room should look like. The previous ones had so much junk on them, Matt Smith's one even had part of a Bus on it.
I have seen the 9/10th console in person and it is impressive and a replica of Matt Smiths, also very good. I have to agree with what Ray Cusick said of the 9/10th console looks like a dogs dinner.
Back to top Go down
http://doctorwhotoys.forumshome.com/
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: New TARDIS design!   New TARDIS design! - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 3:59 am

Typical of the Moff era. Not too imaginative, actually quite derivative, and of course easily marketable as a piece of cheap merchandise.

Glad I still have the first two series and everything before that to watch.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: New TARDIS design!   New TARDIS design! - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 4:18 am

Whoosier Whovian wrote:
Typical of the Moff era. Not too imaginative, actually quite derivative, and of course easily marketable as a piece of cheap merchandise.

Glad I still have the first two series and everything before that to watch.

Better turn ya TV off then Christmas day and forever more if you are that disappointed with it.
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: New TARDIS design!   New TARDIS design! - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 8:52 am

I like it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: New TARDIS design!   New TARDIS design! - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 10:17 am

Now it does look like Star Trek
Back to top Go down
Ted47
Ted47

Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2012-02-02

PostSubject: Re: New TARDIS design!   New TARDIS design! - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 10:29 am

I like it. Not as cluttered as the previous one. It was too busy.
Less is more.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: New TARDIS design!   New TARDIS design! - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 10:58 am

This is absolute AWESOMEEEEEEEE!!!! Look at it! VERY classic! Love it, love it, LOVE IT!

cheers
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: New TARDIS design!   New TARDIS design! - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 11:38 am

Ronpur wrote:
Now it does look like Star Trek

Yeah like a space ship, its wonderful, looks like a Time and Space Machine now!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: New TARDIS design!   New TARDIS design! - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 11:40 am

Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: New TARDIS design!   New TARDIS design! - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 11:56 pm

Maybe this isn't THE Tardis.......or maybe it is what she looked like when he first borrowed Sexy?
Back to top Go down

New TARDIS design!
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next