22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
The 2nd Doctor Roberts
The 2nd Doctor Roberts

Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-07-21

General Star Trek thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 6:11 pm

Here's a question for anyone who owns Star Trek Hallmark Christmas ornaments produced in the 90s...I'm talking about the sort you have to plug into your light strings to get light and sound. Can you recommend a currently-produced brand of lights that is compatable with these ornaments? I accidentally threw out my compatable string a few years ago and have tried to replace it the past few Christmases with no success. The light strings I've been buying have plug holes that are too small. I wasn't going to try it this year, but I do miss hearing that talking shuttlecraft...
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 6:31 pm

Man, shows you how long it's been since I put up any Christmas decorations. I had no idea modern light strips were incompatible with older ornaments. Might explain why my family started seeing "repeat" designs that lead to a discontinuation of the tradition that I'd get the new Star Trek ornaments every year.
Back to top Go down
The 2nd Doctor Roberts
The 2nd Doctor Roberts

Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-07-21

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 5:48 am

I've done some checking, and Hallmark does make light string adapters for its older ornaments...so next Christmas I'll be all set. (They're currently out of stock for some reason. santa ) The Guardian of Forever will have to await that question one more year.

Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

Number of posts : 1274
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 5:15 pm

Ordered book 3 of Cold Equations. Almost done reading book 1. I took a break for some SW books, but now I am back into it. There is a passage where a character quantifies the destruction from the Destiny Borg invasion. 63 billion dead, over 100 billion refugees, 40% of Starfleet's ships destroyed. Staggering. The final count for the Dominion War was around 40 million dead, not including the massacre on Cardassia.
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 7:18 pm

The Diamond Select Gorn figure I have is starting to go bad. The lower bit of his tunic, the gummy plastic part, it's decaying......it has gotten softer and it's tearing and starting to actually become only semi solid now, as if it's melting. Shocked
Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 7:29 pm

You should get the re-release 2 pack with battle damaged Kirk. It's great, and it goes for about 30 bucks on ebay.
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 9:27 pm

mattmanw54301 wrote:
You should get the re-release 2 pack with battle damaged Kirk. It's great, and it goes for about 30 bucks on ebay.
But will his loin cloth decay as well?
Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 9:36 pm

I got mine about a year ago, and there is so far no decay. I don't know when the original release came out. It might be the material, but my Chekov from series 1 is not decaying on his rubber shirt. All my other TOS crew is from the 2-pack repaints that came out, so those are only 2 years old.
Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 9:54 pm

January is going to be a busy month. According to DST, the Enterprise B, E repaint, and Klingon BoP are on the boat as of 12/12/12, and all will be released by the end of January. Also, it appears that there will be TWO Enterprise E repaints, one from FC, and one from Nemesis. Think I will only get the Nemesis one.

General Star Trek thread - Page 4 Img0410
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 6:11 am

mattmanw54301 wrote:
January is going to be a busy month. According to DST, the Enterprise B, E repaint, and Klingon BoP are on the boat as of 12/12/12, and all will be released by the end of January. Also, it appears that there will be TWO Enterprise E repaints, one from FC, and one from Nemesis. Think I will only get the Nemesis one.

After 2 plus years, I'll believe it when I see it, but if true... it's about time. I want my Nemesis E... and if the Excelsior wants to tag along, even better.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 2:17 pm

I'd like a 1st Contact version, looks the best to me. Of course I am a fan of the Enterprise B.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 7:36 pm

Here comes Enterprise season 1 on blu: March 26

MSRP USD: $130... so it will be comparable in price to the TNG blu seasons

Cover Art:

Spoiler:

Disc breakdown:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 8:03 pm

I watched Wrath of Khan yesterday, still a friggin' classic!
Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2012-05-06

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 8:06 pm

Cruel Angel wrote:
Here comes Enterprise season 1 on blu: March 26

MSRP USD: $130... so it will be comparable in price to the TNG blu seasons

Cover Art:

Spoiler:

Disc breakdown:

Spoiler:

Cool...not crazy about the cover art, but that wouldn't prevent me from buying it.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 8:12 pm

guvnagrover wrote:

Cool...not crazy about the cover art, but that wouldn't prevent me from buying it.

The cover art was surprising. They put 3 different versions up for fan vote, and ended up using none of them.

Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 8:17 pm

I wonder if they photoshopped their heads onto the space suit bodies. I was hoping DS9 would be next on Blu, but perhaps Enterprise didn't need as much restoration? If DS9 will go through the same cleaning up process as TNG, then I am happy to wait.

The Klingon BoP is officially released now. BBTS has it in stock as of last wednesday. In the next month, the Enterprise B and D will be released. The D is mostly a re-release, with corrected neck windows and a ridiculously large block of copyright info on the underside of the saucer. It's blocked if the ship is connected, but if you display it separated, it's really ugly.

Looks like the B will be here on 1/16. And the E will be around in the next 3 weeks. Bad times for my wallet.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 8:25 pm

They did Enterprise since it was already in HD. We are gonna have to hope the TNG sales stay up there to get a crack at DS9, since it will need the same work done.

I'll be very happy if the E finally hits. Will probably put in an order for the B too.

On another site I was on, someone posted a 'fav ships thread'. My choices were the Sovereign class, Excelsior class and D'deridex class. Be nice to have 2 out of 3 Smile
Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 8:28 pm

Cruel Angel wrote:
guvnagrover wrote:

The cover art was surprising. They put 3 different versions up for fan vote, and ended up using none of them.

I read this over at The Digital Bits:

"Here’s a look at the final design of the cover artwork chosen by CBS…"

Guess CBS didn't like the art that the fans voted for...still, couldn't have been as blah as the one they are going with.

Gonna see if I can find the 3 versions that were up for voting.
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 8:28 pm

I'm sorry. Enterprise - even on Blu-Ray - isn't worth $130.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 8:30 pm

guvnagrover wrote:

Here they are:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Star-Trek-Enterprise-Seasons-1-and-2/17727

Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 8:30 pm

Cruel Angel wrote:
guvnagrover wrote:

Here they are:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Star-Trek-Enterprise-Seasons-1-and-2/17727

Awesome, thanks!

Just read this - now I'm confused...so fans did influence the chosen cover?

http://www.startrek.com/article/enterprise-trekking-to-blu-ray-fans-helped-pick-covers
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 8:33 pm

Looks like they just decided that there was not an overwhelming favorite, so went with something on their own.

I voted for the third choice myself, since I love the mission patch Smile If I remember right, that was the one that got the least amount of votes.

Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 8:41 pm

Cruel Angel wrote:
Looks like they just decided that there was not an overwhelming favorite, so went with something on their own.

I voted for the third choice myself, since I love the mission patch Smile If I remember right, that was the one that got the least amount of votes.

Too bad, the mission patch cover is pretty cool. Wonder what they will go with regarding season 2...same cover except with everyone in their uniforms and maybe a different color background? Razz
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 9:02 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lvG0jm0B5Y TNG test footage
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 5:39 pm

McDonalds Happy Meals Week 1:

General Star Trek thread - Page 4 Trek_h11
Back to top Go down

General Star Trek thread
Page 4 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next