AuthorMessage
Just Scott
Just Scott

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2012-01-11

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 7:14 am

Tick Tock.......Not long now!!

Love this show & cannot wait 'til it gets back on our screens!!
Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2012-05-06

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 8:14 am

Yep, should be an interesting season!
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 11:51 am

I can. I was a big fan of the first season, and part one of season 2, but in my opinion the quality of the show stopped when they got rid of Frank Darabont. His episodes were like mini-movies. They had quality to them. Part 2 of Season 2 seemed more 'TV' to me (and yes, I know it's on TV). I hope it gets better, but it reminds me of NBC's Heroes, which started out strong for 2 seasons, and went downhill from there.
Back to top Go down
Just Scott
Just Scott

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2012-01-11

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 7:26 am

Shocked Shocked Shocked W!.....T!......F!....... Shocked Shocked Shocked

Guess they aint goin "by the book" where this story is concerned??
Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2012-05-06

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 7:43 pm

Just Scott wrote:
Shocked Shocked Shocked W!.....T!......F!....... Shocked Shocked Shocked

Guess they aint goin "by the book" where this story is concerned??

I guess not, but I haven't read any of the graphic novels. Man...that was definitely a crazy episode yesterday...
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 7:46 pm

bret_owen99 wrote:
I can. I was a big fan of the first season, and part one of season 2, but in my opinion the quality of the show stopped when they got rid of Frank Darabont.

For myself, I lost interest during Season 2 when they had the characters revert to cliche Zombie Survivor mode, with otherwise intelligent individuals acting idiotic as the situation merits to facilitate drama and stimulate the story.

The minute people started acting like idiots ("Where's Carl...?") is the minute I turned it off. If I want to watch walking stereotypes, I'll put in a Romero flick.

While I get the show is based off a comic book, the series had so much more potential if they hadn't had Rick find his wife and son and let them be the driving force of the story - his search for them meaning he can't settle down behind encampments and stall out the narrative.
Back to top Go down
Gallifreys Loss
Gallifreys Loss

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2012-07-23

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 10:38 am

Sunday's episode was intense. I was on the fence as to whether I would continue watching, but I really like where I think they might be going with the show now and I'm gonna keep on watching to find out. I'm probably way off though.

I didn't care for the "token black guy" switcharoo. That was a bit ridiculous and the writers should be ashamed of themselves.
Back to top Go down

The Walking Dead
Page 1 of 1