Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

S7E6: The Snowmen *2012 Christmas Special* (SPOILERS)

Go down 
+28
rmlextreme
D84
SeaDevil
Wes Crayon
Brain of Davros
KIRKESS
Rocco
timewarrior
guvnagrover
Just Scott
jonwes
Meow
masterkhan
Gallifreys Loss
Ronpur
hitman hart
mysterylad
stetsons_are_cool7
Calixar
Jackknight
CrochetOwl
Rust
jaredofmo
Invisible Supreme
Evil Monkey Pope
Chuzzlewit
Cruel Angel
Scary
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Rate S7E6: The Snowmen
FANTASTIC!
S7E6: The Snowmen *2012 Christmas Special* (SPOILERS) - Page 2 Vote_lcap25%S7E6: The Snowmen *2012 Christmas Special* (SPOILERS) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 25% [ 8 ]
Good
S7E6: The Snowmen *2012 Christmas Special* (SPOILERS) - Page 2 Vote_lcap47%S7E6: The Snowmen *2012 Christmas Special* (SPOILERS) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 47% [ 15 ]
Okay...
S7E6: The Snowmen *2012 Christmas Special* (SPOILERS) - Page 2 Vote_lcap25%S7E6: The Snowmen *2012 Christmas Special* (SPOILERS) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 25% [ 8 ]
Bad
S7E6: The Snowmen *2012 Christmas Special* (SPOILERS) - Page 2 Vote_lcap3%S7E6: The Snowmen *2012 Christmas Special* (SPOILERS) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
AWFUL!
S7E6: The Snowmen *2012 Christmas Special* (SPOILERS) - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%S7E6: The Snowmen *2012 Christmas Special* (SPOILERS) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 32

AuthorMessage
mysterylad
mysterylad

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2009-02-21

S7E6: The Snowmen *2012 Christmas Special* (SPOILERS) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: S7E6: The Snowmen *2012 Christmas Special* (SPOILERS)   S7E6: The Snowmen *2012 Christmas Special* (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 1:15 pm

Blending in is something the Doctor did pretty regularly in the earliest days of the show; the modern show has borrowed quite a few ideas from the early years these past few seasons.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cmichaelhall.com
stetsons_are_cool7
stetsons_are_cool7

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2012-02-20

PostSubject: Re: S7E6: The Snowmen *2012 Christmas Special* (SPOILERS)   S7E6: The Snowmen *2012 Christmas Special* (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 8:51 pm

Jackknight wrote:

Toy sales.

Touché.
Back to top Go down
http://creativecritic.blogspot.com/
hitman hart
hitman hart

Number of posts : 1150
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: S7E6: The Snowmen *2012 Christmas Special* (SPOILERS)   S7E6: The Snowmen *2012 Christmas Special* (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 8:08 pm

can't wait looks very cool!!
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: S7E6: The Snowmen *2012 Christmas Special* (SPOILERS)   S7E6: The Snowmen *2012 Christmas Special* (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 1:57 pm

Bit of filming can be seen here. Nothing interesting. Just the Doc walking around, Oswin following him, and a ladder...

Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: S7E6: The Snowmen *2012 Christmas Special* (SPOILERS)   S7E6: The Snowmen *2012 Christmas Special* (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 10:43 am

So the trailer and prequel are both out, courtesy of last night's 'Children In Need'.

Looks like the Doctor is going all depressed again. Mehhhhh, bored of it. I really hope he isn't gonna be crying over the Ponds for the next two years like he did with Rose. It's kind of like the whole 'Time Lord victorious' thing again. "WAAAAAAAA, EVERYONE DIES IN MY LIFE, I GIVE UP! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

Boring.

And 'the Snowmen' - I mean, really? I facepalmed when I saw that. Yet another classic Christmas tale that already exists with another boring twist, clearly demonstrating Moffat's lack of ability to actually come up with something original. Can't say I'm all that excited for the story really, I'm only interested in seeing Vastra and Strax again.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: S7E6: The Snowmen *2012 Christmas Special* (SPOILERS)   S7E6: The Snowmen *2012 Christmas Special* (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 11:03 am

I too, am dubious about the Snowmen. But, I will wait to see them. Love Vastra, Jenny and Strax back. And I assume this takes place before AGMGTW, since Strax died then, lol.

Last edited by Ronpur on Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: S7E6: The Snowmen *2012 Christmas Special* (SPOILERS)   S7E6: The Snowmen *2012 Christmas Special* (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 11:26 am

Scary wrote:
Can't say I'm all that excited for the story really, I'm only interested in seeing Vastra and Strax again.

Vastra, Jenny and Strax are the only reason I will be watching this one. I gave up on the Christmas special stories a while back. Last one I actually liked was Runaway Bride.

Back to top Go down
Gallifreys Loss
Gallifreys Loss

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2012-07-23

PostSubject: Re: S7E6: The Snowmen *2012 Christmas Special* (SPOILERS)   S7E6: The Snowmen *2012 Christmas Special* (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 1:01 pm

Scary wrote:
So the trailer and prequel are both out, courtesy of last night's 'Children In Need'.

Looks like the Doctor is going all depressed again. Mehhhhh, bored of it. I really hope he isn't gonna be crying over the Ponds for the next two years like he did with Rose. It's kind of like the whole 'Time Lord victorious' thing again. "WAAAAAAAA, EVERYONE DIES IN MY LIFE, I GIVE UP! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

Boring.

And 'the Snowmen' - I mean, really? I facepalmed when I saw that. Yet another classic Christmas tale that already exists with another boring twist, clearly demonstrating Moffat's lack of ability to actually come up with something original. Can't say I'm all that excited for the story really, I'm only interested in seeing Vastra and Strax again.

I'm completely done with this Emo Doctor business. I want the Doctor to grow a spine again and I want a companion who doesn't become the entire focus of the series. I'm really excited to have Vastra, Jenny and Strax return, but I've got this theory that you can predict what will be seen in Doctor Who based on the "ships" and more popular posts on Tumblr. Vastra and Jenny were a big one so I figured Moffat would pander to that.

Last year everyone on Tumblr wanted the Doctor to battle dinosaurs and we got dinosaurs. Then there was also a lot of Harry Potter/Doctor Who shipping so we got a couple Harry Potter actors in Doctor Who. A female Doctor is huge on Tumblr so I'm convinced the next Doctor will be female.
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 2205
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: S7E6: The Snowmen *2012 Christmas Special* (SPOILERS)   S7E6: The Snowmen *2012 Christmas Special* (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 10:30 pm

I like the killer snowmen because they remind me of the ones from Calvin & Hobbes.
Back to top Go down
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: S7E6: The Snowmen *2012 Christmas Special* (SPOILERS)   S7E6: The Snowmen *2012 Christmas Special* (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 11:51 pm

Evil Monkey Pope wrote:
I like the killer snowmen because they remind me of the ones from Calvin & Hobbes.

YES!!!!
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: S7E6: The Snowmen *2012 Christmas Special* (SPOILERS)   S7E6: The Snowmen *2012 Christmas Special* (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 12:48 am

Gallifreys Loss wrote:
A female Doctor is huge on Tumblr so I'm convinced the next Doctor will be female.

You say that as thought it would be the worst thing in the world to happen. I don't care what set of reproductive organs a person is sporting, if they can play the character of the Doctor then that's all that matters.

Kate Mulgrew for Doctor #12!
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

PostSubject: Re: S7E6: The Snowmen *2012 Christmas Special* (SPOILERS)   S7E6: The Snowmen *2012 Christmas Special* (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 3:01 am

I'm not necessarily opposed to a female Doctor, but Kate Mulgrew wouldn't be on my list of potential actresses.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: S7E6: The Snowmen *2012 Christmas Special* (SPOILERS)   S7E6: The Snowmen *2012 Christmas Special* (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 9:00 am

Gallifreys Loss wrote:

I'm completely done with this Emo Doctor business. I want the Doctor to grow a spine again and I want a companion who doesn't become the entire focus of the series. I'm really excited to have Vastra, Jenny and Strax return, but I've got this theory that you can predict what will be seen in Doctor Who based on the "ships" and more popular posts on Tumblr. Vastra and Jenny were a big one so I figured Moffat would pander to that.

Last year everyone on Tumblr wanted the Doctor to battle dinosaurs and we got dinosaurs. Then there was also a lot of Harry Potter/Doctor Who shipping so we got a couple Harry Potter actors in Doctor Who. A female Doctor is huge on Tumblr so I'm convinced the next Doctor will be female.

I must be following different Doctor Who Tumblrs, because I have never seen any of those. No dinosaurs or female Doctor. I must be missing something, in fact, I have never heard of "ships" on Tumblr. What you see depends on who you follow and what tags you search, I suppose.
Back to top Go down
Gallifreys Loss
Gallifreys Loss

PostSubject: Re: S7E6: The Snowmen *2012 Christmas Special* (SPOILERS)   S7E6: The Snowmen *2012 Christmas Special* (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 9:54 am

Rust wrote:
Gallifreys Loss wrote:
A female Doctor is huge on Tumblr so I'm convinced the next Doctor will be female.

You say that as thought it would be the worst thing in the world to happen. I don't care what set of reproductive organs a person is sporting, if they can play the character of the Doctor then that's all that matters.

Kate Mulgrew for Doctor #12!

Oh no, I'm not opposed to a female Doctor at all. I haven't a clue who I would want to fill the shoes, but I think it would be incredibly interesting to have a female Doctor. Tilda Swinton, maybe?

I just take issue with what seems to be Moffat pandering for ratings.

Last edited by Gallifreys Loss on Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gallifreys Loss
Gallifreys Loss

PostSubject: Re: S7E6: The Snowmen *2012 Christmas Special* (SPOILERS)   S7E6: The Snowmen *2012 Christmas Special* (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 10:02 am

Ronpur wrote:
Gallifreys Loss wrote:

I must be following different Doctor Who Tumblrs, because I have never seen any of those. No dinosaurs or female Doctor. I must be missing something, in fact, I have never heard of "ships" on Tumblr. What you see depends on who you follow and what tags you search, I suppose.

Most of what I see is the result of reblogs by the Doctor Who Tumblr. A "ship", from what I understand, is when you take a character(s) from one series/franchise and link them romantically or via stories and ideas to other character(s) from that same series/franchise or another franchise. It's like a mashup of characters from two different series.

For example, there's a Doctor and Sherlock Holmes ship called "Wholock". There are tons of Potter and Who or Potter and Sherlock ships. There are Warehouse 13 ships in which HG and Myka are in a romantic relationship, etc.

The dinosaurs bit was the result of a poll done one of the specials. Tumblr exploded with posts about it afterward and then we got dinosaurs. After AGMGTW, Tumblr exploded with ships about Madame Vastra and Jenny being in a romantic relationship and younger fans wanting a "The Adventures of..." spinoff. Now those characters are brought back.

I just can't help thinking Moffat goes to Tumblr for his writing ideas.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: S7E6: The Snowmen *2012 Christmas Special* (SPOILERS)   S7E6: The Snowmen *2012 Christmas Special* (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 11:14 am

It would make no logical sense for the Doctor to turn from male to female. That's like River Song regenerating into a man... It just wouldn't work, it doesn't make sense.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: S7E6: The Snowmen *2012 Christmas Special* (SPOILERS)   S7E6: The Snowmen *2012 Christmas Special* (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 11:36 am

Well, in "The Doctor's Wife," it's suggested that a Time Lord can change gender in regeneration, but Moff said it best when he explained that it'd be difficult to sell that the Doctor is the same man when he is now, in fact, a woman.
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

PostSubject: Re: S7E6: The Snowmen *2012 Christmas Special* (SPOILERS)   S7E6: The Snowmen *2012 Christmas Special* (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 4:53 pm

We know so little about Gallifreyan physiology that it wouldn't be inconceivable for The Doctor to regenerate into a hermaphroditic kangaroo.
Back to top Go down
Gallifreys Loss
Gallifreys Loss

PostSubject: Re: S7E6: The Snowmen *2012 Christmas Special* (SPOILERS)   S7E6: The Snowmen *2012 Christmas Special* (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 6:10 pm

Evil Monkey Pope wrote:
We know so little about Gallifreyan physiology that it wouldn't be inconceivable for The Doctor to regenerate into a hermaphroditic kangaroo.

Don't give Moffat any ideas!!! affraid Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: S7E6: The Snowmen *2012 Christmas Special* (SPOILERS)   S7E6: The Snowmen *2012 Christmas Special* (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 8:49 pm

If it hadn't been for JNT and his remark about a woman as the Doctor, we would never have had the concept put into the media!
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: S7E6: The Snowmen *2012 Christmas Special* (SPOILERS)   S7E6: The Snowmen *2012 Christmas Special* (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 8:53 pm

Gallifreys Loss wrote:
Ronpur wrote:
Gallifreys Loss wrote:

Most of what I see is the result of reblogs by the Doctor Who Tumblr. A "ship", from what I understand, is when you take a character(s) from one series/franchise and link them romantically or via stories and ideas to other character(s) from that same series/franchise or another franchise. It's like a mashup of characters from two different series.

For example, there's a Doctor and Sherlock Holmes ship called "Wholock". There are tons of Potter and Who or Potter and Sherlock ships. There are Warehouse 13 ships in which HG and Myka are in a romantic relationship, etc.

The dinosaurs bit was the result of a poll done one of the specials. Tumblr exploded with posts about it afterward and then we got dinosaurs. After AGMGTW, Tumblr exploded with ships about Madame Vastra and Jenny being in a romantic relationship and younger fans wanting a "The Adventures of..." spinoff. Now those characters are brought back.

I just can't help thinking Moffat goes to Tumblr for his writing ideas.

Ah,just found the Doctor Who Tumblr. Ships sound like a lot of fan fiction that I stay away from, lol. Only fan fiction I have ever enjoyed comes from our own members here. Thanks. I have been "tumbling" for about 2 years and made a new blog "Timelords, Hobbits and Me"!! I call it facebook for us nerds!
Back to top Go down
stetsons_are_cool7
stetsons_are_cool7

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2012-02-20

PostSubject: Re: S7E6: The Snowmen *2012 Christmas Special* (SPOILERS)   S7E6: The Snowmen *2012 Christmas Special* (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 11:00 pm

Anyone know what's going on in this picture?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-H4CpgNhQfZQ/UL5QjE0mPRI/AAAAAAAAXRc/hNziwDgP71Q/s1600/3111232-high-doctor-who-christmas-special-2012.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://creativecritic.blogspot.com/
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: S7E6: The Snowmen *2012 Christmas Special* (SPOILERS)   S7E6: The Snowmen *2012 Christmas Special* (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 11:38 pm

She's tossing him an umbrella-ella-ella-ay-ay-ay...
Back to top Go down
masterkhan
masterkhan

Number of posts : 631
Registration date : 2011-10-14

PostSubject: Re: S7E6: The Snowmen *2012 Christmas Special* (SPOILERS)   S7E6: The Snowmen *2012 Christmas Special* (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 2:01 pm

S7E6: The Snowmen *2012 Christmas Special* (SPOILERS) - Page 2 S19u

Back to top Go down
Meow
Meow

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2012-04-25

PostSubject: Re: S7E6: The Snowmen *2012 Christmas Special* (SPOILERS)   S7E6: The Snowmen *2012 Christmas Special* (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 8:42 am

Don't really know what to think. Could be good. Could be awful. Depends really.
Back to top Go down

S7E6: The Snowmen *2012 Christmas Special* (SPOILERS)
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next