AuthorMessage
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

Number of posts : 1274
Registration date : 2007-09-09

CROOOOOM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CROOOOOM   CROOOOOM - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 1:31 am

The Castellan wrote:

I can only imagine what monstrocities Playmates have planned for the next Jar Jar Abrams Crap Trek next year. Suspect

Hasbro now has the license for JJ Trek 2. Apparently they are making Kre-o Lego ripoff sets, and perhaps 3.75" figures, GI Joe style.
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

CROOOOOM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CROOOOOM   CROOOOOM - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 1:57 am

mattmanw54301 wrote:
The Castellan wrote:

I can only imagine what monstrocities Playmates have planned for the next Jar Jar Abrams Crap Trek next year. Suspect

Hasbro now has the license for JJ Trek 2. Apparently they are making Kre-o Lego ripoff sets, and perhaps 3.75" figures, GI Joe style.

So in other words, more crap with maybe better articulation.
Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

CROOOOOM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CROOOOOM   CROOOOOM - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 2:02 am

And hopefully some vehicles. And lots of accessories.
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

CROOOOOM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CROOOOOM   CROOOOOM - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 3:41 am

mattmanw54301 wrote:
And hopefully some vehicles. And lots of accessories.

Some crud to go with the crap, yes?

And who wants to bet the accessories will be totally unpainted, and either be molded in black or some bright color that washes out the details?
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

CROOOOOM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CROOOOOM   CROOOOOM - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 12:40 am

mattmanw54301 wrote:
I love all the Treks. But that is a funny pic nonetheless.

I loved this little video done by the Sta Trek Phase 2 folks. afro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbMVLtFGiy4

Phase 2's doing pretty good and the trailer for the newest episodes look cool, they even gave the enterprise the phase 2 look.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JzExIBdSgY
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

CROOOOOM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CROOOOOM   CROOOOOM - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 7:15 am

The Castellan wrote:
mattmanw54301 wrote:
I love all the Treks. But that is a funny pic nonetheless.

I loved this little video done by the Sta Trek Phase 2 folks. afro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbMVLtFGiy4

Phase 2's doing pretty good and the trailer for the newest episodes look cool, they even gave the enterprise the phase 2 look.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JzExIBdSgY

Love the look of that ship!! Looks real fast and classic. And Lt. Arex!!!
Back to top Go down
masterkhan
masterkhan

Number of posts : 631
Registration date : 2011-10-14

CROOOOOM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CROOOOOM   CROOOOOM - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 12:14 pm

This is how the look should've been for the last movie. Still, even though the effects look awesome i would much prefer real model effects. It's something that shows more realism to me and i know it's takes more time and money but it's more memorable for the scene.
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

CROOOOOM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CROOOOOM   CROOOOOM - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 4:27 pm

masterkhan wrote:
This is how the look should've been for the last movie. Still, even though the effects look awesome i would much prefer real model effects. It's something that shows more realism to me and i know it's takes more time and money but it's more memorable for the scene.

Well, when ya have someone making a Trek film who said he never liked Trek, and was into Star Wars and only pretty much making another summer popcorn action flick, that's what happens. I mean, this is the same guy who made "Lost" for goodness sake. Rolling Eyes That's pretty much Giligan's Island on crack with bad actors.

The Phase 2 folks are Trek fans to the core, and, in fact, Mr Cowley, who played Kirk up until recently, on Phase 2, I believe owned the bridge set, and Paramount was so impressed, they actually borrowed it to make "In a Mirror Darkly" parts 1 and 2. Plus so many past Trek actors have appeared on Phase 2, it good stuff. It also shows you don't need to reboot something to keep it going.
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

CROOOOOM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CROOOOOM   CROOOOOM - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 5:51 pm

The Castellan wrote:
It also shows you don't need to reboot something to keep it going.

For fans, this is true.

But after the absolute disaster that was Nemesis, be grateful Abram's film saved Star Trek in the consciousness of the mainstream public. Were it not for that movie, things like Phase 2 would be all Trek fans would ever have again.
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

CROOOOOM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CROOOOOM   CROOOOOM - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 6:10 pm

Rust wrote:
The Castellan wrote:

For fans, this is true.

But after the absolute disaster that was Nemesis, be grateful Abram's film saved Star Trek in the consciousness of the mainstream public. Were it not for that movie, things like Phase 2 would be all Trek fans would ever have again.

I'd rather just have Phase 2, least it did not have to sell out and become a cookie cutter action film, and stick to what made Trek great. If something needs to be totally remade from scratch, and dumbed down and become a complete mutation, just to make it 'hip 'n kewl' for the mainstream, let it croak, I say, and I'm not the only one who says this. It's like ordering a meal consisting of grilled salmon, spinich and asparagus tips, and wild rice and getting a big mac, fries and diet coke, and the waiter says it's what I ordered.

Plus the mainstream consciousness consists of Jersey Shore, American Idol, and TMZ.....which is what Hollywood caters to 100% these days. This is also why I have not even bothered getting a digital TV or converter box when TV went digital in 2009, since I came to the conclusion that 95% of what's on TV is CRAP, and I pretty much use only my DVD players and VCR's these days to watch anything.

If I want a sci-fi film with nothing but stuff blowing up every 30 seconds, I'll go watch one of those B films that were pumped out a dollar a dozen 30 years ago.
Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

CROOOOOM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CROOOOOM   CROOOOOM - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 4:39 pm

Got this shirt the other day. It's pretty sweet. It has a 'pre-worn' finish to the graphic. Meaning that portions of the graphic have tiny holes, making it seem faded, even though it is brand new.
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

CROOOOOM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CROOOOOM   CROOOOOM - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 5:14 pm

mattmanw54301 wrote:
Got this shirt the other day. It's pretty sweet. It has a 'pre-worn' finish to the graphic. Meaning that portions of the graphic have tiny holes, making it seem faded, even though it is brand new.

I'd have prefered it to be brand new myself.
Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

CROOOOOM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CROOOOOM   CROOOOOM - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 5:41 pm

Me too, but 'pre-worn' is the trend now. You can even see it in the pic on page 1. Looks like about 5 years old.
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

CROOOOOM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CROOOOOM   CROOOOOM - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 6:08 pm

mattmanw54301 wrote:
Me too, but 'pre-worn' is the trend now. You can even see it in the pic on page 1. Looks like about 5 years old.

Well, I was never big on trends, I prefer, when buying something 'new', to 'be new', if you know what I am saying. Otherwise, I go to my Salvation Army shop(s). afro
Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

CROOOOOM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CROOOOOM   CROOOOOM - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 6:09 pm

The Castellan wrote:
mattmanw54301 wrote:

Well, I was never big on trends, I prefer, when buying something 'new', to 'be new', if you know what I am saying. Otherwise, I go to my Salvation Army shop(s). afro

I agree 100%. I like my new clothes to look new.
Back to top Go down
The 2nd Doctor Roberts
The 2nd Doctor Roberts

Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-07-21

CROOOOOM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CROOOOOM   CROOOOOM - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 12:06 am

Rust wrote:
The Castellan wrote:

For fans, this is true.

I don't think "Star Trek" as an ongoing concern is currently in the consciousness of the mainstream public. That last movie seemed to make its money, then disappear. I don't think "Star Trek" will be an active part of mainstream culture again until it comes back as a well-produced TV series featuring new characters.
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

CROOOOOM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CROOOOOM   CROOOOOM - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 12:39 am

The 2nd Doctor Roberts wrote:
Rust wrote:
The Castellan wrote:

For fans, this is true.

I don't think "Star Trek" as an ongoing concern is currently in the consciousness of the mainstream public. That last movie seemed to make its money, then disappear. I don't think "Star Trek" will be an active part of mainstream culture again until it comes back as a well-produced TV series featuring new characters.

And good writers and directors......but we're stuck in a time where explosions, swear words, bad actors whispering their lines, and double D's flopping is what is needed these days. And some people angerly ask me why I talk smack about mainsteam society these days?
Back to top Go down

CROOOOOM
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Life, the Universe and Everything :: Sci Fi Discussion-
Jump to: