guvnagrover
7 posters
AuthorMessage
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2012-05-06

Star Trek - The Original Series Soundtrack Collection Empty
PostSubject: Star Trek - The Original Series Soundtrack Collection   Star Trek - The Original Series Soundtrack Collection EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 9:10 pm

I'm still trying to pick up my jaw that has hit the floor after reading this...

La-La Land Records proudly announces its forthcoming release of STAR TREK: THE ORIGINAL SERIES SOUNDTRACK COLLECTION, a limited edition 15-CD box set, showcasing all episode scores as heard in all three original seasons of the landmark sci-fi television series STAR TREK (1966-1969). This special collection of ground-breaking, iconic music, from one of television’s most acclaimed and beloved series, has been newly remastered from studio elements and features hours of stellar material previously unreleased in any format.

Original series composers Alexander Courage, George Duning, Jerry Fielding, Gerald Fried, Sol Kaplan, Samuel Matlovsky, Joseph Mullendore and Fred Steiner are all represented in this deluxe collection, their historic work meticulously assembled, restored and remastered to ensure the finest presentation and sound quality possible. A 100-Page CD Booklet, featuring exclusive, in-depth liner notes from film music writer and Star Trek historian Jeff Bond, complements this attractive set, which is housed in a hardcover slipcase.

The collection is expected to be released in late fall 2012. It will be a limited pressing, but the total number of units to be manufactured has yet to be determined. You can help the label decide how many units will ultimately be pressed by visiting www.lalalandrecords.com now and signing up for the STAR TREK: THE ORIGINAL SERIES SOUNDTRACK COLLECTION MAILING LIST.
STAR TREK: THE ORIGINAL SERIES SOUNDTRACK COLLECTION is licensed by CBS Consumer Products and produced in cooperation with GNP Crescendo Records, the longtime home of pioneering classic Star Trek television and film soundtracks. GNP Crescendo’s Neil Norman has allowed for episode scores previously and exclusively released by Crescendo to be newly expanded and remastered for this box set, in order to make the collection as comprehensive as possible.

This release marks the kind of authoritative collection of original Trek series music that fans have desired for decades. “For 45 years, those like me who love this music could only dream about having it all,” remarks album producer Lukas Kendall. “This is themajor, historical piece of sci-fi music, television music and pop culture music that we have always wanted to release in a definitive form for the collector.”

“A majority of the music featured in this set has never been released,” adds Executive Album Producer and La-La Land Records President MV Gerhard. “Of that unreleased music, there is a fairly large percentage that no one has ever heard because it was written and recorded for the show, but never featured in the episodes.” Regarding some of these previously unreleased tracks, Album Music Editor Neil S. Bulk comments, “No original music from season three, apart from the main title, has ever been released. It’s really distinct and definitely Star Trek… It’s what people have always wanted.”

“The original show was very theatrical,” says Trek historian and liner notes writer Jeff Bond. “So the music reflected that. It was huge and very expressive and thematic. And that makes it very exciting to listen to apart from the show.”

The original Trek series scores team with action, adventure and drama, but they are also infused with deep emotion and the greatness of the human spirit. Such characteristics have kept these richly orchestrated tracks vital and relevant decades beyond their original recording. “Trek was always about the human condition,” remarks Co-Executive Album Producer and La-La Land Records VP, Matt Verboys. “And the scores have that in it and I think that’s what has made both the show and its music timeless.”
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7000
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek - The Original Series Soundtrack Collection   Star Trek - The Original Series Soundtrack Collection EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 9:26 pm

Oh...my...GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek - The Original Series Soundtrack Collection   Star Trek - The Original Series Soundtrack Collection EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 10:06 pm

SeaDevil wrote:
Oh...my...GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know right?

Saving $...starting...NOW!!!
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek - The Original Series Soundtrack Collection   Star Trek - The Original Series Soundtrack Collection EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 10:09 pm

I do hope its not ungodly expensive. I signed up for the email.

Now I wait...
Back to top Go down
The 2nd Doctor Roberts
The 2nd Doctor Roberts

Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek - The Original Series Soundtrack Collection   Star Trek - The Original Series Soundtrack Collection EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 10:15 pm

I've signed up. If ID numbers are any indication, they've got over 400 so far.

Would it go for around $250, do you think? Or am I lowballing it?
Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek - The Original Series Soundtrack Collection   Star Trek - The Original Series Soundtrack Collection EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 10:17 pm

SeaDevil wrote:
I do hope its not ungodly expensive. I signed up for the email.

Now I wait...

From what I read on another forum, the person who wrote the 100 page booklet stated it's going to be around $200; I believe that is roughly $13 bucks and some change per disc (15 total).

I've got the ST: TNG Ron Jones soundtrack box set - I paid $189 (or was it $169, I don't recall - it was more due to it being autographed) for that set.

This is going to be epic...that's why I'm saving up $ now Very Happy

It will be mine...oh yes...it will be mine...
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek - The Original Series Soundtrack Collection   Star Trek - The Original Series Soundtrack Collection EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 10:17 pm

Wow!! Very impressive!
Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek - The Original Series Soundtrack Collection   Star Trek - The Original Series Soundtrack Collection EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 10:20 pm

The 2nd Doctor Roberts wrote:
I've signed up. If ID numbers are any indication, they've got over 400 so far.

Would it go for around $250, do you think? Or am I lowballing it?

Jeff Bond, who wrote the 100 page booklet, said this on the FSM board:

"The price will be around $200. Maybe slightly above but I don't think anywhere near $300.

And yes, this is every note of music heard in the series--plus music recorded for the show and never used, so not only is nothing missing, but there's stuff no fan has ever heard before--rather a lot actually."

Can't wait!!

Hmm...when I signed up my id was 185 and that was a little over an hour ago...not bad that it's over 400 so far...
Back to top Go down
The 2nd Doctor Roberts
The 2nd Doctor Roberts

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek - The Original Series Soundtrack Collection   Star Trek - The Original Series Soundtrack Collection EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 10:51 pm

Around $200 would be great! They do seem to be quite reasonable with their pricing on the limited editions. $35 for the ST:TMP set wasn't bad.
Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek - The Original Series Soundtrack Collection   Star Trek - The Original Series Soundtrack Collection EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 2:04 pm

Update from the label:

The cost will be $200.00 to $225.00...the final price to be determined in the coming months.

We are aiming for a late November release date

This will be a limited edition, but we do not know yet how many we will be pressing up. You guys will determine that in the coming months, but judging from the initial response I am guessing at least 3000 to 5000 units.

Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

Number of posts : 1274
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek - The Original Series Soundtrack Collection   Star Trek - The Original Series Soundtrack Collection EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 12:15 am

Wow, I wish I could afford this set. Beautiful!!! I'd probably just play the 'fight music' from Amok Time over and over though.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek - The Original Series Soundtrack Collection   Star Trek - The Original Series Soundtrack Collection EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 9:07 am

mattmanw54301 wrote:
Wow, I wish I could afford this set. Beautiful!!! I'd probably just play the 'fight music' from Amok Time over and over though.

This!!

And Doomsday Machine too.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek - The Original Series Soundtrack Collection   Star Trek - The Original Series Soundtrack Collection EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 9:23 am

if I had the money I would get it but dont, maybe someone will let me listen to theirs! LOL
Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

Number of posts : 1274
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek - The Original Series Soundtrack Collection   Star Trek - The Original Series Soundtrack Collection EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 4:27 am

mattmanw54301 wrote:

Especially during sexy times!!!! What a Face lol!
Back to top Go down
The 2nd Doctor Roberts
The 2nd Doctor Roberts

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek - The Original Series Soundtrack Collection   Star Trek - The Original Series Soundtrack Collection EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 5:13 am

A reminder for those interested...the set is to be released through the La-La-Land website December 4th. (Although it will be available at a release party in Hollywood the night before...presumably all 6000 sets won't sell out there. Right? pale ) The price they finally settled on was $225.
Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek - The Original Series Soundtrack Collection   Star Trek - The Original Series Soundtrack Collection EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 8:01 pm

Wish I could attend this...

http://trekmovie.com/2012/11/15/more-details-images-from-15-disc-star-trek-tos-music-box-set-hollywood-event-on-dec-3/
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek - The Original Series Soundtrack Collection   Star Trek - The Original Series Soundtrack Collection EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 9:39 pm

You and me both, brother...

Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek - The Original Series Soundtrack Collection   Star Trek - The Original Series Soundtrack Collection EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 10:42 pm

I am more upset that I missed out on the Generations soundtrack. I really liked that one.
Back to top Go down
The 2nd Doctor Roberts
The 2nd Doctor Roberts

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek - The Original Series Soundtrack Collection   Star Trek - The Original Series Soundtrack Collection EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 2:12 am

It looks like Generations is still available from GNP Crescendo's website.

http://store.gnpcrescendo.com/new/
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek - The Original Series Soundtrack Collection   Star Trek - The Original Series Soundtrack Collection EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 2:15 am

I'd like to get the TNG soundtrack myself, especially the first few seasons.
Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek - The Original Series Soundtrack Collection   Star Trek - The Original Series Soundtrack Collection EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 10:50 pm

Here is a link with a few audio samples:

http://www.trekcore.com/merchandise/sttos_soundtrackintro.html

They sound fantastic!
Back to top Go down
The 2nd Doctor Roberts
The 2nd Doctor Roberts

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek - The Original Series Soundtrack Collection   Star Trek - The Original Series Soundtrack Collection EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 5:28 pm

Now on sale at lalalandrecords.com.
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

Number of posts : 5792
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek - The Original Series Soundtrack Collection   Star Trek - The Original Series Soundtrack Collection EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 9:31 pm

Oh, cool, I just saw that the Wizards soundtrack was there as well...

I LOVE the "Time Will Tell" song from that movie. They even posted a clip:
http://johndadlez.com/MP3/Wizards/Wizards_01_Time.mp3
Back to top Go down
https://whona.forumotion.com
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek - The Original Series Soundtrack Collection   Star Trek - The Original Series Soundtrack Collection EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 10:07 pm

The 2nd Doctor Roberts wrote:
Now on sale at lalalandrecords.com.

Yup, ordered. Very Happy

Who North America wrote:
Oh, cool, I just saw that the Wizards soundtrack was there as well...

Yup, that's a good soundtrack Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Star Trek - The Original Series Soundtrack Collection
Page 1 of 1