18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time   Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 4:38 am

Holy Buckets...that's eerie.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time   Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 12:52 pm

A panel took place last weekend at Comic Con France featuring writer and executive producer Mark Gatiss, during which a special minute-long trailer was shown to the audience highlighting Bradley's Hartnell, plus clips of the production of Doctor Who including those featuring Daleks and Cybermen. Talking about the drama, Gatiss said:

It's essentially the story about four people: Sydney Newman, the man who came up with the idea; Verity Lambert, the first producer; Waris Hussein, the first director; and the first Doctor, William Hartnell. I've been trying to do this for about twelve years, and it's a wonderful story of how our favourite programme came to be. Principally, it's the story of one person's journey through the programme. The biggest problem really is that there are lots and lots of stories to tell, and I had to focus in on very particular parts.

It was obviously very important for us to recreate the original TARDIS as closely as possible. Actually a strange thing happened: in the original series when you go through the doors there are brass pillars which had been hired from a prop company called Trading Post 50 years ago. The design team went back to Trading Post and asked if they had anything like this, and they said "what, those, over there?" - the same ones from the original show! So we just put them back where they used to be!

Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time - Page 3 Image10

Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time - Page 3 Image_10
Back to top Go down
The 2nd Doctor Roberts
The 2nd Doctor Roberts

Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time   Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 3:18 pm

Here is a link to some 60s-style posters for the movie:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/10/29/two-posters-for-doctor-who-origins-movie-an-adventure-in-space-and-time/
Back to top Go down
Just Scott
Just Scott

Number of posts : 1269
Registration date : 2012-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time   Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 7:31 pm

Finished watching it not that long ago.........Very bittersweet!

The glimpse into the future bit at the end was a bit cheesy - apart from that, I really liked it!
Back to top Go down
SJA
SJA

Number of posts : 625
Registration date : 2013-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time   Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 8:12 pm

I found it very good.... as stated bittersweet

If only Bill could see Dr.Who today...

Back to top Go down
Ianotimelord
Ianotimelord

Number of posts : 1495
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time   Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 8:23 pm

SJA wrote:
I found it very good.... as stated bittersweet

If only Bill could see Dr.Who today...

Agree, but he's probably looking down on us with a twinkle in his eye.
Back to top Go down
http://doctorwhotoys.forumshome.com/
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time   Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 11:05 pm

That was sad at the end.  But, a fantastic tribute to...um...Mr. Hartnell.

And Verity, Waris and Sydney.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time   Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 11:16 pm

As I said in the other thread, an absolutely amazing piece... Genuinely very, very moving and brought a tear to my eye. Tremendous work! It makes you appreciate Hartnell all that bit more.

10/10. I can't wait to get the DVD!
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time   Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 10:53 am

Something about a Tenth Planet Cyberman smoking is rather odd!
Back to top Go down
SJA
SJA

Number of posts : 625
Registration date : 2013-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time   Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 12:40 pm

Ronpur wrote:
Something about a Tenth Planet Cyberman smoking is rather odd!
Did u notice all the smoking going on in the story? Here in the use they can't show smoking on TV because they fear it might influence the kids Rolling Eyes 

There is a new Tom Hanks movie coming out where he plays Walt Disney, Disney was a heavy smoker but they left that out if the movie.... Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time   Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 12:58 pm

Well it was certainly a "Warts and all" show.
Loved it and I hope they can carry on doing that sort of thing with all the Doctors.
Back to top Go down
amagon
amagon

Number of posts : 2763
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time   Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 7:32 pm

Why is it NOT available on DVD in America? I've looked, and no one has it on pre-order!

GAH!
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 2205
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time   Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 12:40 am

This was great aside from the 11 cameo.
Back to top Go down
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time   Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 1:10 am

Yeah, that was, as my son said, a little surreal.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time   Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 1:57 am

Evil Monkey Pope wrote:
This was great aside from the 11 cameo.
That's one of the bits that made me tear up. I thought it was lovely, other than the SFX gaff that made him appear in front of the console!
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time   Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 2:15 am

If they were going to do something like that it should've been a vision of all the future Doctors.
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time   Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 2:39 am

I'm not sure Lime Grove was big enough to hold all those Doctors. And half of them would have been static images! And the second Doctor was off in the wings! Very Happy

I think this was more powerful.
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time   Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 3:07 am

It was such a nice tribute to the original era that shoehorning inthe current Doctor felt tacky to me. It was sort of like breaking the fourth wall & inconsistent with the style of the surrounding program. Hartnell hallucinating Matt Smith is creepy because there's no context to him that he's carrying on the Doctor legacy. A vision of all the Doctos including 2 or even including himself like the finale of "The Day of the Doctor" would give him a better idea of the legacy the show would have.

An even better idea, however, would be an epilogue showing Hartnell's involvement with "The Three Doctors." That way it'd be proof that the show had legs & didn't forget about him.
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time   Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 3:31 am

I understand the point, I just wholeheartedly disagree. I think him looking out and looking at a clipshow of all the Doctors would have been tacky. To me, there was a real simplicity to the way it was done, that was more artful and in keeping with the tone than suddenly seeing a bunch of clips or something. And I thought the meaning was perfectly clear. It was an expression of Hartnell's belief in the program, that it would go and go, and that he was the start of it all. It was the moment that made all the trauma of him being forced out more palatable and twisted the movie into something more hopeful - a beginning versus an end. I didn't think Matt was shoehorned in there at all.

But, we'll just have to agree to disagree. Smile
Back to top Go down
The 2nd Doctor Roberts
The 2nd Doctor Roberts

Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time   Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 2:20 pm

What might have been nicer than just plopping Matt Smith into a shot would have been giving "Hartnell" a true glimpse of the current era. Maybe he glances up and sees Smith...on the current TARDIS set. Then a slow pan off the set to reveal the production personnel busily preparing the next shot. "Bill" then snaps out of his reverie and smiles at the notion that "Doctor Who" will survive far into the future.

I don't know if the movie and the show were in production at the same time to allow this to happen...but it might have been more effective. The movie was still fabulous, though.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time   Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 2:45 pm

The 2nd Doctor Roberts wrote:
What might have been nicer than just plopping Matt Smith into a shot would have been giving "Hartnell" a true glimpse of the current era. Maybe he glances up and sees Smith...on the current TARDIS set. Then a slow pan off the set to reveal the production personnel busily preparing the next shot. "Bill" then snaps out of his reverie and smiles at the notion that "Doctor Who" will survive far into the future.

I don't know if the movie and the show were in production at the same time to allow this to happen...but it might have been more effective. The movie was still fabulous, though.
Yeah, I like that idea better. Truthfully, Matt Smith appearing out of nowhere, just standing there, entirely took me out of the movie. I think it was a bad creative choice.
Back to top Go down

Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3