12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
scoodee
scoodee

Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2007-12-29

stuff that bugs you about the new series - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: stuff that bugs you about the new series   stuff that bugs you about the new series - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2008 2:44 pm

Is he scheduled to step down as exec producer? That might be a good thing. I would like to see an alien planet also but in the larger sense I'd like the show to expand beyond Earth in the past, Rose's annoying family, space stations, and future Earth. I mean is Earth really that important??
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: stuff that bugs you about the new series   stuff that bugs you about the new series - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2008 2:51 pm

Of course we are! Humans are the center of the Universe, where the heck have you been, Karn? Mad

*please note to casual viewers, I was being S-A-R-C-A-S-T-I-C geek
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: stuff that bugs you about the new series   stuff that bugs you about the new series - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 26, 2008 11:32 pm

...that we have to wait till probably the summer to see series 4.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: stuff that bugs you about the new series   stuff that bugs you about the new series - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 26, 2008 11:34 pm

I just heard the new arrangement of the theme* and it sucks in my opinion. It is so chaotic, even the Trial of a Timelord theme was better than this, and THAT is saying something!

*I am referring to the Voyage of the Damned
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

PostSubject: Re: stuff that bugs you about the new series   stuff that bugs you about the new series - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 27, 2008 8:07 pm

well the new theme sounds like the 80's remix. But nothing...I say nothing compares to the ear bleeding song for k9 and company. Just hoping the theme song was just for the Voyage of the Damned. The Christmas concert version of the theme song is really good... wish they would use that one.
Back to top Go down
amagon
amagon

Number of posts : 2763
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: stuff that bugs you about the new series   stuff that bugs you about the new series - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 27, 2008 10:26 pm

OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! You said K9 and Company! Now it's in my head! K9! Beep, beep.
Back to top Go down
amagon
amagon

Number of posts : 2763
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: stuff that bugs you about the new series   stuff that bugs you about the new series - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 27, 2008 10:27 pm

Hicup. cyclops

Last edited by on Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: stuff that bugs you about the new series   stuff that bugs you about the new series - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 27, 2008 10:48 pm

K-9 and Sarah Jane were great in that, the rest of it was crap!
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

PostSubject: Re: stuff that bugs you about the new series   stuff that bugs you about the new series - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2008 11:39 pm

agreed...now sing the k9 and company song...now it will be in your head all night. booo ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaa!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: stuff that bugs you about the new series   stuff that bugs you about the new series - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2008 11:48 pm

A friend who has BBC America missed the last few seconds of torchwood his DVR cut it off, and asked me about my connections on all the chat groups about finding out what was said, so for the whole five minutes it was up, I watched the ending of the first episode for him, and I have to say this, and I KNOW people will take this the wrong way to mean something bigoted, but it doesnt,

I am sick and tired of RTD's personal political agenda being put in so blatantly on the shows, I'm not even going to bother with Torchwood anymore.

I just want a nice neutral simple good versus evil hero without anything else thrown in.
Back to top Go down
terrasolo
terrasolo

Number of posts : 1485
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: stuff that bugs you about the new series   stuff that bugs you about the new series - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2008 8:39 am

the second episode was far better then the first, mostly all of the sex references were left out. some will always remain, but it was a good story.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kasterborous.com
Colbster
Colbster

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2008-02-02

PostSubject: Re: stuff that bugs you about the new series   stuff that bugs you about the new series - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2008 8:32 pm

Okay, I willl probably sound like an idiot here. If the new series is a continuation of the original, why does the Doctor appear as he looks now in all the old photos? In "Love & Monsters", why does Elton remember him looking as he does now. Wouldn't he have been Peter Davison back then? There's probably a perfectly good reason for this that I'm not aware of.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/CMB76
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 2207
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: stuff that bugs you about the new series   stuff that bugs you about the new series - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2008 8:47 pm

The tenth version appeared to Elton as a kid thanks to the wonders of time travel.
Back to top Go down
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
Colbster
Colbster

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2008-02-02

PostSubject: Re: stuff that bugs you about the new series   stuff that bugs you about the new series - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2008 8:53 pm

Evil Monkey Pope wrote:
The tenth version appeared to Elton as a kid thanks to the wonders of time travel.
Oh yeah. I forgot about that whole time travel thing. See, I knew there was a totally obvious reason I was overlooking. Embarassed Thanks for clearing it up for me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/CMB76
CJSchmidt
CJSchmidt

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: stuff that bugs you about the new series   stuff that bugs you about the new series - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2008 7:37 pm

It's implied that the Doctor does quite a bit of adventuring outside of what's shown in the series. I do wish that they would aknowledge past incarnations a little more, though. Time crash helped a lot in that area.
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

PostSubject: Re: stuff that bugs you about the new series   stuff that bugs you about the new series - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2008 11:16 pm

I would like more multi Doctor stories like Time Crash. I just loved how Tennant and Davison played off each other.
Back to top Go down
gregtdj
gregtdj

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-06-19

PostSubject: Re: stuff that bugs you about the new series   stuff that bugs you about the new series - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2008 9:42 pm

or at least some inclusion of the 8th doctor.
Back to top Go down
LakeErieMonster
LakeErieMonster

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2007-02-05

PostSubject: Re: stuff that bugs you about the new series   stuff that bugs you about the new series - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2008 11:03 pm

slight reference would be great just to a least hint at the past.
Back to top Go down

stuff that bugs you about the new series
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2