48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

Big Chief products - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 5:35 pm

Really glad that they're doing expansion packs as we had hoped!
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
LastWho
LastWho

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2008-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 10:14 pm

I wonder if you will have to have purchased the original doll to get the expansion pack? It may be a way to save a little money to buy the Baker expansion with smiling face head and coat, them put it on one of the hot toys bodies you can pick up on ebay for $30.00.
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 10:34 pm

You don't have to buy the original to buy expansions, I'm sure. It kind of sees that, with the current ones, you can buy two of them and make a pretty much complete figure if you have a body. Not totally sure the Hot Toys body and the BC heads are compatible though without customization. I haven't heard much talk about them yet, though, so they might be.
Back to top Go down
Glitz
Glitz

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2010-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 2:16 am

jonwes wrote:

Tennant looks so great. The head sculpt is jaw-dropping. I wish the lapels weren't quite so puffy though.

Yeah, these are mostly brilliant, but the "tailoring" of the clothes is not up to Hot Toys level (maybe not even Sideshow's or Dragon's). It has a very "dollish" look on the figures and doesn't have the realism of the very-top-end stuff (which I imagine this is gonna be priced as). Some of the head paints look a teeny bit "rough" too, but that'll likely improve over time (and these are mostly prototypes, right)?.

I'm guessing they just might be using too heavy a fabric b/c of production realities. Hopefully these'll get better down the road. But for a brand new 1/6 company, this is pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 6:23 am

Glitz wrote:
Yeah, these are mostly brilliant, but the "tailoring" of the clothes is not up to Hot Toys level (maybe not even Sideshow's or Dragon's). It has a very "dollish" look on the figures and doesn't have the realism of the very-top-end stuff (which I imagine this is gonna be priced as). Some of the head paints look a teeny bit "rough" too, but that'll likely improve over time (and these are mostly prototypes, right)?.

Yeah, I'm confident that the finished product will look just fine. Just take Matt Smith's figure for example. Even though the prototype is as equally stunning, it looks even better now in comparison to the prototypes.
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
pixletwin
pixletwin

Number of posts : 2724
Registration date : 2008-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 11:22 am

Not HT quality but I would say it is better than Sideshow's without a doubt.
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 2205
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 3:33 pm

I read a glowing review of the special signed 11 but I don't think I can post it because it has links to other retailers.
Back to top Go down
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 9:51 pm

i think I am going to have to get a third job for these- there is nothing I do not like- help!
Back to top Go down
pixletwin
pixletwin

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 11:08 am

http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/298674_10151943986316002_643205029_n.jpg

Last edited by pixletwin on Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Krynoid
Krynoid

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 4:09 pm

I've seen that the pre-orders for the 11th Doctor are shipping as of today.

(Not at WhoNA)

Sad
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

Number of posts : 5792

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 7:56 pm

We have these on order but have not heard anything from the US disributor yet. Will advise as we get information.

Jany
Back to top Go down
https://whona.forumotion.com
pixletwin
pixletwin

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 11:25 pm

A competitor got theirs in stock today so I can only assume WhoNA should be getting theirs in soon as well.
Back to top Go down
memnoch21

Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2008-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 12:25 am

What's he word on Amy, target ship date?
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 12:41 am

A recent show had a card that said "December" but I wouldn't hold my breath as they had to retool her body because their old factory mesed it up.
Back to top Go down
memnoch21

Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2008-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 12:43 am

Later is better for m at this point.
Back to top Go down
LastWho
LastWho

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2008-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 2:09 am

Where I pre-ordered it still says it will be released on Dec 26th. That's good, I need to save more. I have enough for the 10th Doctor and about half way there for the 4th, but need to still save some more!
Back to top Go down
thebreen

Number of posts : 879
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 10:22 am

What is the ball-park SRP/RRP on these anyway? About $200?

I'm just trying to figure out how much money to save.
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 4:08 pm

So far they retail around $199.
Back to top Go down
pixletwin
pixletwin

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 4:46 pm

Silence Will Fall wrote:

Wow. That was pretty tactless. You do realize this board is run by WhoNA? THey are in direct competition with the retailer you mentioned. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Silence Will Fall

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2012-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 4:52 pm

pixletwin wrote:
Silence Will Fall wrote:

Wow. That was pretty tactless. You do realize this board is run by WhoNA? THey are in direct competition with the retailer you mentioned. Rolling Eyes
But they aren't sure if or when they are getting it. I'm sure they wouldn't want their loyal customers to go without even if it means going somewhere else to get it.
Back to top Go down
pixletwin
pixletwin

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 4:58 pm

You might wanna read this friendly post from Jany.

Who North America wrote:
Just thought I would post some rules newbies should be aware of:

1. Keep it simple and fun. No political or incendiary avatars or discussions.

2. Keep it positive.

3. Feel free to trade in the trading section but avoid trading stolen or illegal items, or using the trade section as your business platform. Trade section is only for sale of your own personal items.

4. We love the sharing of images but not ones of leaked information or copyrighted materials.

5. Keep the discussions clean for our younger members. No cuss words or foul language, please.

6. We welcome discussions of all kind including religion and politics. However, keep the discussions and avatars NICE.

7. This is a retailer's forum so please do not promote other retailers or post links to their websites.

8. Feel free to email us at whona@whona.com if you have any questions about the forum or forum members.
9. Lastly, posting is optional but having fun is mandatory Razz

Jany Bradbury

Back to top Go down
Silence Will Fall

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 5:02 pm

You don't agree that they should encourage their loyal customers to buy elsewhere if they aren't sure if they are getting a product? Isn't it about making sure your customer gets what they want? It isn't a case of buy it here or nowhere is it?
Back to top Go down
pixletwin
pixletwin

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 5:03 pm

It's not really up for debate though is it. You can be obstinate and rude. Or you can adhere to the rules our gracious hosts have set.
Back to top Go down
Silence Will Fall

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 5:08 pm

pixletwin wrote:
It's not really up for debate though is it. You can be obstinate and rude. Or you can adhere to the rules our gracious hosts have set.
I'm not looking to debate, I'm looking to make sure people are done right.
Back to top Go down
pixletwin
pixletwin

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 5:10 pm

Then PM him the info. Or you can be obstinate and rude. You seem to be shooting for the latter, so suit yourself.
Back to top Go down

Big Chief products
Page 4 of 22Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 22  Next