Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

Verity Lambert dies Empty
PostSubject: Verity Lambert dies   Verity Lambert dies EmptyFri Nov 23, 2007 2:42 pm

http://www.gallifreyone.com/news.php#newsitemEEAVlEAEVAjKestqvG

I'm glad that she, at least, got to see Doctor Who come back and become one of the most powerful shows on TV.

I never met her, but what I saw of her in interviews and such portrayed her as a lovely woman with a strong vision.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Verity Lambert dies   Verity Lambert dies EmptyFri Nov 23, 2007 3:30 pm

I once wrote about her in College about pioneers. In 1963 a woman being producer, especially at a stuffy institution like the BBC was unheard of, but she silenced her critics with her ability and imagination.

When I look at the early years of the program, the ones that she produced were the most solid of them all.

Thank you Verity!!!
Back to top Go down
pjr

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Verity Lambert dies   Verity Lambert dies EmptyFri Nov 23, 2007 5:48 pm

That really puts a pale on the 44th anniversary of the show.

I was always impressed that the first producer of the series
was a young woman. Very unusual anywhere in 1963.

She helped to get the series off to a good start.

Rest In Peace.
Back to top Go down
neonlogo
neonlogo

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Verity Lambert dies   Verity Lambert dies EmptyFri Nov 23, 2007 8:41 pm

We should all sit down and re-watch "An Unearthly Child", just to remind ourselves of how and where it all began, and how well it holds up to this day.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/grubgun
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Verity Lambert dies   Verity Lambert dies EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 6:51 pm

So sad to hear a legend pass. In the Family of Blood episode there was a nice nod to the past when Smith credits that Sydney was the father and Verity was the mother. She raised and nurtured the program and was a huge part of the success.
Back to top Go down
gregtdj
gregtdj

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Verity Lambert dies   Verity Lambert dies EmptySat Mar 01, 2008 1:25 am

It is worth noting that Voyage of the Damned was dedicated to her. It's even nicer to see her receive a proper send up. This will give every Who fan a chance to learn about her, whether they just met the tenth or know of the first.

Themed night on BBC4 will celebrate producer's career.

Quote :
BBC4 will dedicate an evening to the life and work of the late Verity Lambert, Doctor Who's first producer.

The evening of programmes, due to be screened in April, will showcase a specially made documentary about Lambert's work on Doctor Who, Quatermass and many more classic TV shows. Friends and colleagues from throughout Verity's career, including Russell T Davies, will participate in the show.

The documentary will be followed by a selection of episodes from Verity's best known shows, including Doctor Who.
Back to top Go down

Verity Lambert dies
Page 1 of 1