Total Votes : 18

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Retro_Panda
Retro_Panda

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Cybermen or Daleks..? Empty
PostSubject: Cybermen or Daleks..?   Cybermen or Daleks..? EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 2:27 am

Cybermen or Daleks..?
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Cybermen or Daleks..?   Cybermen or Daleks..? EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 2:30 am

Cybermen cheers
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Cybermen or Daleks..?   Cybermen or Daleks..? EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 2:32 am

Daleks queen
Back to top Go down
dr.dalek
dr.dalek

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2010-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Cybermen or Daleks..?   Cybermen or Daleks..? EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 12:43 pm

Daleks alien
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Cybermen or Daleks..?   Cybermen or Daleks..? EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 3:00 pm

D-A-L-E-K-S

Back to top Go down
Bob1963
Bob1963

Number of posts : 1276
Registration date : 2012-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Cybermen or Daleks..?   Cybermen or Daleks..? EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 3:53 pm

D*A*L*E*K*S !
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Cybermen or Daleks..?   Cybermen or Daleks..? EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 5:57 pm

The Cybermen have been and are a very popular enemy of the Doctors how ever, when the Daleks first appeared back in 1963 they were a instant hit and I believe the Dalekmania that followed secured Doctor Who's future. The Daleks were mega money spinners and still are to a extent.

Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Cybermen or Daleks..?   Cybermen or Daleks..? EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 7:29 pm

I mean, it's like comparing Romulan's to Klingon's. Sure, they are both cool, however, if they were both in a room, I'd be more afraid of the Klingon.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Cybermen or Daleks..?   Cybermen or Daleks..? EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 7:46 pm

Good analogy for me. The Klingons were the more popular big bads of classic Trek, and more so since they joined the Federation in TNG and DS9. However, I always preferred the Romulans.

Back to top Go down
Just Scott
Just Scott

Number of posts : 1269
Registration date : 2012-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Cybermen or Daleks..?   Cybermen or Daleks..? EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 8:28 pm

Daleks - except those silly bright coloured ones that the silly bow tied man went up against. (the start of who's downfall)

Would have went for Cybermen but i only really like Earthshock design
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Cybermen or Daleks..?   Cybermen or Daleks..? EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 9:06 pm

Hum, I don't know, tough choice. Smile

But, if I had to choose it would be CYBERMEN!!!

I find them to be a far more horrific concept, with human/cybernetic combo.
Back to top Go down
Retro_Panda
Retro_Panda

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2010-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Cybermen or Daleks..?   Cybermen or Daleks..? EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 1:51 am

Just Scott wrote:
Daleks - except those silly bright coloured ones that the silly bow tied man went up against. (the start of who's downfall)

I agree totally, Moffatt ruined the Daleks and now he is going to do it with the Cybermen too.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Cybermen or Daleks..?   Cybermen or Daleks..? EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 1:54 am

Zaf wrote:
Just Scott wrote:

I agree totally, Moffatt ruined the Daleks and now he is going to do it with the Cybermen too.

I agree that he has ruined the Daleks, Bring back the RTD Daleks how Cybermen have been rubish ever since they came back in the new series, scrap them and try again.

I disagree with the Silly Bow tied man comment, Matt is the best Doctor since the series has returned and I look forward to him at the TARDIS controls for many years to come.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Cybermen or Daleks..?   Cybermen or Daleks..? EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 2:12 am

ogron wrote:

I disagree with the Silly Bow tied man comment, Matt is the best Doctor since the series has returned and I look forward to him at the TARDIS controls for many years to come.

I wouldn't get your hopes up too high.

Consider:

He keeps mentioning wanting to try and break into Hollywood.
He is non committal about doing anything after this season.
He has said that he does not think he will be the actor to match or beat Tom's record.

Realistically, I think he goes for another two series and leaves. He exits the series on a high note during the anniversary year. Even if he wants to leave after this series, I think they wouldn't want to go into an anniversary series with a new Doc. They will probably be able to convince him to go one more time, then have him regen at the end and have a nice beginning to the next era.
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 2205
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Cybermen or Daleks..?   Cybermen or Daleks..? EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 2:53 am

The Daleks were already ruined by Daleks in Manhattan.
Back to top Go down
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Cybermen or Daleks..?   Cybermen or Daleks..? EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 3:15 am

Classic Daleks > Classic Cybermen (barely)
Cybusmen > Rainbow Fatleks

oh, and since it was brought up,

Klingons > Romulans
Very Happy

Cruel Angel wrote:
I wouldn't get your hopes up too high.

Consider:

He keeps mentioning wanting to try and break into Hollywood.
He is non committal about doing anything after this season.
He has said that he does not think he will be the actor to match or beat Tom's record.
I hope he leaves halfway through next season. And not just because I think he's awful. I think a mid-series regeneration would be cool. It could be tied into an ongoing storyline instead of tacked on the end of a finale. It would also provide a huge mid-season ratings boost.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Cybermen or Daleks..?   Cybermen or Daleks..? EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 3:49 am

A mid season regen would be good too. It'd be even better if they could somehow keep it under wraps (lead everyone to think the regen would happen at the end of the series) but I seriously doubt they could keep it a secret and enable it to be a surprise shocker.

Romulan uniforms > Klingon uniforms (sharp)

Romulan society > Klingon society (I did Latin for 3 years in high school and my minor in college)

Romulan manners > Klingon manners (not a party dude)

D'deridex class > K'tinga and Vor'cha class (is just so pretty)

Tal Shiar > Klingon Intelligence (nuff said)

Romulan women >>>>> Klingon women (much love for Sela and Donatra)

Very Happy

Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7000
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Cybermen or Daleks..?   Cybermen or Daleks..? EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 10:30 am

I've always been a Cybermen guy. Don't know why. Several of the classic Cybermen stories were weaker than most of the Dalek stories (Revenge, Attack, Silver Nemesis, their appearance in Five Doctors). I think that it's because they are us makes them creepier to me. Events in Rise of the Cybermen/Age of Steel and Army of Ghosts/Doomsday further reinforced that, with the horrific conversions of our beloved Jackie in the former and Yvonne in the latter. These were people we knew. Chilling.

Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Cybermen or Daleks..?   Cybermen or Daleks..? EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 11:40 am

Cybermen are nice and shiny. They got the techie thing going and they look cool.

Daleks are just salt and pepper shakers Razz
Back to top Go down

Cybermen or Daleks..?
Page 1 of 1