jaredofmo
9 posters
AuthorMessage
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

Next Cyberman redesign Empty
PostSubject: Next Cyberman redesign   Next Cyberman redesign EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 9:23 pm

Will find the Cybermen more lifelike than ever as they will now be played by people in silver paint.

Because of the budget cuts.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Next Cyberman redesign   Next Cyberman redesign EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 9:37 pm

I now have visions of Cyber Armies marching around like 7 of 9 in silver body suits and techie bits on their faces. Time for the econo-cybies.

Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Next Cyberman redesign   Next Cyberman redesign EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 1:07 am

You know, I thought Cyberwoman was a very well done Torchwood episode, and I couldn't see why they couldn't look more like that in Who. Half Human, Half Cyberman, not full conversions. An easy explanation would be that they ran out of parts, but they still wanted an army. Sort of like the Madame de Pompadour episode (where the ship cannaballized the crew).
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Next Cyberman redesign   Next Cyberman redesign EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 1:13 am

I still prefer to see the real Cybermen appear, from our universe, and not Lumic's overrated and overused universe.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Next Cyberman redesign   Next Cyberman redesign EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 1:40 am

I wanna see Real Cybermen, not the stomping things we have now...

I ran a search and found some cool images - what do you think?

Next Cyberman redesign The_da10

Next Cyberman redesign Cyberm11

Next Cyberman redesign Cyb_de10

Next Cyberman redesign 51794610

Next Cyberman redesign Cyberm12
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Next Cyberman redesign   Next Cyberman redesign EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 2:15 am

That top one was the redesign from The Dark Dimension special that never happened.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Next Cyberman redesign   Next Cyberman redesign EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 8:44 am

It is,but I love the bottom sketch! Would love to see that in an episode!

The heads on the second one could easily work on the cybus body. And the 10th Planet ones look creepy in that picture. I think those are action figures in the picture.
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Next Cyberman redesign   Next Cyberman redesign EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 9:28 am

Half-human is pretty much what a Cyberman should be. They're cyborgs. The Borg in Star Trek were directly inspired by them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
CGren123
CGren123

Number of posts : 2368
Registration date : 2009-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Next Cyberman redesign   Next Cyberman redesign EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 4:13 pm

Next Cyberman redesign Cimg3425

Inspired by Calixar's comment above. A "Cyber-Borg". I've had a few more ideas for these, so there could be a few more to come.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Next Cyberman redesign   Next Cyberman redesign EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 8:24 pm

I like that! Just make the face more decayed,lol.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Next Cyberman redesign   Next Cyberman redesign EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 8:26 pm

Calixar wrote:
Half-human is pretty much what a Cyberman should be. They're cyborgs. The Borg in Star Trek were directly inspired by them.

Yes they should be half-human, not a brain in a robot suit!
<<<<or even half-horse!
Back to top Go down
CGren123
CGren123

PostSubject: Re: Next Cyberman redesign   Next Cyberman redesign EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 9:11 pm

I originally drew this just as a head, then decided to do a rough to expand on the more Borg-like Cybermen. I'll do a proper one (AKA one not drawn on an envelope) either tomorrow evening or Sunday. The idea was again, a more Borg-like Cyberman, hence the still human arm part.

Next Cyberman redesign Cimg3426

I don't know if you can tell or not, but the head implant on the "human" side of the face is implied to have burst out of the side of his face somehow. The 'wiggly' lines is the breached skin. I imagine it as a Borg-like conversion. Nanoprobes or something have grown the implant, and it burt forth.

This one evolved from a "gun arm". I initially just drew the arm, and then worked my way from there. I especially like the face on this one as it is a little more decayed.

Next Cyberman redesign Cimg3427

A close up of the decayed face
Next Cyberman redesign Cimg3428
Back to top Go down
Retro_Panda
Retro_Panda

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2010-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Next Cyberman redesign   Next Cyberman redesign EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 2:34 am

I didn't even know the show was hurting financially. I wonder if the show is loosing viewers..?
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Next Cyberman redesign   Next Cyberman redesign EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 9:25 am

Zaf wrote:
I didn't even know the show was hurting financially. I wonder if the show is loosing viewers..?
The ratings have been just as strong. I was making a joke about how every year there seem to be budget cuts.
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Next Cyberman redesign   Next Cyberman redesign EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 7:20 pm

To me, Cybermen should have the face covered and have some type of chest device.
The modified Wheel design would be nice.

And the Cybusman getting gutted was awesome.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Next Cyberman redesign   Next Cyberman redesign EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 9:09 pm

Zaf wrote:

It is the BBC that is hurting, with loss of revenue, so the budget cuts get spread to all the shows. If anything, Who probably gets more than its far share of money, since it generates even more revenue.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Next Cyberman redesign   Next Cyberman redesign EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 9:10 pm

I love what you are doing with those Borg-like designs, Cgren. I may do a custom like that!
Back to top Go down
CGren123
CGren123

PostSubject: Re: Next Cyberman redesign   Next Cyberman redesign EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 1:53 pm

Thanks, Ronpur. I'm currently doing a few more designs, and considering working them into a Dr Who Fan Comic! If I end up doing it, I'll post links on here.
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

Number of posts : 1150
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Next Cyberman redesign   Next Cyberman redesign EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 1:38 am

kinda reminds me of attack of the cybermen where litton is converting.
Back to top Go down

Next Cyberman redesign
Page 1 of 1