10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

eBay Sellers to watch out for Empty
PostSubject: eBay Sellers to watch out for   eBay Sellers to watch out for EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 10:23 am

Thought a thread like this would be necessary for those who have bad experiences on eBay so the rest of the community can look out for dodgy sellers when buying Doctor Who items.

The recent problem I had was actually with a Star Wars item....

Highly recommend you stay away from user 'snakeriverdance'. I paid $88.00 for a Kenner Death Star Space Station set with $30.00+ postage and packaging. The item arrived in Britain after a month but I got a letter from Parcelforce saying I had to pay £23.49 for it to go through customs! So I messaged the bloke on eBay and he said "I pay too much money to afford extra customs charges" ....I was stunned.... Absolutely fuming! So I had to pay the charges in the end, but only for now, as I've opened a case on eBay to try and get my money back. I just couldn't believe it... He never even said anything about extra charges in the description but why should I have to pay two lots of postage anyway? Just because he can't afford it?! Why is he in the business then?!

I do have my item now and I love it, but you know... I wish it hadn't cost so much darn money! Highly recommend you stay away from him, but I'll let you know what happens as he's got a week to sort things out.
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: eBay Sellers to watch out for   eBay Sellers to watch out for EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 1:18 pm

Luckily I have never had a bad experience with Ebay. Though there is an Ebay who does Doctor Who stuff (never bought of him.) and apparently the figures reak when people get them. Dunno what his name is but he sells 5 inch figures and always has a tape measure next to the figures to measure them. He uses a green tape measure. If you seen him, watch out cos you might get dirty figures...Razz
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: eBay Sellers to watch out for   eBay Sellers to watch out for EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 1:36 pm

Campion wrote:
Luckily I have never had a bad experience with Ebay. Though there is an Ebay who does Doctor Who stuff (never bought of him.) and apparently the figures reak when people get them. Dunno what his name is but he sells 5 inch figures and always has a tape measure next to the figures to measure them. He uses a green tape measure. If you seen him, watch out cos you might get dirty figures...Razz

I know the guy, he's one of the main sellers on there. Is it the one with the background from the 11 Doctors set? Hmm, I was gonna buy a few figures from him - thanks for the heads up.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: eBay Sellers to watch out for   eBay Sellers to watch out for EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 2:11 pm

Scary wrote:
Campion wrote:

I know the guy, he's one of the main sellers on there. Is it the one with the background from the 11 Doctors set? Hmm, I was gonna buy a few figures from him - thanks for the heads up.
Yes he uses the 11th Doctor background. Obviously this isn't my own experience but alot of people have said so.. Razz One seller I would recommend is back to the tardis. No Who stuff up at the moment but he sells some awesome stuff.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: eBay Sellers to watch out for   eBay Sellers to watch out for EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 2:18 pm

Campion wrote:
Scary wrote:
Campion wrote:

Yes he uses the 11th Doctor background. Obviously this isn't my own experience but alot of people have said so.. Razz One seller I would recommend is back to the tardis. No Who stuff up at the moment but he sells some awesome stuff.

I know how receiving stinky figures feels, Bossk is still in the garden cos he reaks so much. Razz
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: eBay Sellers to watch out for   eBay Sellers to watch out for EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 2:32 pm

Is Bossk the scarywood version of a garden gnome?
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: eBay Sellers to watch out for   eBay Sellers to watch out for EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 2:35 pm

Whoosier Whovian wrote:
Is Bossk the scarywood version of a garden gnome?

Yeah, I have a whole patio full of smelly alien toys. Razz
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

Number of posts : 5792
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: eBay Sellers to watch out for   eBay Sellers to watch out for EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 5:26 pm

Scary wrote:
Thought a thread like this would be necessary for those who have bad experiences on eBay so the rest of the community can look out for dodgy sellers when buying Doctor Who items.

Highly recommend you stay away from user 'snakeriverdance'. I paid $88.00 for a Kenner Death Star Space Station set with $30.00+ postage and packaging. The item arrived in Britain after a month but I got a letter from Parcelforce saying I had to pay £23.49 for it to go through customs! So I messaged the bloke on eBay and he said "I pay too much money to afford extra customs charges" ....I was stunned.... Absolutely fuming! So I had to pay the charges in the end, but only for now, as I've opened a case on eBay to try and get my money back. I just couldn't believe it... He never even said anything about extra charges in the description but why should I have to pay two lots of postage anyway? Just because he can't afford it?! Why is he in the business then?!

I do have my item now and I love it, but you know... I wish it hadn't cost so much darn money! Highly recommend you stay away from him, but I'll let you know what happens as he's got a week to sort things out.

Scary:

Just thought I would point something out to you regarding international shipping. When you purchase something from an international vendor, they can only charge you shipping cost. They will NEVER pay for your customs charges as that has everything to do with your country's customs agents and nothing to do with the seller, who incidentally sees not one cent of this customs fees (it is another tax levied by your country to you). You should expect to pay for your customs duties yourself I love you

Jany

Back to top Go down
https://whona.forumotion.com
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: eBay Sellers to watch out for   eBay Sellers to watch out for EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 6:28 pm

Who North America wrote:
Scary wrote:

Scary:

Just thought I would point something out to you regarding international shipping. When you purchase something from an international vendor, they can only charge you shipping cost. They will NEVER pay for your customs charges as that has everything to do with your country's customs agents and nothing to do with the seller, who incidentally sees not one cent of this customs fees (it is another tax levied by your country to you). You should expect to pay for your customs duties yourself I love you

Jany

Thing is that I've bought and traded from overseas loads of times, I get parcels from people on here frequently, and never have I been told I've had to pay for extra postage and customs duties. I never even knew these extra charges existed and it seems stupid to me. I've been buying on eBay for about 8 or 9 years now and it's funny how I've never came across anything like this. Sellers should add it to the description or eBay should give some sort of warning. Seems stupid that people are just expected to know everything.

eBay will probably just ignore the case but at least I tried and at least I know now. Still mega peeved though.
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: eBay Sellers to watch out for   eBay Sellers to watch out for EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 6:34 pm

It's happened to me. It's rare, but it does happen. I don't know why it's inconsisent, maybe it's up to the individual customs agent. Sellers can't really warn you about it since every country has different laws & procedures. Most retail stores have a disclaimer saying you could be hit with customs fees and to check them out yourself.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: eBay Sellers to watch out for   eBay Sellers to watch out for EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 7:11 pm

Done some research and it's all down to HMRC [Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs]. I'm currently trying to find a way of how to give Her Majesty a royal piece of my mind. Mad
Back to top Go down
Invisible Supreme
Invisible Supreme

Number of posts : 2167
Registration date : 2010-03-16

PostSubject: Re: eBay Sellers to watch out for   eBay Sellers to watch out for EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 12:18 pm

I have also been ripped off by an ebayer, when I tried to get a talking dalek off ebay. I don't remember the seller's ebay name, though. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: eBay Sellers to watch out for   eBay Sellers to watch out for EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 5:08 pm

I have been ripped off by a few sellers too. But don't remember the names. Sad have a feeling i may be again real soon too. Sad

and i k ow the member with the measuring tape. Laughing never bought from him though. too much money to ship it.

But STAY AWAY FROM..... whosbobo SHIPPING COSTLY!!! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: eBay Sellers to watch out for   eBay Sellers to watch out for EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 8:50 pm

I must be lucky, never had a problem. But, I do check the seller's feedback before bidding.
Back to top Go down
dave
dave

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2007-04-25

PostSubject: Re: eBay Sellers to watch out for   eBay Sellers to watch out for EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 11:39 pm

MattyLover11 wrote:
I have been ripped off by a few sellers too. But don't remember the names. Sad have a feeling i may be again real soon too. Sad

and i k ow the member with the measuring tape. Laughing never bought from him though. too much money to ship it.

yes whosbobo!!!! You can have this peri figure but it will cost you more than the actual figure itself for me to ship it to you!!!!

Umm....I think not!!!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: eBay Sellers to watch out for   eBay Sellers to watch out for EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 11:45 pm

dave wrote:
MattyLover11 wrote:

yes whosbobo!!!! You can have this peri figure but it will cost you more than the actual figure itself for me to ship it to you!!!!

Umm....I think not!!!

Yay someone agrees with me. Lol yeah read in his feedback no way it costs 36 dollars to ship 6 figures or something like. Wtf!!!!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: eBay Sellers to watch out for   eBay Sellers to watch out for EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 8:40 pm

i got this guy too!

legendofstevie

HE TURNS HIS CONTACTS OFF!!! Evil or Very Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: eBay Sellers to watch out for   eBay Sellers to watch out for EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 11:29 pm

'okcomputer1138' just randomly emailed me calling me an idiot because of the feedback I left on the other guy's page, regardless to the fact that eBay closed my case and denied my appeal. Seems like this nut has nothing else better to do than look through peoples feedback and target strangers on the internet.

The insolence is strong in this one.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: eBay Sellers to watch out for   eBay Sellers to watch out for EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 11:57 pm

There is a place that stole my photo of my SDCC Leela figure. It clearly shows #130 in their listing which is the number of my card - FOR CRIPES SAKE! And of course ebay doesnt care about theft, they do it on a daily basis with the fees.

If you want to see the seller just look for "signed Leela"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: eBay Sellers to watch out for   eBay Sellers to watch out for EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 11:59 pm

Whoosier Whovian wrote:
There is a place that stole my photo of my SDCC Leela figure. It clearly shows #130 in their listing which is the number of my card - FOR CRIPES SAKE! And of course ebay doesnt care about theft, they do it on a daily basis with the fees.

If you want to see the seller just look for "signed Leela"

Be careful what ya post I guess nowadays! Sad
Back to top Go down
D4L3K
D4L3K

Number of posts : 1038
Registration date : 2007-09-14

PostSubject: Re: eBay Sellers to watch out for   eBay Sellers to watch out for EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 7:57 pm

Also beware of those that push back release dates on not yet released preorder items. If they push it back beyond the eBay refund limit, youre screwed if they never get the item in stock. I lost 90.00 to a seller that way. My bank, PayPal and eBay did nothing to help me.
Back to top Go down
JohnPertwee
JohnPertwee

Number of posts : 505
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: eBay Sellers to watch out for   eBay Sellers to watch out for EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 11:55 am

Scary wrote:
'okcomputer1138' just randomly emailed me calling me an idiot because of the feedback I left on the other guy's page, regardless to the fact that eBay closed my case and denied my appeal. Seems like this nut has nothing else better to do than look through peoples feedback and target strangers on the internet.

So you gave the ebay seller a negative for something he had no control of, and you call someone that calls you out on it insolent?

Wow.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: eBay Sellers to watch out for   eBay Sellers to watch out for EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 1:20 pm

JohnPertwee wrote:
Scary wrote:

So you gave the ebay seller a negative for something he had no control of, and you call someone that calls you out on it insolent?

Wow.

I'm sorry, did you not read anything in this thread? From the time between the original post that I made and the post of mine that you quoted above I learnt more about the customs charges. I'll let you have another look at the thread. See the post WhoNA made? See where I changed the direction of my anger from the seller and instead to revenues and customs? Hey look, I even admitted my wrong...

Scary wrote:
...at least I tried and at least I know now.

I was wrong to have blamed the seller and I have apologised to him. However, this does not allow some random person to attack me because of the feedback I left. The guy was flicking through the seller's feedback and randomly emailed me a wad of abuse. Yeah, he didn't know that I had learnt of my mistake but what has it got to do with a stranger that was not involved in the purchase in even the slightest way? Did I ask for his opinion? No. So yeah, he was insolent to attack me for something he did not have the full facts for, and I'd be right to call you insolent for the exact same reason.

Wonderful trolling techniques, it seems the flaws you leave to be exploited by your opposition are quite effective in passing over the ability of allowing the person you are attempting to troll to shoot down your argument with immense ease. Try reading the thread next time. Great work. Have a sticker.
Back to top Go down
JohnPertwee
JohnPertwee

Number of posts : 505
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: eBay Sellers to watch out for   eBay Sellers to watch out for EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 9:43 pm

I read everything, I just feel sorry for internet sellers that have to school you on the ways of the world. The person that "trolled" you on ebay is probably that sellers friend, saying what the seller couldn't say in fear of ebay retribution.

You call me insolent? I call it like I see it. Shall we just agree to disagree?

edit: Ebay says in their April 3rd announcement... •Feedback from international buyers that only references customs issues now qualifies for Feedback removal.
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

Number of posts : 5792
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: eBay Sellers to watch out for   eBay Sellers to watch out for EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 12:04 pm

Chill......be nice I love you and get back on topic about Ebay sellers to watch out for.....

Jany
Back to top Go down
https://whona.forumotion.com

eBay Sellers to watch out for
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next