SeaDevil
Scary
beep
69 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show off your figure collections!!!   Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 6:17 am

jonwes wrote:
I got some more series 6 toys today! I've been fairly critical of the Series 6 stuff.
I've found the character selection a bit uninspiring, but I have to say in hand a lot of these are a lot better than I thought! I'm actually very pleased with all of them to be honest.

Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 7 6508547587_6b39a626b1_z

Idris looks great! Mine has some green paint slop on her but maybe I can remove that with some acetone. I'm afraid of taking the skin color with it. If WhoNA gets the 5-cube version in at some point I might just order her again. They did a really great job with her clothes and she looks great with 11 in the Junkyard TARDIS!

Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 7 6508545411_e2f20c891f_z
Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 7 6508547319_5aa57c2b47_z

Uncle is very cool too! WAY better than I thought. I like his outfit and his accessory is very cool.

Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 7 6508547085_eb5eb28750_z

The new 11 is GREAT. I love the new ball jointed shoulders (though his arms do look a bit flat) and the new head sculpt is amazing. Uncle's head was a PAIN to swap for this pic, though putting the other head back on was easier.

Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 7 6508546825_1afc721b12_z

I never thought I'd be buying MORE Cybermen, but the paint jobs and little exposed details on these latest ones are magnificent. I have an army of Cybermen by now (most are in storage) but these variations are nice.

Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 7 6508546541_f00a7fd7fd_z

Putting the empty shell of the head on the previous version with the removable head is a creepy effect!

Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 7 6508546291_9e48038d5b_z

The Cybermen with the hand electric effect is very cool! The electric blasts are very well sculpted and fit on the hands perfectly. I was a little worried about them fitting right but they are well designed.

Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 7 6508546075_5267c8d409_z

The Ganger Doc isn't much to look at, but I got the "soft effect" one with the rubbery head and hands and he's fun. However, the hands can come out pretty easily and once they are out they are a paint to put back in. So be warned.

Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 7 6508545857_c34ea5b3a2_z

Probably one of the biggest revelations was how cool the Astronaut is! I got the version with the little girl in it versus River because I thought it was more interesting that way, to be honest. The sculpt is better than I thought from the pictures I'd seen, and it has a TON of movement. The backpack does make it a little top-heavy.

Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 7 6508545773_a14506778c_z

Finally I have Silents! The beam effect came with the close-mouthed gray one but I gave it to the open-mouthed pink one as they had open mouths when they used this effect. I was hoping I'd get two gray ones but I actually like the variation with the pink one. It adds some variety.

Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 7 6508545649_a18b3f3c4c_z

The Flesh masks are goofy fun. They look kind of creepy (putting the flesh mask on the Ganger doc is kind of cool and it stays well) and it's kind of fun for that reason.

Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 7 6508545523_861aace084_z

The gang's all here! All in all, I was very pleased with these figures. I do think there are a ton of great characters to be made yet, but it's not a bad start by any means.

I'm definitely a fan of the way you composed your shots and especially the lighting! That's some fantastic camera work!
~
Back to top Go down
neogeo
neogeo

Number of posts : 2159
Registration date : 2010-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Show off your figure collections!!!   Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 1:27 pm

Beautiful work, jonwes!
Back to top Go down
CGren123
CGren123

Number of posts : 2368
Registration date : 2009-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Show off your figure collections!!!   Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 1:29 pm

Some pretty awesome pictures there, jonwes!
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Show off your figure collections!!!   Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 2:07 pm

Thanks guys! It might be the last time I strap the Doc and Idris into the TARDIS though. That was a pain! Not sure how kids are supposed to do it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Chuzzlewit
Chuzzlewit

Number of posts : 3864
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Show off your figure collections!!!   Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 8:41 am

I am certain the snapshots of Sharaz Jek with ponies will truly make an impact.

Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Show off your figure collections!!!   Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 10:58 pm

I was looking through the customs pages on doctorwhotoys.net (the website, not the forum) and found some of my old stuff on there! All the customs under the name of 'John Saxon' are all mine. I made them when I was 10 years old, mind... So they're pretty poor. It's funny to look back at them though. Razz

One of the pictures I sent into them though was this one. I must have taken it a couple of years back now, and since it's that time of year I thought it quite appropriate. Smile

Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 7 Xmascustoms

Merry Christmas, WhoNA! santa
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Show off your figure collections!!!   Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 12:24 am

Well I do have some special key chains I bought. shall I post them and share? Smile
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

Number of posts : 1150
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Show off your figure collections!!!   Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 1:37 am

jonwes wrote:
Thanks guys! It might be the last time I strap the Doc and Idris into the TARDIS though. That was a pain! Not sure how kids are supposed to do it. Smile

great pics as always jonwes. looks really good!
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Show off your figure collections!!!   Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 10:09 am

MattyLover11 wrote:
Well I do have some special key chains I bought. shall I post them and share? Smile

Yeah, sure! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7000
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Show off your figure collections!!!   Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 11:19 am

Great pics, jonwes!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Show off your figure collections!!!   Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 5:24 pm

Scary wrote:
MattyLover11 wrote:

Yeah, sure! Very Happy

Ok I will once I take a photo of them. Smile
Back to top Go down
doctorskey
doctorskey

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2009-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Show off your figure collections!!!   Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 4:54 pm

I am going to use one of these pictures for my Christmas card. Any suggestions which one should go out?

Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 7 7usethis100_1357

Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 7 5usethis100_1342

Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 7 4usethis100_1340

Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 7 2usethis100_1336

Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 7 1usethis100_1335

Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 7 Cc5
Back to top Go down
neogeo
neogeo

Number of posts : 2159
Registration date : 2010-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Show off your figure collections!!!   Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 5:23 pm

They're all fantastic doctorskey! I love the miniature boxes (especially the Star Wars ones), but I think if it were me, I'd go with the last one with the very festive Dalek, Tom & (I assume) Frobisher.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Show off your figure collections!!!   Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 5:28 pm

Great Christmas shots! They look brilliant! Very festive! santa
Back to top Go down
doctorskey
doctorskey

PostSubject: Re: Show off your figure collections!!!   Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 5:28 pm

neogeo wrote:
They're all fantastic doctorskey! I love the miniature boxes (especially the Star Wars ones), but I think if it were me, I'd go with the last one with the very festive Dalek, Tom & (I assume) Frobisher.

Yes it is Frobisher aka attack penguin from the Batman Returns line from Kenner.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Show off your figure collections!!!   Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 8:27 pm

doctorskey wrote:
neogeo wrote:

Yes it is Frobisher aka attack penguin from the Batman Returns line from Kenner.

Great pictures!! I like the Tom/Dalek/K9 one. I think using those penguins is very popular for Frobisher, I have the same one!
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Show off your figure collections!!!   Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 8:34 pm

Magnificent pictures, doctorskey! Looks like you put a lot of time into making them.
Back to top Go down
doctorskey
doctorskey

PostSubject: Re: Show off your figure collections!!!   Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 8:43 pm

rdks wrote:
Magnificent pictures, doctorskey! Looks like you put a lot of time into making them.

thank you.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Show off your figure collections!!!   Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 11:44 pm

I know you guys like figure collection photos, but I can't set mine all up at home. Maybe sometime if lil' bro comes over we can walk to the abandoned lot and set them up on those concrete slabs...

But, new addition.

Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 7 400069_2904498132386_1258477937_3291588_1785264357_n

Iz sexy...
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Show off your figure collections!!!   Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 3:34 am

Did you wish really hard?! Razz Laughing
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Show off your figure collections!!!   Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 3:36 am

Thanks for all the kind words about the photos guys! Glad you liked them. Smile

Doctorskey - your photos are great! Here was my favorite:
doctorskey wrote:

Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 7 2usethis100_1336
Back to top Go down
Chuzzlewit
Chuzzlewit

Number of posts : 3864
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Show off your figure collections!!!   Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 9:32 pm

Doctorskey, I too love that picture, all of them in fact. I would buy t-shirts or posters with those images. So very good!

Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2483
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Show off your figure collections!!!   Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 9:53 pm

Doctorskey, I'll concur that Tom Baker in the Tardis (or the final Tom and Dalek in the snow) is the picture to use for Chirstmas cards. Depending on the fan level other folks may not recognize the 8th or 10th Doctors. But Tom's face is well known here in the USA.

but they're all great shots.
Back to top Go down
doctorskey
doctorskey

PostSubject: Re: Show off your figure collections!!!   Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 6:46 am

squishy wrote:
Doctorskey, I'll concur that Tom Baker in the Tardis (or the final Tom and Dalek in the snow) is the picture to use for Chirstmas cards. Depending on the fan level other folks may not recognize the 8th or 10th Doctors. But Tom's face is well known here in the USA.

but they're all great shots.

thank you all.
Back to top Go down
doctorskey
doctorskey

PostSubject: Re: Show off your figure collections!!!   Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 6:48 am

Chuzzlewit wrote:
Doctorskey, I too love that picture, all of them in fact. I would buy t-shirts or posters with those images. So very good!

Feel free to use them. I know there are few places that can make Iron transfers, and I think Wal-mart can do a few things with photos.
Back to top Go down

Show off your figure collections!!!
Page 7 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next