masterkhan
SeaDevil
mattmanw54301
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Star Trek Toy thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Toy thread   Star Trek Toy thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 6:52 pm

Excellent series in all its formats, "STOS" was obviously my tooth cutting series and I thoroughly enjoyed the "Enterprise" series...pity it was cancelled, here are a few of my reminders

Star Trek Toy thread - Page 2 <a href=Star Trek Toy thread - Page 2 Enterprise7_zpse706faf8" />

Star Trek Toy thread - Page 2 <a href=Star Trek Toy thread - Page 2 Villains_zps68e10bf2" />

Star Trek Toy thread - Page 2 <a href=Star Trek Toy thread - Page 2 100_6376_zps943ec26c" />

Enterprise...

Star Trek Toy thread - Page 2 <a href=Star Trek Toy thread - Page 2 GoingOutside_zpsd509156b" />

Star Trek Toy thread - Page 2 <a href=Star Trek Toy thread - Page 2 Bridge_zpsc8b94df2" />
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Toy thread   Star Trek Toy thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 6:44 pm

That line was SO great, and I owned almost all of what you have....nice.

Sadly; I sold them a few years ago when it was certain the line was dead.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Toy thread   Star Trek Toy thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 7:39 am

The Gene Lantern wrote:
That line was SO great, and I owned almost all of what you have....nice.

Sadly; I sold them a few years ago when it was certain the line was dead.

I feel so much more could have been done with the "Enterprise" set. T'pol, Sato & Phlock(?)
could have had different uniforms.
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Toy thread   Star Trek Toy thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 11:00 pm

Got Star Trek Select Worf (and Picard!) today.

This is one GREAT piece. I was one of those people who was a bit skeptical at the whole affair, to be honest. I do like my action figures with articulation. But Spock and Kirk really opened my eyes to how cool these could be, with interchangeable parts and more naturalistic poses AND incredibly cool bases. Kirk was basically two figures in one!

So, Picard seemed like a rude awakening. That's why I've put off getting him this long. If a friend of mine hadn't gotten him so I could see him in real life, and Worf hadn't turned out so cool, I'm not 100% sure I'd have gotten him. But, I think part of this is DST experimenting with what works best with the series. We know that Kirk and Spock were kind of one-offs with a lot of added value to launch the line. That disappointed me at the time, but I understand it. K&S would probably be $40 toys easy right now. But whereas Picard (while a lovely sculpt) seemed to sacrifice too much on the main piece for an elaborate base, Worf has the plainest base yet but is a better piece over all for it, in my view.

The sheer variety of poses and stuff for Worf is so cool! I don't miss the robes at all. All the arms, weapons, and the two heads provides a ton of cool posing options. My pics aren't the best, I was just playing with poses. My only small gripe is that I wish the plastic stairs had a channel to insert the cardboard backing. It doesn't, so it feels a bit like we were just given a piece of cardboard to prop up or lay around rather than a fully integrated base. It's not a huge deal, but it does make it feel less special. That being said. I'd much rather have the money go into pose/accessory options rather than a base.

I do like the Picard piece. Even with the added articulation there isn't a lot of poses he can achieve (phaser aimed up, phaser aimed down) but I'm excited to hear the K&S hands work with him. That's a nice touch and could open up some possibilities. The Borg base does look great, though.

So, anyway.... I hope more are announced soon! It'd be nice if we could get at least one more this year, and try to work up to getting 3/year at least.

Star Trek Toy thread - Page 2 16593245548_8c1deb0893_z
Star Trek Toy thread - Page 2 16779690721_556c524b97_z
Star Trek Toy thread - Page 2 16594682129_e28c63c91e_z
Star Trek Toy thread - Page 2 16779737342_841a9379fb_z
Star Trek Toy thread - Page 2 16779737252_304c3d0e0a_z
Star Trek Toy thread - Page 2 16754971376_7b6960f6f8_z
Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

Number of posts : 1274
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Toy thread   Star Trek Toy thread - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 4:45 am

They really hit one out of the park with Worf. The dioramas for Kirk and Spock were cool, Picard was a little bland, but holy crud the Worf is amazing. Get your hands on it if you can.
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7000
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Toy thread   Star Trek Toy thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 6:27 pm

I got the first wave of ReAction figures today!

Very retro-cool...

Star Trek Toy thread - Page 2 15032510
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Toy thread   Star Trek Toy thread - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 3:15 am

I do really like the ReAction figures.

I found the Nemesis figures and Riker and Troi from Nemesis cheap at a shop in Seattle on a recent trip. It made me want the rest! So...

Star Trek Toy thread - Page 2 Screen10

I like them a lot, other than them not doing a good job of making the grays match at the top of the uniform.

Back to top Go down
Ice Worrier II
Ice Worrier II

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2014-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Toy thread   Star Trek Toy thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 5:07 pm

[quote="Guest"]Excellent series in all its formats, "STOS" was obviously my tooth cutting series and I thoroughly enjoyed the "Enterprise" series...pity it was cancelled, here are a few of my reminders

Star Trek Toy thread - Page 2 P4120018_zps8uskywgq

Star Trek Toy thread - Page 2 P4120017_zpst8abnfhx

Star Trek Toy thread - Page 2 P4120020_zpsj8fhspbk

Star Trek Toy thread - Page 2 P4120019_zpsqrumt4ar

Need to get the Devil in the Dark Spock set now, Also seen some of the Eaglemoss Star Trek vessels and they look alright.
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Toy thread   Star Trek Toy thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 2:37 am

Very cool! I'd love to get that Pike.
Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

Number of posts : 1274
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Toy thread   Star Trek Toy thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 2:42 am

Still need that Pike. BBTS has the Select Spock in stock. I have a pang of sadness when I see him on my shelf. I just re-did my shelves, I will upload pics soon.
Back to top Go down
Ice Worrier II
Ice Worrier II

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Toy thread   Star Trek Toy thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 12:24 pm

Sadly just before taking the Photo's I broke the Microphone off of "Pike's" chair.......must look out my superglue.
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Toy thread   Star Trek Toy thread - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 3:00 pm

I actually found a decently priced Pike! Should be on the way to me soon. Smile
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Toy thread   Star Trek Toy thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 8:53 pm

The second series of ReAction figures arrived...

Star Trek Toy thread - Page 2 15060611
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Toy thread   Star Trek Toy thread - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 5:09 am

Looking forward to grabbing these at some point!
Back to top Go down
Ice Worrier II
Ice Worrier II

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Toy thread   Star Trek Toy thread - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 7:59 am

Uhm is it just me or is Chekov gone AWOL.
Nice set, may get these if Chekov turns up.
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Toy thread   Star Trek Toy thread - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 7:22 pm

I gotta believe there'll be a third wave...they haven't done a Klingon yet, and you can't have a series of Trek figures without a Klingon...

...and yeah, gotta have Checkov...
Back to top Go down
Ice Worrier II
Ice Worrier II

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Toy thread   Star Trek Toy thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 12:00 pm

SeaDevil wrote:
I gotta believe there'll be a third wave...they haven't done a Klingon yet, and you can't have a series of Trek figures without a Klingon...

...and yeah, gotta have Checkov...

and don't forget the Romulans....and the Andorians....throw in a Donut and we can do "City on the edge of forever"...... lol!
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Toy thread   Star Trek Toy thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 09, 2015 2:45 am

More are definitely planned.
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Toy thread   Star Trek Toy thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 7:21 pm

So, a week after I got the Eaglemoss Enterprise-C and the Malon Freighter, I got the Armored Voyager, the Neg'Vhar, a binder....

AND TWO BORG CUBES?!?!

Star Trek Toy thread - Page 2 Img_6411

So weird! I mean, I guess I won't complain... but I am astounded at how utterly terrible these Borg cubes are. I somehow had never seen a pic. And even after hearing the descriptions... I was not prepared for how cheap it was. It's so weird how flat and symmetrical it is. And that they used white for the holes instead of green so it looks totally dumb non lit up. Yikes.
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Toy thread   Star Trek Toy thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 6:04 pm

I got a full case of the new Star Trek "Where No Man Has Gone Before Collection" Titans today...

..they're amazing...!!!

Might be my fave series of Titans ever, so far...

Star Trek Toy thread - Page 2 16092910
...great accessories...Sulu has a communicator, Spock a tricorder, Kirk a phaser, Scotty a wrench, and McCoy and Chapel each come with a hypospray.

Star Trek Toy thread - Page 2 16092911

they each come with one of four little cards that have an ad for the Trek magazine on the back
Star Trek Toy thread - Page 2 16092912

There are only TWO chase variants in this series, and I got the Sulu  (the other is a Kirk wearing his green wrap-around shirt)
Star Trek Toy thread - Page 2 16092913

I think they really are superb.
Back to top Go down
Ice Worrier II
Ice Worrier II

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Toy thread   Star Trek Toy thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2016 11:35 am

What no Chekov?
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Toy thread   Star Trek Toy thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2016 2:56 pm

Ice Worrier II wrote:
What no Chekov?

Well...these are based on the First Season, so Chekov wasn't seen yet...except by Khan...! Wink

Razz
Back to top Go down
Ice Worrier II
Ice Worrier II

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Toy thread   Star Trek Toy thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2016 3:41 pm

SeaDevil wrote:
Ice Worrier II wrote:
What no Chekov?

Well...these are based on the First Season, so Chekov wasn't seen yet...except by Khan...! Wink

Razz

True..... Razz
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Toy thread   Star Trek Toy thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2016 12:14 pm

Here's the Kirk variant...got him today...

Star Trek Toy thread - Page 2 16100510
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Toy thread   Star Trek Toy thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2016 12:45 pm

SeaDevil wrote:
Here's the Kirk variant...got him today...

Star Trek Toy thread - Page 2 16100510
SWEEET!
Back to top Go down

Star Trek Toy thread
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next