5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
masterkhan
masterkhan

Number of posts : 631
Registration date : 2011-10-14

Gerry Anderson needs to be in this! Empty
PostSubject: Gerry Anderson needs to be in this!   Gerry Anderson needs to be in this! EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 12:41 pm

Why no thread to the master of cool?
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Gerry Anderson needs to be in this!   Gerry Anderson needs to be in this! EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 12:51 pm

Not much of an original Thunderbirds series fan, but I did like the movie and the anime series based off of it.

Much love for Space 1999 cheers I liked Space Precinct too.

Back to top Go down
masterkhan
masterkhan

PostSubject: Re: Gerry Anderson needs to be in this!   Gerry Anderson needs to be in this! EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 12:57 pm

Coz it's u, i'll post some images of my 1999 collection later here tonight.Very Happy how about U.F.O.?
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Gerry Anderson needs to be in this!   Gerry Anderson needs to be in this! EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 1:04 pm

masterkhan wrote:
Coz it's u, i'll post some images of my 1999 collection later here tonight.Very Happy how about U.F.O.?

I know I used to have the die cast Interceptor as a kid, but I don't recall actually watching the series.

I don't have any of the Space 1999 goodies anymore Sad I was a kid in Germany when 1999 was airing, and I had all the figures, full size Eagle, all the die cast Eagles... sigh. Definitely one of my favorite sci fi ships.

Still waiting on the 2nd season blu ray set to come out... not so much for the stories (season 1 was so much better) but I like Maya a lot.

Back to top Go down
masterkhan
masterkhan

PostSubject: Re: Gerry Anderson needs to be in this!   Gerry Anderson needs to be in this! EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 1:14 pm

I was only born when the series premiered here but my 8yr older bro had the diecast green one. Infact my two other brothers got eagles and blue tb2s aswell. Because they all had pod with hatch flip doors i remember they would collect flies, cut their wings off, store them in the pods and have adventures.Sometimes even store a live matchstick through the eagle's pod window and reimagine a 2nd season story.
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

Number of posts : 5792
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Gerry Anderson needs to be in this!   Gerry Anderson needs to be in this! EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 3:38 pm

I don't understand why there's not a great love for Gerry Anderson; I think shows like Joe90 are just insanely cool; I mean, who makes shows like this for kids??? Nobody would in this day and age! It would cost a fortune!

Space: 1999 is just incredible...the effects were mind-blowing and the Eagle is the best concept for a space vehicle ever. Okay, the shows were a mixed bag...but still...

UFO has maybe 2 good episodes. The remainder are purely repetitive. Skip the hippie episode...it is really hard to watch after that bomb.

Space Precinct is campy fun. I like it, but I agree it could have been quite a bit better.
Back to top Go down
https://whona.forumotion.com
masterkhan
masterkhan

PostSubject: Re: Gerry Anderson needs to be in this!   Gerry Anderson needs to be in this! EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 6:08 pm

Gerry Anderson needs to be in this! 01110
Back to top Go down
masterkhan
masterkhan

PostSubject: Re: Gerry Anderson needs to be in this!   Gerry Anderson needs to be in this! EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 6:12 pm

Just a couple of eagles i managed to photograph earlier on today. Sorry but the rest of 1999 stuff packed up in storage.Smile Will show more stuff tommorow.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Gerry Anderson needs to be in this!   Gerry Anderson needs to be in this! EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 11:04 pm

I loved 1999! I posted some of my Eagles in my custom/models thread. I still have my original Hawk model, too!! I still have my Dinky Toy Eagles and my UFO Shadow Mobile, but I lost my Interceptor. But, I picked up the Interceptor/Ufo two pack from PE and it is great! I like UFO and for some reason, I think blue hair looks really hot on some woman!
Back to top Go down
masterkhan
masterkhan

PostSubject: Re: Gerry Anderson needs to be in this!   Gerry Anderson needs to be in this! EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 6:00 am

Purple hair and yep G Drake and her silver catsuit. In fact all female Shado Operatives are hot.
Back to top Go down
masterkhan
masterkhan

PostSubject: Re: Gerry Anderson needs to be in this!   Gerry Anderson needs to be in this! EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 6:13 pm

Gerry Anderson needs to be in this! 03310
Back to top Go down
masterkhan
masterkhan

PostSubject: Re: Gerry Anderson needs to be in this!   Gerry Anderson needs to be in this! EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 6:14 pm

Gerry Anderson needs to be in this! 03510
Back to top Go down
masterkhan
masterkhan

PostSubject: Re: Gerry Anderson needs to be in this!   Gerry Anderson needs to be in this! EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 6:14 pm

Gerry Anderson needs to be in this! 03610
Back to top Go down
masterkhan
masterkhan

PostSubject: Re: Gerry Anderson needs to be in this!   Gerry Anderson needs to be in this! EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 6:15 pm

Gerry Anderson needs to be in this! 03810
Back to top Go down
masterkhan
masterkhan

PostSubject: Re: Gerry Anderson needs to be in this!   Gerry Anderson needs to be in this! EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 6:16 pm

Gerry Anderson needs to be in this! 04010
Back to top Go down
masterkhan
masterkhan

PostSubject: Re: Gerry Anderson needs to be in this!   Gerry Anderson needs to be in this! EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 6:16 pm

Gerry Anderson needs to be in this! 04810
Back to top Go down
masterkhan
masterkhan

PostSubject: Re: Gerry Anderson needs to be in this!   Gerry Anderson needs to be in this! EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 6:17 pm

Gerry Anderson needs to be in this! 04910
Back to top Go down
masterkhan
masterkhan

PostSubject: Re: Gerry Anderson needs to be in this!   Gerry Anderson needs to be in this! EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 6:18 pm

Just managed to squeeze time to take these shots. Enjoy!Very Happy
Back to top Go down
masterkhan
masterkhan

PostSubject: Re: Gerry Anderson needs to be in this!   Gerry Anderson needs to be in this! EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 12:28 pm

Gerry Anderson needs to be in this! Untitl10My prize baby. No it's not the original but a studio scale replica based of how she looked in the Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee episodes.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Gerry Anderson needs to be in this!   Gerry Anderson needs to be in this! EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 11:15 pm

the 44 inch one? She is beautiful!
Back to top Go down
masterkhan
masterkhan

PostSubject: Re: Gerry Anderson needs to be in this!   Gerry Anderson needs to be in this! EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 5:26 am

It's the 44' one produced by various garage kit models that took me ten years to correct and build.
And thanks, Ronpur. I'll soon take a shot of her from behind to show how she looks correctly from those sadly inaccurate PE replicas.
P.S. I suppose that must have sound a bit funny !
Back to top Go down
Redfern
Redfern

Number of posts : 1208
Registration date : 2009-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Gerry Anderson needs to be in this!   Gerry Anderson needs to be in this! EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 11:19 am

Yep, Gerrt Anderson's model teams along with the crew who envisioned "2001" forever changed the way we looked at sci-fi design. Even though movies may have gone mostly CGI, nowadays, the themes of "detailed" hardware that looks as though it has actually been used remains with us today.

Can you imagine how "classic" Doctor Who may have looked if the various production teams could have used the resources of Derek Meddings, Brian Johnson, etc.?

Sincerely,

Bill
Back to top Go down
http://www.mzzkiti.com
masterkhan
masterkhan

PostSubject: Re: Gerry Anderson needs to be in this!   Gerry Anderson needs to be in this! EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 1:23 pm

In a way they did. For instance, "Colony In Space" and "Frontier In Space" had guest craft from "Joe 90" and "U.F.O." but not in their natural form. After Gerry Anderson's U.F.O. production had no future for a second series the Century 21 department had sold most of it's model hardware to the BBC special effects department.These models were not iconic vehicles but albeit "guest" models. It's more tragic to know that Anderson's Slough workstore kept all the Supermarionation Puppets and surviving models right up to this period to just either thrown in their rubbish collection skip or virtually given away. Derek took some home for his kids to play with, some reportedly had been rescued from the skip and the rest was taken by the B.B.C. Special Effects Team. During this period around '70,71 Derek moved on to Bond but Brian, who had left after "Thunderbirds",was called back and put in Dereks' role. Meanwhile just before this happened Century 21 was "leasing" their props to movie and t.v. companies. The Bond flick "Diamonds are Forever" had scenes where you'll see Shado computer banks. But the Pertwee story "The Green Death" bites the biscuit by having the whole interior set of the Moonbase Sphere for B.O.S.S. Eventually the props used in U.F.O. turned up in more stories than Pat Gorman, the Dr Who long running stuntman, probably up to the end of Colin Bakers' era.
Back to top Go down
Redfern
Redfern

Number of posts : 1208
Registration date : 2009-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Gerry Anderson needs to be in this!   Gerry Anderson needs to be in this! EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 1:55 pm

Yeah, You're right about that. But the BBC sure as heck did not light those models for best effect. That was an area where Meddings and Johnson excelled. You just can't get similar nuances with video (at least, not at that time) compared to film.

Anybody remember the short lived "Project: UFO"? (Not to be confused with Anderson's U.F.O.) The show had some very interesting and detailed models, but I swear the crew did not know how to light and record those miniatures. As a result, they looked like the 1 and 2 foot long cinstructs they really were.

DW usually suffered from this. Occasionally, they were able to use film and those shots really benefited. A good example were selected shots from "The Invisible Enemy" when they depicted the shuttle launching "Eagle" style. But when they cut to the deep space shots done on video...shudder.

Sincerely,

Bill
Back to top Go down
http://www.mzzkiti.com
masterkhan
masterkhan

PostSubject: Re: Gerry Anderson needs to be in this!   Gerry Anderson needs to be in this! EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 2:12 pm

If only they used Harry Oakes and 35mm cameras. But i sometimes imagine if they shot all Who on film. Suppose you can only with "Spearhead". But i recently seen the Space Police pilot uploaded on YT. IT IS DEFINITELY WORTH WATCHING, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.Wink
Back to top Go down

Gerry Anderson needs to be in this!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next