Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

Rowan Atkinson to appear in the new series.

Go down 
+3
hitman hart
Captain Ironmac
Calixar
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Rowan Atkinson to appear in the new series. Empty
PostSubject: Rowan Atkinson to appear in the new series.   Rowan Atkinson to appear in the new series. EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 12:05 am

From a BBC article - and yes the title is a little misleading but its still interesting!!!

Asked why there had never been a Blackadder feature film, Atkinson said it was "surprisingly tricky" to expand the sitcom format to an hour and a half.

He doesn't see a movie version ever happening. "We've all just gone our different ways, it's very difficult to get people back together.

"It's very difficult to create the comic creative consensus that we all enjoyed in the 1980s - the writers, producers and actors - and even if you get the same people together, they don't necessarily have the same ambitions and attitudes."

Atkinson, who in 1999 starred in a Doctor Who special for Comic Relief, said it had been "a secret ambition" of his at one stage to play the Doctor.

"I remember we were thinking of doing a Blackadder episode called Doctor Whom in which Blackadder would be effectively the Doctor and Baldrick would be his sidekick. But that never came to anything."

Atkinson did reveal he had been approached to appear in the new series, alongside Matt Smith's incarnation of the Time Lord.

"I was offered a role a year last August, but I couldn't do it because of preparations for Johnny English," he said.
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Rowan Atkinson to appear in the new series.   Rowan Atkinson to appear in the new series. EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 12:55 am

Blackadder: Back and Forth was a perfect wrap to the Black Adder. I'm happy with it ending there.

I'd love to see RA show up as an alternate universe Doctor. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
Captain Ironmac
Captain Ironmac

Number of posts : 572
Registration date : 2009-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Rowan Atkinson to appear in the new series.   Rowan Atkinson to appear in the new series. EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 4:45 am

Calixar wrote:
Blackadder: Back and Forth was a perfect wrap to the Black Adder. I'm happy with it ending there.

I'd love to see RA show up as an alternate universe Doctor. Smile

that would be a good episode to watch.

come moffet make it real

Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

Number of posts : 1150
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Rowan Atkinson to appear in the new series.   Rowan Atkinson to appear in the new series. EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 8:37 am

yes, and wait for it........... yes! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Rowan Atkinson to appear in the new series.   Rowan Atkinson to appear in the new series. EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 4:29 pm

The should do a "Dream" sequence episode (yes, I love the Dreamlord, and won't stop championing for his return) where Rowan is Doc 11 and nobody else notices he's changed.
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

Number of posts : 1150
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Rowan Atkinson to appear in the new series.   Rowan Atkinson to appear in the new series. EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 10:21 pm

bret_owen99 wrote:
The should do a "Dream" sequence episode (yes, I love the Dreamlord, and won't stop championing for his return) where Rowan is Doc 11 and nobody else notices he's changed.

i like the dream lord too.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Rowan Atkinson to appear in the new series.   Rowan Atkinson to appear in the new series. EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 10:24 pm

hitman hart wrote:

i like the dream lord too.

I was hoping he would come back. He is one of the couple of Nu Who baddies I actually liked.
Back to top Go down
Shatterbang
Shatterbang

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Rowan Atkinson to appear in the new series.   Rowan Atkinson to appear in the new series. EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 11:13 pm

What if Rowan Atkinson played The Meddling Monk?
Back to top Go down
http://emerdelac.wordpress.com
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Rowan Atkinson to appear in the new series.   Rowan Atkinson to appear in the new series. EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 11:30 pm

Shatterbang wrote:

He'd be great!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
CGren123
CGren123

Number of posts : 2368
Registration date : 2009-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Rowan Atkinson to appear in the new series.   Rowan Atkinson to appear in the new series. EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 9:35 pm

Calixar wrote:
Shatterbang wrote:

He'd be great!

That would be brilliant!
Back to top Go down

Rowan Atkinson to appear in the new series.
Page 1 of 1