Colbster
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Colbster
Colbster

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2008-02-02

Classic episodes revisited? Empty
PostSubject: Classic episodes revisited?   Classic episodes revisited? EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 9:31 pm

I apologize if this has been brought up before, but I was thinking about this today. If you could see any classic episode remade with one of the modern Doctors (9, 10 or 11) Which episode would it be, and with which Doctor?

I would like to see Robots of Death with 10. And for some reason, I think the Sea Devils would be cool with 11.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/CMB76
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Classic episodes revisited?   Classic episodes revisited? EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 10:40 pm

I saw a similar thing on another site, when someone brought up Shada and it being remade for the 8th Doc... and wanting to see it done with Doc 11 on screen.

I wouldn't want any of the classics to be remade.

Now seeing BF audios adapted, that might work for me as long as it was virtually a straight adaptation with no change in the storyline. Just switching characters. I wouldn't want what they did by only taking bits of Spare Parts and turning it into the two part wanna-be poser Cybermen debut.

Back to top Go down
Colbster
Colbster

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2008-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Classic episodes revisited?   Classic episodes revisited? EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 10:44 pm

I don't think they should actually remake any classics, this is just a fun what if type of thing. Basically imagining how another Doctor would handle the situation.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/CMB76
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Classic episodes revisited?   Classic episodes revisited? EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 10:47 pm

Ah, me see...

One that I always thought about... Doc 7 wouldn't have hesitated at all when given the opportunity to wipe out the Daleks in Genesis.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Classic episodes revisited?   Classic episodes revisited? EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 10:47 pm

Wasn't there talk that if the 8th Doctor TV series had taken off, they'd re-do "The Gunfighters?"

... That would be so amazing if it was Amy, Rory, 11, and River in it. They could make it more historically accurate and leave out the singing narration. They could have Rory sing, though...

NOW, THINK ABOUT KAREN GILLAN AND ALEX KINGSTON AS COWGIRLS!

And think about Arthur Darvill as a cowboy! While 11 would whip out the stetson again.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Classic episodes revisited?   Classic episodes revisited? EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 10:52 pm

We practically got a remake of Silurians with that Doc 11 two parter Razz
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Classic episodes revisited?   Classic episodes revisited? EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 10:55 pm

In the book,'Regenerations', they said they planned to remake a lot of old episodes for the 8th Doctor series. With the planned changes they wanted to do to Cybermen and Daleks, I am kind of glad it never happened.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Classic episodes revisited?   Classic episodes revisited? EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 10:59 pm

Ok, I got one.

How about Doc 10 dealing with Project Inferno and an evil 'RSF' Torchwood?

Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Classic episodes revisited?   Classic episodes revisited? EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 11:39 pm

I also would object to reworks of old episodes, since the previous Doctors have been established as part of this same series "continuity."

However, I'm all for more adaptations of Virgin novels (Human Nature) and Big Finish audios (The Fires of Vulcan (The Fires of Pompeii)).
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Classic episodes revisited?   Classic episodes revisited? EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 12:26 am

Matt Smith may get on even worse with his Aztec fling than Hartnell did. Letting the companions learn not to tamper with the timeline is also a rough lesson.

Yes, something close to The Aztecs could be fun with 11.

Although I'll agree that I don't really want to see any remakes. Now a fourth explanation of Atlantis or yet another Lock Ness monster tale could be good for a few inside jokes.
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Classic episodes revisited?   Classic episodes revisited? EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 12:28 am

"Atlantis?" the Doctor sighed, "Not another one. What's next? The Loch Ness Monster?"
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com

Classic episodes revisited?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-
Jump to: