Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
The Castellan
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

Help me identify a film Empty
PostSubject: Help me identify a film   Help me identify a film EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 3:47 am

Hidily ho.

Being a Ufologist, there was a science fiction film I am looking for dealing with an alien ship found, and in the film, this particular symbol, a jacket-like symbol, was a major item in this film, and they found dead aliens inside the ship....and the story ended with a fire, and the scientists running inside the ship to get away from the fire.

Anyone remember anything of this one? It was from the early 1980's, I think. confused scratch
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Help me identify a film   Help me identify a film EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 9:36 am

Not a clue, sorry!
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Help me identify a film   Help me identify a film EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 1:14 pm

The Castellan wrote:
Hidily ho.

Being a Ufologist, there was a science fiction film I am looking for dealing with an alien ship found, and in the film, this particular symbol, a jacket-like symbol, was a major item in this film, and they found dead aliens inside the ship....and the story ended with a fire, and the scientists running inside the ship to get away from the fire.

Anyone remember anything of this one? It was from the early 1980's, I think. confused scratch

Sounds like Hangar 18 to me.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Help me identify a film   Help me identify a film EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 1:34 pm

If Darren McGavin was in it then that was him.

The ship is black with a circular base and somewhat boxy top section? The interior is lit all purple like and they are looking at a screen with these glyphs and as they punch one a display comes up and it shows earth cities and industrial complexes?

If so then it is definitely Hangar 18 alien
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Help me identify a film   Help me identify a film EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 5:55 pm

Which I never saw, so it could be!!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Help me identify a film   Help me identify a film EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 6:43 pm

Speaking of 18's! Anyone going to see Apollo 18? I must say I am intrigued. I am sure the tinfoil hat crowd will be all over it saying that it is real. Rolling Eyes

You missed a nice little film RP, Hangar 18 is based on a number of incidents in the space program.
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

PostSubject: Re: Help me identify a film   Help me identify a film EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 7:03 pm

Whoosier Whovian wrote:
Speaking of 18's! Anyone going to see Apollo 18? I must say I am intrigued. I am sure the tinfoil hat crowd will be all over it saying that it is real. Rolling Eyes

You missed a nice little film RP, Hangar 18 is based on a number of incidents in the space program.

That's the one. Hanger 18 is pretty informative, especially in that era, regarding UFO's and what the governments and military would go to to prevent them from being public, and what they'd have to lose if public....especially in the energy department.......oil would be nothing anymore.

Whoosier, if you want some intriguing stuff, watch Richard C. Hoagland's 'Monuments of Mars' , his 1992 UN appearance, especially the end where the then future Mars probe at the time NOT having live satellite feeds and all discretion to the head of the program, only...which screams conspiracy in waves, and rightfully so, since why let all the say so go to one group?

The ship is black with a circular base and somewhat boxy top section? The interior is lit all purple like and they are looking at a screen with these glyphs and as they punch one a display comes up and it shows earth cities and industrial complexes?

If so then it is definitely Hangar 18 alien

Also, Hanger brings a good point, when comparing the alien symbols with those found on ancient structures here....which actually is true, which points to me that, like in several episodes of Doctor Who, we have not only be visited, but taught stuff, like how to build massive scaled architecture.....especially when considering the massive jumps we had in technology over the 'official' history of humanity.....be it from us sitting in caves and eating bananas to making pyramids......from the horse n' buggy to computers you can carry in your pocket.....the later I think being from reverse engineering.

Those who made Hanger pretty much had right there with what they showed.
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Help me identify a film   Help me identify a film EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 7:27 pm

Whoosier Whovian wrote:
I'll see it. Looks like an interesting piece of fiction.

The Castellan wrote:
Whoosier, if you want some intriguing stuff, watch Richard C. Hoagland's 'Monuments of Mars' , his 1992 UN appearance, especially the end where the then future Mars probe at the time NOT having live satellite feeds and all discretion to the head of the program, only...which screams conspiracy in waves, and rightfully so, since why let all the say so go to one group?
Hoagland intriguing... that's a good one. The only thing intriguing about Hoagland is how anyone can be dumb enough to believe him. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

PostSubject: Re: Help me identify a film   Help me identify a film EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 11:46 pm

rdks wrote:
Whoosier Whovian wrote:
I'll see it. Looks like an interesting piece of fiction.

The Castellan wrote:
Hoagland intriguing... that's a good one. The only thing intriguing about Hoagland is how anyone can be dumb enough to believe him. Rolling Eyes

I remember you criticizing him before in another post a long time ago....might I ask what your problem with him is? I always found him interesting, and having the math and the science to back his claims. Or is this because he is not some official in a lab coat, like in NASA or something? Or is it someone not saying the same old, "there's nothing out there, etc'' thing? I'd really like to know. Have you read or listened to any of his work, and not just some drunk youtube commenters who can't even spell the word tetrahedron? I got some links to some of his most interesting findings and research. And given the fact he's got a pretty good list of credentials gives him more brownie points from me. and I got more respect for him than, say Mr. Hawking...who thinks we should not even try to look for alien life, thinking it will be like what the Native Americans went through.....but he's about 60-70 years too late....being we've bee sending signals into space for decades, and the fact anything out there with a good receiver can pick up television signals, even catch stuff like I love Lucy from the 50's and other stuff....so it's not like we can hide our heads under the sand like Hawking said we should do....that little Davros wannabe is just dealing with his own fears and insecurities.

And you'd pretty much also have to say that to the Russians, Japanese and several UK countries, since he is very well known and accepted there....it's mainly the US that most folks who says he is a cook is from. In the countries I mentioned, the press is always showing, in big numbers to listen to him, but not mainstream American media. If you can handle it, listen to Coast to Coast AM this friday night, he's gonna be on. www.coasttocoastam.com has a list of the radio stations you can catch it on your region.

Anyone wanting to discuss it with me, my YIM is "trogdor_the_burning dragon" and my skype name is "Trogdor89".
Back to top Go down

Help me identify a film
Page 1 of 1