Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Clavius
Clavius

Number of posts : 578
Registration date : 2007-10-03

Doctor Who Chuck Taylor Converse Shoes Empty
PostSubject: Doctor Who Chuck Taylor Converse Shoes   Doctor Who Chuck Taylor Converse Shoes EmptyWed Oct 03, 2007 3:57 pm

Doctor Who Chuck Taylor Converse Shoes DrShoe1Doctor Who Chuck Taylor Converse Shoes DrShoe2

Long time Doctor Who Fan, also long time Converse Chuck Taylor fan (I have many pairs in several colors). So you can imagine my glee when David Tennant started sporting them as The Doctor. My particular fave are the maroon ones he wears.

I had a hard time locating solid maroon Chucks the same as DT wears on the show, however if you go to converse.com, there is a "design your own" section where you can choose a wide variety of colors and design your own Chucks. They then make and ship them to you in about 4 weeks or so ($60 a pair + shipping).

You can select any combination of colors for the inside and outside panels, the tongue, the heel stripe, even the sidwalls and "racing stripe". I just selected maroon for all, with the off-white sidewall and black racing stripe and "voila!" my own pair of Doctor Who Chucks!

You can even have them personalized at no additional charge, so for the extra geeky touch, I added the "tardis" you see above.

Out of all the pairs of Chucks I have, these are currently my favorite. I'm hoping DT starts sporting some new colors in Season 4, I'll get 'em all.

Just wanted to share.
Back to top Go down
ozjenny

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2007-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Chuck Taylor Converse Shoes   Doctor Who Chuck Taylor Converse Shoes EmptyThu Oct 04, 2007 8:35 pm

Wow! These look fantastic! I love the Tardis personalization and applaud your extra-geekery in having it done. Laughing Has anyone said anything to you when you've been wearing them?

*is jealous and grouchy about that whole US-shipping-only thing at converse.com*
Back to top Go down
Clavius
Clavius

Number of posts : 578
Registration date : 2007-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Chuck Taylor Converse Shoes   Doctor Who Chuck Taylor Converse Shoes EmptyThu Oct 04, 2007 9:40 pm

No, no unsolicited comments yet. But that's what's kind of nice about these, I can wear them to work and be a geek covertly, no one really notices the heel area, my pants usually cover it up.

However when the subject of my Chucks fandom comes up, it inevitably comes around to this maroon pair, then I end up giving them a crash course in the history of The Doctor.

BTW, anyone notice that on those rare occasions when you get a good view of DT's shoes, the Chuck Taylor star logo is painted over? Must be a copyright thing.
Back to top Go down
TallGrrl
TallGrrl

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2007-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Chuck Taylor Converse Shoes   Doctor Who Chuck Taylor Converse Shoes EmptySun Oct 28, 2007 8:59 pm

Wow! Those custom-made Tardis sneakers are quite cool.
There is also a company who makes non-logo/non-sweatshop versions of the high-top (and low-rise) old school sneaker.
They're called the Blackspot sneaker and you get them through Adbusters.

http://adbusters.org/metas/corpo/blackspotshoes/home.php

: )
Back to top Go down

Doctor Who Chuck Taylor Converse Shoes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-
Jump to: