Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back!

Go down 
+10
Ronpur
Scary
bret_owen99
Rust
SeaDevil
Calixar
artanyus
TinDogRory
squishy
jaredofmo
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back!   Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 10:08 pm

wait, wait, wait. i cracked the code. i figured it out. she is the eyepatch lady. how? she was born backwards like benjamin button. so she killed the doctor when she was an old woman (really a baby), but then grew up to be a young woman who loved the doctor. it all makes sense now.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back!   Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 10:14 pm

bret_owen99 wrote:
wait, wait, wait. i cracked the code. i figured it out. she is the eyepatch lady. how? she was born backwards like benjamin button. so she killed the doctor when she was an old woman (really a baby), but then grew up to be a young woman who loved the doctor. it all makes sense now.
Or...
Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back! - Page 2 Normal_DW_60x2_Day_of_the_Moon_650
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

PostSubject: Re: Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back!   Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 10:39 pm

you don't know that's river song. that could be someone else. that would be a twist!!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back!   Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 10:48 pm

bret_owen99 wrote:
you don't know that's river song. that could be someone else. that would be a twist!!

I wonder if she's that Mystery Lady in The End Of Time episodes? Ok maybe too obvious. Scratch that idea. Razz Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back!   Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 9:13 am

I have read book series were there is only a release every 6 months to a year, and have taken as long as 4-8 years to reach a conclusion. So a weekly series with plot threads only a few seasons old is nothing. But I love the twists and turns, as long as they are going somewhere!!
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back!   Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 10:01 am

Yeah, I read Jack Whyte's Camulod series... 11 years from start to finish.

Stephen King's Dark Tower took 22 years!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
neogeo
neogeo

Number of posts : 2159
Registration date : 2010-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back!   Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 10:22 am

Mattylover11 wrote:
bret_owen99 wrote:

I wonder if she's that Mystery Lady in The End Of Time episodes? Ok maybe too obvious. Scratch that idea. Razz Laughing

Errr, I believe in interviews (RTD I think it was) said the mystery lady was the Doctor's mom.
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

PostSubject: Re: Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back!   Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 10:23 am

the point is: going somewhere. that the payoff will be worth it. sorry, i lost the faith.
Back to top Go down
thebreen

Number of posts : 879
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back!   Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 10:48 am

You know... I think it WOULD be really cool if River WAS the mystery lady in "End of Time"... and IF mystery lady is indeed the Doctor's mom... River is the Doctor's mom!

Very cool! It would explain the baby cradle thing... didn't the Doctor said it was his? But then it has River's name on it... implying it was originally was hers. He gives it to Melody Pond... who IS River... Then was passed to him when he was a baby... so he could pass it to her... a little cradle of paradox! Wink

It would also go very nicely with the TV Movie claim that the Doctor is part human... on his mother's side. How NEAT!

One small problem with this theory... we saw River 'die' in the Library.

But darn I think that's an exciting idea.
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

PostSubject: Re: Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back!   Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 12:37 pm

It doesn't have River's name on it. Her name was on the cloth inside the cradle.
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

PostSubject: Re: Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back!   Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 1:44 pm

calixar, there was something written on the side of the cradle in gallifreyan. that is what is confusing some of us. if it was the doctor's cradle, wouldn't it be his name? or as thebreen said, if it was handed down to him, it would be the original owner's? if that one part had been left out, and it had just been the cloth, it would have been less confusing.
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

PostSubject: Re: Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back!   Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 2:15 pm

But watch that scene very carefully. River takes the Doctor's hand and points his finger to the INSIDE of the cradle.
The scene then cuts to Amy looking at the OUTSIDE of it.
Then it cuts to the cloth being picked up from INSIDE.
There hasn't even been anything established that the design on the cradle is even writing. It's just a bunch of circles.
Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back! - Page 2 Tumblr_lmqcnm0o8l1qls2m5o1_500
Where did the idea come from that those are letters?
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

PostSubject: Re: Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back!   Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 2:21 pm

and after that, when river was telling her the tardis would translate for her, amy once again looked at the outside of the cradle, and she said she couldn't read it, and river said "it's because it's gallifreyan, it doesn't translate". so, it is words, just gallifreyan words without a translation (the doctor, the doctor's real name, susan, who knows?)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back!   Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 4:33 pm

neogeoMk2 wrote:
Mattylover11 wrote:
bret_owen99 wrote:

Errr, I believe in interviews (RTD I think it was) said the mystery lady was the Doctor's mom.

OK thanks. Couldn't watch the features cause I got a bad box set from Evil bay. Sad
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back!   Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 12:15 am

Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back! - Page 2 253387_262427877104580_127031120644257_1244094_1237615_n

"Hello, Doctor? This is Jack. Stop stealing my look."
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

PostSubject: Re: Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back!   Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 2:43 am

i know everyone thinks i'm a hater, but that is the worst photo of matt smith i have seen. ugly jacket, bad hair. i hope they don't keep this look.
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

Number of posts : 1850
Registration date : 2010-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back!   Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 3:37 am

Is the above photo official? I like the long jacket although it immediately reminds me of the 10th Doctor's look, but I much prefer the short tweed jacket that the 11th Doctor usually wears.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back!   Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 12:04 pm

OH NO, THERE'S A PYRAMID! DOCTOR WHO HAS TURNED ILLUMINATI!

Razz

As for the jacket; eww. Doesn't suit him at all.
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back!   Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 12:35 pm

Looks like he has girly legs too. Shocked
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

PostSubject: Re: Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back!   Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 12:58 pm

they are trying to go with a pertwee vibe, and change the costume up (they already have with the freddy stripes). however, smith is no pertwee, and should stick to the nerdy professor look (with the original jacket, not the one he got shot in by the astronaut).
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back!   Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 1:02 pm

Whoosier Whovian wrote:
Looks like he has girly legs too. Shocked

I think that's Karen's legs. Laughing Though I was like..... Words not suitable for this forum. Laughing
Back to top Go down
neogeo
neogeo

PostSubject: Re: Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back!   Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 3:03 pm

Scary wrote:

Razz

That explains why he was in the Blue Room!!!! I thought he just needed to borrow a square & compass. farao

As for the jacket, I have one very similar so there! Twisted Evil Wink
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back!   Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 3:58 pm

neogeoMk2 wrote:
Scary wrote:

Razz

That explains why he was in the Blue Room!!!! I thought he just needed to borrow a square & compass. farao

Hehehehehe, you can make a custom of yourself when CO make a figure of this costume! Razz
Back to top Go down
neogeo
neogeo

PostSubject: Re: Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back!   Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 4:16 pm

Scary wrote:
neogeoMk2 wrote:
Scary wrote:

Razz

Hehehehehe, you can make a custom of yourself when CO make a figure of this costume! Razz

Take the body of Matt (add some putty to his middle), and Matt's head from the straightjacket version & you get close. Oh, and get ride of the bowtie. I always tied Windsors when I wore a suit. Actually, Yana's body & straightjacket Matt's head is pretty darn close to me when I was in my late 20s in appearance & dress.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back!   Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 4:36 pm

neogeoMk2 wrote:
Scary wrote:
neogeoMk2 wrote:
Scary wrote:

Razz

Take the body of Matt (add some putty to his middle), and Matt's head from the straightjacket version & you get close. Oh, and get ride of the bowtie. I always tied Windsors when I wore a suit. Actually, Yana's body & straightjacket Matt's head is pretty darn close to me when I was in my late 20s in appearance & dress.

That's actually awesome! One of the main reasons why the 8th Doctor shares top place as 'my favourite Doctor' with Tennant is because of his beyond-cool dress sense. Wink
Back to top Go down

Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next