Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

Matt Smith and Karen Gillan at Comic-Con next month!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
happydalek
happydalek

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2007-02-02

Matt Smith and Karen Gillan at Comic-Con next month! Empty
PostSubject: Matt Smith and Karen Gillan at Comic-Con next month!   Matt Smith and Karen Gillan at Comic-Con next month! EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 5:59 pm

Isn't that neat? Maybe I'll go check it out:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/comic-con-2011-doctor-who-207342
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith and Karen Gillan at Comic-Con next month!   Matt Smith and Karen Gillan at Comic-Con next month! EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 6:05 pm

Hope she doesnt show up drunk and naked, oh wait-a-minute. Razz
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith and Karen Gillan at Comic-Con next month!   Matt Smith and Karen Gillan at Comic-Con next month! EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 6:30 pm

happydalek wrote:
Isn't that neat? Maybe I'll go check it out:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/comic-con-2011-doctor-who-207342

If I was in the area, I'd only go if they were actually going to be signing autographs (which might be the case, since Karen is doing autographs at the London show next weekend).

I've never been to SDCC (never want to go either... just too big for me) but my impression was that not all the stars that show up to do panels do autos as well. Even so, with the amount of people that go there, I'm sure the auto lines would be rather unreal and much tougher to get through to see everyone you would like to meet.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith and Karen Gillan at Comic-Con next month!   Matt Smith and Karen Gillan at Comic-Con next month! EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 6:45 pm

YAY! Oh wait why am I yaying? Sad Crying or Very sad Laughing I can't go to this. Live in the middle scenic nowhere. Crying or Very sad Too far away. What else is new. Everything is for me. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith and Karen Gillan at Comic-Con next month!   Matt Smith and Karen Gillan at Comic-Con next month! EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 7:00 pm

Mattylover11 wrote:
YAY! Oh wait why am I yaying? Sad Crying or Very sad Laughing I can't go to this. Live in the middle scenic nowhere. Crying or Very sad Too far away. What else is new. Everything is for me. Crying or Very sad

Welcome to my world. In the heyday of sci fi cons in the 80s and 90s, I grew up in a small Texas border town just 3 miles from Mexico, and 150 miles to the nearest city. Then becoming a poor college then later grad student, no way could afford to get to any of the big shows happening out of state.

Even now, it's still the same story. All the really big shows you'd have to get to the East/ New England or West Coast. That's air fare, hotel, the pricey ticket level to guarantee you priority access in the auto lines, then the auto fees themselves, then money to buy other goodies you see for sale in dealers rooms... sigh.

There are some decent shows in Texas, but outside of Wizard now doing a Comic Con in Austin, that means a drive to Houston or Dallas... fuel money on top of the show stuff. You might catch maybe one or two big names every now and then, but most of the major stars won't come out for anything except those major shows, and way more guests show up too than 'local' ones.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith and Karen Gillan at Comic-Con next month!   Matt Smith and Karen Gillan at Comic-Con next month! EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 7:35 pm

Cruel Angel wrote:
Mattylover11 wrote:

Welcome to my world. In the heyday of sci fi cons in the 80s and 90s, I grew up in a small Texas border town just 3 miles from Mexico, and 150 miles to the nearest city. Then becoming a poor college then later grad student, no way could afford to get to any of the big shows happening out of state.

Even now, it's still the same story. All the really big shows you'd have to get to the East/ New England or West Coast. That's air fare, hotel, the pricey ticket level to guarantee you priority access in the auto lines, then the auto fees themselves, then money to buy other goodies you see for sale in dealers rooms... sigh.

There are some decent shows in Texas, but outside of Wizard now doing a Comic Con in Austin, that means a drive to Houston or Dallas... fuel money on top of the show stuff. You might catch maybe one or two big names every now and then, but most of the major stars won't come out for anything except those major shows, and way more guests show up too than 'local' ones.

* Sighs and cries for both of us. * Sad
Back to top Go down

Matt Smith and Karen Gillan at Comic-Con next month!
Page 1 of 1