Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7000
Registration date : 2009-08-11

Babylon 5 - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 11 EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 8:18 am

Sic Transit Vir - Let me just say that I love Vir as one of my favorite characters, so I'm all about an episode that features him. Besides, this is a pretty good one. His fiancee Lyndisty is a gleeful nut job. I'm proud of Vir for his efforts to help Narn refugees. If only he hadn't gotten caught.

A Late Delivery from Avalon - There was a time that I didn't like this one particularly, but the more I watch it the more I love it. Michael York is outstanding as Arthur and it is he who really sells the story to me. Arthur's friendships with Marcus and G'Kar are also at the heart of the episiode. I gotta say that I believe Marcus was right and Stephen was wrong concerning Arthur's disposition. My favorite scene is in the bar with Arthur and G'Kar after their fight with the thieves. "They made an agreeable thump."

Ship of Tears - I love Bester, too, so I'm always up for an appearance from everyone's least-favorite Psi Cop. Here though, he becomes an unexpected ally. "The enemy of my enemy is my friend." Walter Koening should have won an Emmy at some point for playing Bester. He's absolutely amazing in every single episode.

Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 11 EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 9:02 am

Oh, I forgot to mention, I've always wanted an Army of Light uniform, too. Super sweeeet!
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 11 EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 9:30 am

SeaDevil wrote:
Oh, I forgot to mention, I've always wanted an Army of Light uniform, too. Super sweeeet!

Have you ever seen the jackets they gave the cast and crew at the end of season 3?

Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 11 EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 10:10 am

Walkabout

Stephen is still seeking to meet himself, Ulkesh arrives on B5, and the Army of Light decides to test their possible weapon by pitting Lyta against a Shadow vessel.
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 11 EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 10:22 am

Cruel Angel wrote:
SeaDevil wrote:

Have you ever seen the jackets they gave the cast and crew at the end of season 3?

Hmmmm...not sure. You got a pic?
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 11 EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 11:03 am

Bytes from Walkabout-

"And what guarantees will you give me that the Narn cruiser will not open fire on a Centauri vessel as it approaches Babylon 5?"

"The same guarantee that I gave when I said that none of the Narns would break into your quarters in the middle of the night and slit your throat."

"Mr Garibaldi, you have never given me that promise."

"You're right. Sleep tight."
-----
*** I love the shot of Ulkesh's ship rising to look at Sheridan as he is standing out on the cargo stabilizers ***
-----
"He (Warleader Na'Kal) doesn't want to go ."

"Of course he doesn't. It's easy to fight when you got a lot of ships to work with. The real crunch comes when you're down to almost nothing. Then you either play it safe and you probably lose it all, or you take a chance.

After everything we've been through with your people, Sheridan was crazy to send our pilots out to fight for you and your ship. They didn't want to get blown out of the sky and leave B5 defenseless, and they sure as Hades didn't want to die! But they did it because Sheridan told them to do it and because it was right."

"But this time it is possible he could be wrong."

"Yeah, it's possible. But you don't follow orders because you know it's gonna work out. You do what you're told because your CO has the moral authority that says you may not come back, but the cause is just and fair and necessary."
-----
"Before, I told you I don't have a piece of Kosh. But it's possible- I don't know for sure, but it may be someone else does."
-----
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 11 EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 11:10 am

SeaDevil wrote:
Cruel Angel wrote:
SeaDevil wrote:

Hmmmm...not sure. You got a pic?

Here's the front and rear view. I rolled the shoulders forward so you could see the side patches.

Babylon 5 - Page 11 B5jacketfront

Babylon 5 - Page 11 B5JacketRear

Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 11 EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 11:41 am

Ahhh, yes. I do remember this jacket. Jeff Conaway was wearing one at one of the cons I saw him at.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 11 EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 11:45 am

SeaDevil wrote:
Ahhh, yes. I do remember this jacket. Jeff Conaway was wearing one at one of the cons I saw him at.

Yeah, Bruce was wearing his when he came out on stage at the show I saw him at. It was so sweet.

Then when the official fan club announced they would be doing a limited run of them for sale, I was GIMMIE GIMMIE GIMMIE

Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 11 EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 8:51 am

Grey 17 is Missing

Easily a finishing candidate for worst ep of the series.

Might not be too many redeemable quotes in this one. I tend to block it from conscious memory.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 11 EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 9:58 am

Bytes from Grey 17 is Missing-

*** I forgot this was the one where Delenn takes over the Rangers.

I loved the anecdote that Jason tells about this one.

The cast was pretty much in the dark just as the viewers were on what was going to be happening. They got their script for the next ep only about a week before filming, and they all knew that their characters (and their time on the series) could end out of nowhere.

Apparently Jason had a little bit of a attitude when he joined the series, being British, well trained, etc. The cast and crew decided to take him down a notch, so when this script came out, everyone started coming up to Jason giving him condolences, encouragement, etc. He asked why, and they asked him- you havent read the new script have you? Marcus dies. At first he doesnt believe it, but then they show him the scene where he is fighting Neroon, and the part where he's down, says the oath, Neroon hauling back and the direction <Marcus prepares for the death blow>

Jason fell for it and they let him go for a while before telling him the truth and giving him the final scene. ***
-----
"Strange... that a human in his last moments should be more of a Minbari than I. Perhaps it is true what Delenn said: That we are not of the same blood, but we are of the same heart."

"The next time... the next time you want a revelation, could you possibly find a way that isn't quite so uncomfortable?"
-----

Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 11 EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 7:42 pm

And the Rock Cried Out, No Hiding Place

Hey Refa, say hello to the Narn Bat Squad cheers

Z minus 14 days...

That was a thrill when it popped up. JMS had kept the title of the season finale a secret up until the end, so when you saw that Z in there, you could guess where the season (and Sheridan) were going to end up Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 11 EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 9:20 pm

Bytes from- And the Rock Cried Out, No Hiding Place

"Mr Garibaldi, I am in need of a favor. Once before, after my word fell to the Centauri, I asked you to bring a message from there."

"Yeah. We had the Rangers smuggle it out on a data crystal."

"I now need something smuggled into my homeworld."

"Okay. How big?"

"About this big and this wide."

"You?"
-----
"Delenn- the battles, the war- they need me here. I mean, today the Shadows, tomorrow the galaxy-"

"Yes, John. Of course, John. Whatever you say, John."
-----
*** And of course a special dedication going out to Lord Refa from the Narn Bat Squad. They love ya! ***

And when the sinners gonna be runnin'
At the knowledge of their fate
They're gonna run to the rocks and the mountains
But their prayers will be too late

You know, they never thought about Jesus
Not knowing the end was now here
But they'll be runnin' tryin' to find a hidin' place
When it comes their time to die
-----
"The White Star was never intended to be one of a kind. It was only the first."
-----
*** And Sheridan finally gets Delenn smoochies in real time ***

Z minus 10 days...

Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 11 EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 8:38 am

Shadow Dancing

Franklin gets some real tough love from himself, and the Army of Light gives the Shadows some love too.

So much so, that the Shadows return the favor and send to the station a surprise visitor Laughing
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 11 EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 9:36 am

Bytes from Shadow Dancing-

Z minus 7 Days...

*** I realize that most viewers by now had figured out who the visitor in Delenn's flash forward was, but probably would have been better if they were able to back list Melissa in the end credits... too bad SAG rules got in the way. ***
-----
"You offered to help, he walked away."

"I know. Thing is, sometimes people walk away because they want to be alone. Sometimes they walk away because they want to see if you care enough to follow them into Hades."
-----
"Jessie, I told you to stay away from strange people. You don't know where he's been."
-----
"I wanna do it again."

"Is that right? Well then get up off the dam floor. I don't care how much it hurts. Don't you go passing out on me, because that's just another kind of running away. Now you take responsibility. Show me that you want it. You get up off the dam floor! Get up on your own two feet. You stand up. You stand up!"
-----
*** I seriously love the Vree saucer's antimatter cannons. Kinda like their equivalent of an A-10s Avenger cannon ***
-----
"So here's the big question: now that we've shown them we can hurt them, how long til they come knocking at our front door?"
-----
"I guess I found what I needed, not what I wanted."

"Which was?"

"A short, sharp kick to the head."

"Well I could have done that for you. All you had to do was ask."

"Yeah, but you would have enjoyed it too much."
-----
"And what are you?"

"Alive. Everything else is negotiable."
-----
*** and of course there is only one way to end this... ***

"Hello. I'm Anna Sheridan. John's wife."

cheers

Z minus 2 days....

Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 11 EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 5:52 pm

Z'ha'dum

Enough said cheers
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 11 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 8:06 am

Interludes and Examinations - Londo's not gonna get rid of Morden that easy. Morden's arranged murder of Adira seals that. Londo breaking down into tears gets me every time.

War Without End - Thrilling, epic two-parter tying up some loose ends to Sinclair's story in addition to some startling revelations about his destiny. I gotta admit, as much as I like Sheridan, it is great seeing Sinclair again. We also get a glimpse into Sheridan's future as a captive of Emperor Mollari. Another B5 masterpiece.

Walkabout - We get our first look at just how powerful Lyta has become since her return when she accompanies Sheridan in a strike against the Shadows. I just wanted to stand up and cheer when G'Kar arrives on the battlefield with the fleet he assembled from the League, forcing the Shadows to retreat.

Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 11 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 10:18 am

SeaDevil wrote:
Interludes and Examinations - Londo's not gonna get rid of Morden that easy. Morden's arranged murder of Adira seals that. Londo breaking down into tears gets me every time.

What really makes it a worse tragedy is that even though Londo has racked up a major death toll because of him doing the wrong thing... he lost Adira because he did the right thing - severing his ties with Morden, and forcing Refa to do the same.

Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 11 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 10:52 am

Londo Mollari himself is a tragic character. Truly. It's heartbreaking.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 11 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 10:59 am

I always picture him on the throne in the palace... with his keeper, in the dark, alone, his planet in ruins...

And enduring that for the next 20 or so years, suffering in silence, knowing it was his fault.

Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 11 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 11:36 am

All he wanted was the glory days of the Centauri Empire back. He was a patriot. But as Vir said to Morden, "Some favors come at too high a price." Well put.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 11 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 7:49 pm

Well,back from vacation, time to get back to Babylon 5!!
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 11 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 7:51 am

Grey 17 is Missing -
Cruel Angel wrote:
Easily a finishing candidate for worst ep of the series.
I would agree. The only reason to watch is the B-story with Delenn taking over the Rangers instead of Neroon. Good Marcus episode, too.

And the Rock Cried Out, No Hiding Place - Lord Refa finally gets his, thanks to a crafty trap set by Londo. The gospel singing along with Refa's demise at the hands of the Narn is wonderfully poetic.

Shadow Dancing - Easily my favorite Andy Gibb song. Pretty good episode, too. Finally Franklin "meets himself" in walkabout, and boy does the "Franklin" he meet have a lot to say to himself. This story thread lasted way too long, but I'm glad it had a satisfying payoff.

Z'ha'dum - Like Angel, I don't know what to say about this one - or at least where to begin. Anna Sheridan, Shadows surrounding B5, "If you go to Z'ha'dum you will die," Morden, Sheridan saying goodbye to Delenn, nukes, scream, jump...! Breathtaking.

Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 11 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 11:14 am

Ok, time for one episode.

Hour of the Wolf-

So what happened to Sheridan? Let's go find out.

Everyone say hello to Cartagia!
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 11 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 7:50 am

Hour of the Wolf - All the hot babes go to kick arse at Z'ha'dum and Londo realizes that Emperor Cartagia is a certified nutbag and has to go. Wortham Krimmer is absolutely marvellous as Cartagia. Gleefully insane. I can't help but watch the eyes.

What Ever Happened to Mr. Garibaldi? - A good question which G'Kar intends to find the answer too - even at his own peril. Sadly Marcus leaves him alone and bad things happen. Again. Will Marcus ever learn not to leave people he's there to help? Londo enlists the aid of Vir and the now captured G'Kar to help him in his plan for the removal of Cartagia. It's gonna get good...

Back to top Go down

Babylon 5
Page 11 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next