Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Babylon 5 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 7 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 11:47 pm

Bytes from Acts of Sacrifice-

"The first casualty of war is always the truth."

*** Yeah Captain Smiley... too bad u didn't remember that when u let ISN punk you during the civil war ***
-----
"6 months ago, they were hardly aware of me. Now, suddenly, everyone is my friend. Everyone wants something. I wanted respect. Instead, I have turned into a wishing well with legs."
-----
*** You know, with the Lumati's philosophy about letting evolution take its course and eliminating the inferior races... they would get along well with the Shadows Razz ***
-----
"Why is everyone here walking around like they're afraid of me?"

"Because maybe we are."

"What are you talking about? I would never harm you or the others."

"Maybe, maybe not. I don't know you anymore, Londo. None of us do."
-----
"We have isolated ourselves from inferior species, but you, you have shown the will to isolate the genetically inferior parts of your own species as an evolutionary protection. "

"I don't think you understand, this wasn't intentional."

"You are too modest. It's a brilliant move, Commander. You see, you isolate the genetic pool. You limit their chances for procreation. You create a work force without a power base to challenge you. This is not something we have thought of, but it's something we will institute in our world at the first opportunity."
-----
"Who knew that they treat sex like we treat handshakes? Maybe you should talk to the captain."

"I can't I linked him a note before the meeting, telling him everything was taken care of. I can't go back now and tell him everything has fallen apart."

"Well, you could put a bag over his head and do it for Babylon 5..."
-----
*** And here it is- Ivanova style Razz ***

"Boom sha-ba-la-ba-la, boom sha-ba-la-ba-la...
Hey there, hey there, three bags full.
You come here often? Yes, I do.
Dinner! Sha-ba-la-ba-la!
Drink! Sha-ba-la-ba-la!
Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!

How do you like it so far?

I slept with you the other night.
You didn't call. You didn't write.
I think you did it just for spite!

Oh, yes! Oh, yes! Oh, yes! Oh, yes!
Tell me about your portfolio.
Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!
Lie to me about your family.

Oh yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! (then screams).

God you're good."

"What do I do now?"

"Old style, you roll over and go to bed. New style, you go out for pizza, and I never see you again."

"Perhaps I'll call you before I go..."
-----
"Next time, my way."
-----
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

Babylon 5 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 7 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 11:55 pm

Quote :
"Londo, don't do this!

"I have no choice!"

"Yes you do!
Londo, please, I know you don't listen to me, but I'm asking you just
this one time, don't do this! There's no turning back one you start down
that road. "

"Do I have to go find him (Morden) myself?"

"No, no, I'll go. I'll go and bring him back. And someday, I'm going to remind you of this conversation."

I loved this exchange. Vir tries desperately to get Londo to do the right thing, but not to the point that he forces Londo to push him away. While some might see it as weakness on Vir's part, if Vir had not stayed close to Londo, who knows if Londo would have ever been redeemed.

Seriously, I could gush for hours on the character of Londo Mollari. I went from liking, to despising, to feeling sorry for him. Culminating beautifully in The Very Long Night of Londo Mollari, which I do believe I shall sit down and watch tomorrow.

" Whether it was me or my world, whether it was a total stranger or your worst enemy, you were a witness! It doesn't matter if they stopped. It doesn't matter if they'd listen. You had an obligation to speak out!"
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Babylon 5 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 7 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 12:00 am

Rust wrote:

Seriously, I could gush for hours on the character of Londo Mollari. I went from liking, to despising, to feeling sorry for him. Culminating beautifully in The Very Long Night of Londo Mollari, which I do believe I shall sit down and watch tomorrow.

Did you read the Centauri Prime book trilogy?

Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Babylon 5 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 7 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 12:05 am

Calixar wrote:
I gotta say, this thread is making me seriously want to watch the series again. Haven't seen it since the first run on TV.

Not since the first run? affraid

To borrow Ferris-

It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend viewing it again. Razz
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Babylon 5 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 7 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 12:07 am

Cruel Angel wrote:

I'm afraid I've never read any of the B5 novels. A crime, I know.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Babylon 5 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 7 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 12:24 am

Rust wrote:
Cruel Angel wrote:

I'm afraid I've never read any of the B5 novels. A crime, I know.

Well, only certain ones should be read. Most of the first run weren't canon so you aren't missing much there.

Reason I asked is that if you love Londo, you'd really enjoy that trilogy if you get to it someday. Goes into a lot of what happened on Centauri Prime during the Drakh occupation, and how they are eventually defeated. Lots of love for Londo, Vir, and some others you got to see in the series. You also get to find out what happened with David Sheridan and the urn.

And they were written by Peter David Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

Babylon 5 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 7 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 9:01 am

On to re-watching season two for me...

Points of Departure - Sheridan arrives and suddenly the whole show just "elevates." That, boys and girls, is the pure charisma of Bruce Boxleitner. Story-wise, the reason for the end of the Earth-Minbari War is finally revealed - but there's still more to tell...

Revelations - Delenn finally emerges - and it's a stunning reveal. One of my favorite B5 moments. G'Kar returns with a warning that falls on deaf ears. They're gonna regret that...

The Geometry of Shadows - Where do I begin? Elric the Technomage (the brilliant Michael Ansara) and Londo's attempts to gail favor with him are both comical and frightening. Elric does give him a message eventually, but it's not quite what Londo expected. Centauri Lord Refa is introduced. Keep an eye on that one. However, I gotta say I love Ivanova and the Drazi problem. It could be my favorite part of the episode. Great episode all -around!

A Distant Star - While attempting to recsue the Cortez from being lost forever in hyperspace, Lt. Keffer sees something...a ship of some kind... Meanwhile on B5, Franklin has a new "food plan" ("it's not a diet!") for the command staff and they aren't too happy about it.

Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Babylon 5 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 7 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 8:02 am

The Long Dark - Ugh. Another "monster on the station" story. Even Dwight Schultz can't save this one.

A Spider in the Web - Great cast, including Michael Beck, Adrienne Barbeau, Jessica Walter, and the first appearance of Jeff Conaway as Zack. Glad he became a regular. Sad Jeff's now gone. Tragic. Anyhow, ripping good story featuring Talia.

Soul Mates - Londo's wives - "Famine, Pestulance, and Death," arrive and he gets to choose which one to keep. Meanwhile, Delenn asks Ivanova for help with her new locks. All funny stuff. Very enjoyable.

A Race Through Dark Places - One of my favorites from this season. Bester returns to B5 to derail the underground railroad for rogue telepaths secretly happening on the station. Who's the mastermind and where do Talia's loyalties lie? Surprises abound...

Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Babylon 5 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 7 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 4:35 pm

Hunter, Prey

Clark-ie and his cover-ups... makes you wonder just how many people in the govt were in the know, and how many were truly clueless and just buying whatever Clark was selling them.

Oh yeah, this doctor who was the president's personal physician (and prolly had to go thru tons of clearance checks and psi scans to get that job) all of a sudden decided to steal high level secrets and make a run for it. Now we have to hunt him down, and it's okay if you have to kill him.

Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Babylon 5 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 7 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 5:53 pm

Bytes from Hunter, Prey-

"You see why we quarantined this whole area (Bay 13). The last maintenance crew we let in here never wanted to come back. They kept having dreams about this thing. They said it talked to them in their sleep."
-----
"Michael, do you ever consider climbing out of the barracks and looking around at the world?"

"Yeah, I will... when people stop shooting at me."
-----
"He's the best there is."

"Stephen, the last time you vouched for a doctor friend of yours, we had three dead bodies, half the station was trashed, and an Ikarran war machine was burning through decks and shooting everything."
-----
"Find Jacobs before they do. Have him dictate a sworn statement, and get him off this station- alive."

"Fine. No problem. You want mayo on that?"
-----
"So maybe now you will admit you were wrong about Jacobs?"

"I didn't say i believed them."

"You didn't say you believed me either."

"I don't believe anybody."

"What a wonderful world you must live in."

"Well, the rent is cheap, the pay is decent and I get to make my own hours."
-----
"Won't you be recognized?"

"Are you kidding? First, I don't get into Down Below a lot. Second, when I do, they don't see me, they see the badge. And third, I have an excellent disguise. Let's go."

"Why is my life suddenly passing in front of my eyes..."
-----
"You know, ever since I got here, I've had the feeling that you've been watching me. The record shows that you hardly ever went to council meetings until I showed up. When I was captured, it was you that reached out and touched my mind. And now you call me here. Why? Just to throw me out? Are we just toys to you? Huh? What do you want !?! "

"Never ask that question."
-----
"I will teach you. About you, until you are ready."

"For what?"

"To fight legends."

*** Epic line from the Kosh man cheers ***
-----
"All right. We'll also need to get a statement from you-- OWWWW! Do you mind? You were his teacher- what did he get in First Aid class?"

(Stephen interjects) "4.0"

(Jacobs corrects him) "3.7"

"What?"

"OWWWWW!"
-----
"Is there any way we can get him off the station?"

"Not a chance. They've got every docking bay covered."

"Not entirely correct, Mr Garibaldi."

"He's got a plan. I can tell. He's got that look."
-----
"Until next time, Captain."

"There's always a next time, isn't there?"

"You better pray it stays that way, Captain. Because as long as there is a next time, at least there is a chance we'll win. Because in this war, Captain, we need all the chances we can get."
-----

Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Babylon 5 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 7 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 6:07 pm

There All the Honor Lies

Oh, those pesky Star Killer hatin Minbari...

Much love for Julie Caitlin Brown as Guinevere Corey. Under all that Narn makeup, who knew?

And also some love for the B5 Emporium and the poor teddy bear.

In case anybody hadn't heard the story behind Ba-bear-lon 5: the actual teddy bear was a gift to JMS from Peter David's wife. JMS doesn't like "cute", so he decided to have the bear show up and end up being spaced in this episode.

However, Peter got his revenge when he did his series Space Cases. In an ep, the crew finds the bear floating in space. One of the crew goes- what sort of dope would toss a perfectly good bear into space? Then later in the ep it was said that the bear was a victim of the 'evil Straczyn Empire.'

Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Babylon 5 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 7 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 7:06 pm

SeaDevil wrote:

Soul Mates - Londo's wives - "Famine, Pestulance, and Death," arrive and he gets to choose which one to keep. Meanwhile, Delenn asks Ivanova for help with her new locks. All funny stuff. Very enjoyable.

I loved that episode. I especially loved his choice at the end, and his reasons for it.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Babylon 5 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 7 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 7:27 pm

Rust wrote:
SeaDevil wrote:

I loved that episode. I especially loved his choice at the end, and his reasons for it.

Possible Spoiler for the Centauri Prime trilogy-

Spoiler:

Timov rocks cheers
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Babylon 5 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 7 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 7:57 pm

Bytes from There All the Honor Lies-

"Why don't they just open up a gift shop?"

"That's exactly what they are doing in the Zocalo right now. It will sell to residents, tourists, visiting VIPs, anyone who wants a gift for themselves or for the folks back home. You know- dolls, jackets, toys."

"Welcome to Babylon 5, the last best hope for a quick buck. This is demeaning. I mean, we're not some deep space franchise. This station is about something."

*** Preach on, Sister Ivanova cheers ***
-----
"Oh, Commander, while you are handling this whole store situation... could you see if they have any baseball caps? (unconvincingly) For my sister."

*** I gave my Agamemnon ship cap to my friend, but I still have my B5 station cap Very Happy ***
-----
"Death first."
-----
"Find that Minbari witness. I'm sure he will back me up."

"All right. Description?"

(thinks for a moment) "Bald with a bone in his head."
-----
"Why would he want my link? It's useless once it's reported stolen. It's hot. He must know he'd have to get rid of it."

"Maybe it's because it's the one thing he knew you'd want back. And maybe, he wanted you to chase him down the hall."

"You do have a suspicious mind. I like that."
-----
"Minbari do not lie, Captain."
-----
"You, Officer, take me to Captain Sheridan."

"Zack Allan, Maam. Are you expected?"

"No. Dreaded."
-----
"Guinevere Cory, Captain. I'm your lawyer. May I ask what you were discussing here?"

"The only thing that matters- the truth."

"Ah yes, the favorite song of the legally ignorant."
-----
"Never fear answers. Only fear running out of questions."
-----
*** After the later episode when Vir I think comments about hearing how beautiful the PakMaRa sing, I wondered if they were the singers that Kosh took Sheridan to see, or showed him a vision of***
---
"Another lesson? What this time?"

"Beauty. In the Dark."

"Must be working. You're beginning to talk just like a Vorlon."
-----
"It's a mockery (Londo's doll from the Emporium). It doesn't even have any... attributes."

"Attributes?"

"Do I have to spell it out for you?"

"Oh, I see. So you feel like you're being symbolically cast-- in a bad light."

"Well put."
-----
"I do not lie when I say this could have been a major embarrassment for all concerned."

"Oh, I'm sure, Ambassador. You don't lie. The Minbari don't lie. No one around here--"

"Who said the Minbari don't lie?"
-----
"I never thought there could be anything worse than being all alone in the night."

"But there is- being all alone in a crowd."
-----
"Feeling better?"

"No. I can't seem to count past... 14"

"Your first hangover. Enjoy it. I remember my first hangover. Well, actually, that's not true. If I remembered it, it wouldn't be a real hangover."
-----
"Vir, stay. If you go, as a matter of honor, I will have to go with you. And if I am forced to leave this place with all of its marvelous opportunities, I will have to kill you. What are friends for?"
-----
"Zeta One have you encountered unidentified object? Can you describe it?"

"Negative Babylon Control. I don't think so. Not on a bet."
-----

Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Babylon 5 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 7 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 8:10 pm

And Now for a Word

The 'nice' ISN special episode Razz
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Babylon 5 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 7 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 9:39 pm

Bytes from And Now for a Word-

"... the most important rule to survive on Babylon 5- expect the unexpected."
-----
"36 Hours, sponsored by Interplanetary Expeditions- Exploring the past to create a better future."
-----
"It just sounds to me like jingoism and self deception and armchair quarterbacking. Anytime you lose a war, you just wait a few years and you'll hear from everyone who thought we could have won if only they'd done the fighting."

"Except of course, Captain, that we didn't lose the war. The Minbari did surrender."

(Sheridan opens his mouth to respond, then catches himself and lets it go)
-----
"When the captain is otherwise engaged with diplomatic or business affairs, this place (C and C) is under the watchful eye of its perky and energetic Commander Susan Ivanova."
-----
"What do I hope for? I hope that I can get through this interview without getting fired."
-----
"It's Ambassador Kosh over here!"

"Mackie, quick! The camera! Ambassador Kosh! Ambassador! Cynthia Torqueman, ISN News. Can we ask you a few questions? Ambassador Kosh!

"Did we get that? Tell me we got that. Did we get it?"

*** and I still say Kosh knew they were there and deliberately gave the viewing public some Vorlon love Razz ***
-----
"Why does any advanced civilization seek to destroy a less advanced one? Because the land is strategically valuable, because there are resources to be exploited. But most of all, simply because they can. You have experienced much the same on your own world. There are humans for whom the words "never again" carry special meaning, as they do for us."
-----
(Psi Corps recruitment ad)

"We're everywhere, for your convenience."
-----

Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Babylon 5 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 7 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 11:57 pm

Cruel Angel wrote:

(Psi Corps recruitment ad)

"We're everywhere, for your convenience."
-----

Heh. I love that commercial.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Babylon 5 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 7 EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 3:27 pm

In the Shadow of ZHadum

Ah, the first meeting between the good and evil Smiley's Razz
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Babylon 5 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 7 EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 4:41 pm

Bytes from In the Shadow of Zhadum-

"If restoring the Centauri Republic means nothing to you, what does? What do you want?"

"I'd like to live just long enough to be there when they cut of your head and stick it on a pike, as a warning to the next 10 generations that some favors come at too high a price. I want to look up at your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr Morden?"
-----
"Is this supposed to mean something?"

"--- departed Station Prime 5 weeks ago on a planned six month scientific and archaeological expedition to the Rim. The last message received from the Icarus gave no sign of the problem that led to its unfortunate--"

"Ah. That."
-----
"Now, as Babylon 5 has an early warning system to detect possible attacks, we at the Ministry of Peace have created a system of our own. We call it the Night Watch. Named after those brave citizens who stood vigil in the darkness against possible enemies."
-----
*** from the blooper reels ***

"How can it be unauthorized? According to Earth Central records, he is supposed to be dead." (points back to the monitor).

(Behind him on the monitor, Morden suddenly grasps his chest and falls back on the table dead.)
-----
"Come, Captain. The greatest nightmare of our time is waiting for you."
-----
"If 'yes' was the answer, what was the question?"

"Have the Shadows returned to Z'ha'dum?"
-----
"I want you to teach me how to fight them. How to beat them. Because sooner or later, I'm going to Z'ha'dum. I'm going to stop them. "

"If you go to Z'ha'dum, you will die."

"Then I die. But I will not go down easily, and I will not go down alone."

*** Yup, amazing what Captain John 'Nuke 'em' Sheridan can do with two 500 megaton nuclear devices and a White Star cheers ***
-----
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Babylon 5 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 7 EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 5:36 pm

The Coming of Shadows - This is where it all truly begins to change for Londo. And there is no going back. He should have listened to Elric and Vir. Now his destiny is truly in motion. G'Kar is now a different man, too. My how the tides have turned...

Gropos - Great character story for Warren, Garibaldi, and Franklin as well as for the outstanding guest cast. The superb writing and acting are on full display culminating in the closing minutes. If you weren't moved, you have no heart...

All Alone in the Night - Well done, but not great Sheridan story. Meanwhile, a pivital moment for Delenn and her relationship with the Grey Council. It will have reprocussions...

Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Babylon 5 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 7 EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 8:25 pm

Knives

The A story is good... another sign for Londo that he chose... poorly.

B on the other hand doesn't thrill me.

Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Babylon 5 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 7 EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 10:00 pm

Bytes for Knives-

*** Never noticed it before... Bruce is a leftie, but he bats right handed. ***
-----
"Londo, this is insane!"

"Insanity is part of the times. You must learn to embrace the madness."
-----
*** Gotta love Sheridan's 'Flying Tigers' Starfury art ***
-----
"Excited? We could be discovering a whole new life form here. Since you helped it, do you think we might be able to contact it again?"

"Uh, no thanks. I prefer to be only slightly insane."

"Yeah, don't we all?"
-----
"I've made many choices lately, Vir. And today, for the first time, I'm not sure those choices were right."

"Perhaps some good has come out this tragedy. It's not too late to make some new choices."

"No. The blood is already on my hands. Right or wrong, I must follow the path to the end."

*** So sad that even with Urza's death, Londo still refuses to believe he has a choice and can change, whereas GKar made his choice to change for the better and never looked back ***
-----

Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Babylon 5 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 7 EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 10:08 pm

Confessions and Lamentations

Everyone wave bye bye to the Markabs !

And yet another milestone in the developing relationship between Sheridan and Delenn (which is one of the best realized on tv I think)- their 2nd date at Delenn's place, and Delenn finally calling him by his first name.

Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Babylon 5 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 7 EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 11:17 pm

Bytes from Confessions and Lamentations-

"If I don't see you again here, I will see you in a little while- in the place where no shadows fall."
-----
"Are you all right.?"

"I can't find my mama."

"Lennier, she has lost her mother. Please find her."

"How?"

"Faith manages."

"What is her name?"

"Mama."
-----
"Lennier, is there anyone? Anyone at all?"

"No. No one."
-----

Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Babylon 5 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 7 EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 11:21 pm

Divided Loyalties

Everyone wave bye bye to Talia!

Welcome back Lyta!

And finally the answer to why Ivanova refuses to submit to telepathic scans...

Poor Susan. About as lucky with love as Geordi La Forge Razz
Back to top Go down

Babylon 5
Page 7 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next