6 posters
AuthorMessage
hitman hart
hitman hart

Number of posts : 1150
Registration date : 2009-01-24

rivers sonic? Empty
PostSubject: rivers sonic?   rivers sonic? EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 11:03 pm

i was just thinking a minute ago, rivers sonic is a variation on davids sonic, he never met her except the one time, matt gets the said sonic destroyed or davisoned as i like to say, and the tardis fashions his new one so why does rivers look like tennants? i know there is an easy fabricated explaination that any good writer could contrive on the turn of a dime if need be but this is kinda bugging me, i mean im not loosing sleep or anything but i just wonder why her sonic that some unknown doctor gave her would look just like the one that matt got destroyed, any explanations?
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

rivers sonic? Empty
PostSubject: Re: rivers sonic?   rivers sonic? EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 11:05 pm

Because initially, River's story was supposed to be told with Tennant as the Doctor. With Tennant's departure, things changed.
Back to top Go down
Rocco
Rocco

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2010-06-30

rivers sonic? Empty
PostSubject: Re: rivers sonic?   rivers sonic? EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 11:22 pm

I think its the same as the big bang. Things happened with the sonic cuz the doctor gave it to rory through jumping in time. I think when it comes to terms that he must give her one, he'll give her one like that because thats the kinda she had when they met.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

rivers sonic? Empty
PostSubject: Re: rivers sonic?   rivers sonic? EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 12:06 am

I just assumed he rebuilt it after it was damaged in The Eleventh Hour and gave it to River. Note that 10 and River's sonics never touch!
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

rivers sonic? Empty
PostSubject: Re: rivers sonic?   rivers sonic? EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 10:47 am

Didn't Doc11 leave his broken, blown up 10th Sonic on the floor? Or did he take it with him? Because if he did then perhaps he's been working on it... and you know, River has to depart from the big picture at some point too, so perhaps when she gets stuck in some alternate reality, or whatever storyline they conjure up, the Doctor gives her the modified 10 Sonic in her leaving scene?
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

rivers sonic? Empty
PostSubject: Re: rivers sonic?   rivers sonic? EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 6:16 pm

Scarywood wrote:
Didn't Doc11 leave his broken, blown up 10th Sonic on the floor? Or did he take it with him? Because if he did then perhaps he's been working on it... and you know, River has to depart from the big picture at some point too, so perhaps when she gets stuck in some alternate reality, or whatever storyline they conjure up, the Doctor gives her the modified 10 Sonic in her leaving scene?
It burns out, he picks it up, throws it back on the ground. However, as it cuts away to Prisoner Zero attacking the hospital, he could have picked it up and put it in his pocket.

And what, when he changed clothes, he forgot to pick it up? He still had the TARDIS key, so why not?
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

rivers sonic? Empty
PostSubject: Re: rivers sonic?   rivers sonic? EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 7:56 pm

Hmm, I just hope Moffat doesn't forget to add it in there otherwise they'll be some mad Tennant fans, including me, raging about not sticking to the plot. Razz
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

Number of posts : 1150
Registration date : 2009-01-24

rivers sonic? Empty
PostSubject: Re: rivers sonic?   rivers sonic? EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 10:18 pm

Scarywood wrote:
Hmm, I just hope Moffat doesn't forget to add it in there otherwise they'll be some mad Tennant fans, including me, raging about not sticking to the plot. Razz

agreed, even though i was not a big fan of the new star wars movies i still liked the little touch of obi wan picking up anakins light saber at the end of the fight so that he would have it to give to luke in a new hope.
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

rivers sonic? Empty
PostSubject: Re: rivers sonic?   rivers sonic? EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 11:40 pm

well, in a good man goes to war, she says that there being two doctors would be a "whole other birthday". perhaps moffat is leaving that open to a future episode? bringing back tenant, the 10th doctor after silence in the library, to meet her.

she did seem to know who he was. she called him "pretty boy", and said she hadn't seen him that young (which i assumed to be the 10th doctor). he could be the one who gives her the sonic.

am i the only one who would want tennant to return, if only for one episode, to resolve all of these plotholes? i know baker didn't want to return to the role, but a smith/tennant two doctor's story would be great in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

rivers sonic? Empty
PostSubject: Re: rivers sonic?   rivers sonic? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 12:30 am

I suddenly got a mental image of the 10th Doctor relaxing in 11's TARDIS.

And I liked it.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

rivers sonic? Empty
PostSubject: Re: rivers sonic?   rivers sonic? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 10:57 am

bret_owen99 wrote:
well, in a good man goes to war, she says that there being two doctors would be a "whole other birthday". perhaps moffat is leaving that open to a future episode? bringing back tenant, the 10th doctor after silence in the library, to meet her.

she did seem to know who he was. she called him "pretty boy", and said she hadn't seen him that young (which i assumed to be the 10th doctor). he could be the one who gives her the sonic.

am i the only one who would want tennant to return, if only for one episode, to resolve all of these plotholes? i know baker didn't want to return to the role, but a smith/tennant two doctor's story would be great in my opinion.

I really want Tennant to return, even if it's only for a matter of minutes! Tennant FTW! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

rivers sonic?
Page 1 of 1