Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

50 questions with bret_owen99 (re: series 6, spoilers)

Go down 
+2
Rocco
bret_owen99
6 posters
AuthorMessage
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

50 questions with bret_owen99 (re: series 6, spoilers) Empty
PostSubject: 50 questions with bret_owen99 (re: series 6, spoilers)   50 questions with bret_owen99 (re: series 6, spoilers) EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 8:56 pm

since i brought this up in another post, and someone said there weren't any new questions, i thougt i'd try to spit out as many as possible.

1. who is madame kavorian (dr. kevorkian? anyone?)???

2. why is madame kavorian/the clerics at war with the doctor (the alliance of monsters made sense to me, but this human alliance is a stretch at best, to not repeat what he already did last series finale)????

3. is river song really the doctor??? ( i say this, because the crib was his, and the tardis didn't translate what was on the side, which may have been the doctor's real name, which is how she knew it in the forest of the dead, and it would explain how he is half human on his mother's side)

4. is the doctor's name just the doctor? (this would be a big letdown for me, as it has been hinted at in the classic series, as well as the new, that he had a "real" name he kept hidden. just being "the doctor" would be the biggest letdown since the wolverine origin story).

5. if river song and the doctor smooch, and are supposedly married, and he finds her as a child and raises her, isn't that wrong??? (ala woody allen)

6. why did the headless monks attack again, when madame kavorian had already won, fooling the doctor into thinking he still had the baby??? (the only purpose for the attack being killing the doctor's "army", but amy and rory survived of course)

7. how is the doctor a "bad guy" when all he was doing was saving his friends and they're family??? (this was part of river song's speech, i mean it's not like he pre-attacked a country because he thought they had weapons of mass destruction, which they really didn't)

8. i'm sure the doctor isn't the only timelord/alien going around time and space changing things, so does that mean the clerics/dr. kevorkian have a hit out on all those people too??? (or is the doctor just that special)

9. anyone else think that lorna might actually be river song???? (the girl who sewed the name, her character is too out of the ordinary for me to just be a coincidence)

10. why did the doctor run off to save the baby at the end, without the parents???? (that part really had me going, what? what? what? i mean, i'd be the first one in the tardis, if i was the baby daddy)

that's all for today kiddo's, i'll come back with another 10, and another, and another. sorry, maybe i just overanalyze things, but that's why i don't like moffat's writing, that and he seems to contridict his previous writing, almost just making it up as he goes along, which is not good continuaty, and this isn't red dwarf.
Back to top Go down
Rocco
Rocco

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2010-06-30

PostSubject: Re: 50 questions with bret_owen99 (re: series 6, spoilers)   50 questions with bret_owen99 (re: series 6, spoilers) EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 9:32 pm

bret_owen99 wrote:
since i brought this up in another post, and someone said there weren't any new questions, i thougt i'd try to spit out as many as possible.

2. why is madame kavorian/the clerics at war with the doctor (the alliance of monsters made sense to me, but this human alliance is a stretch at best, to not repeat what he already did last series finale)????

3. is river song really the doctor??? ( i say this, because the crib was his, and the tardis didn't translate what was on the side, which may have been the doctor's real name, which is how she knew it in the forest of the dead, and it would explain how he is half human on his mother's side)

4. is the doctor's name just the doctor? (this would be a big letdown for me, as it has been hinted at in the classic series, as well as the new, that he had a "real" name he kept hidden. just being "the doctor" would be the biggest letdown since the wolverine origin story).

5. if river song and the doctor smooch, and are supposedly married, and he finds her as a child and raises her, isn't that wrong??? (ala woody allen)

6. why did the headless monks attack again, when madame kavorian had already won, fooling the doctor into thinking he still had the baby??? (the only purpose for the attack being killing the doctor's "army", but amy and rory survived of course)

7. how is the doctor a "bad guy" when all he was doing was saving his friends and they're family??? (this was part of river song's speech, i mean it's not like he pre-attacked a country because he thought they had weapons of mass destruction, which they really didn't)

8. i'm sure the doctor isn't the only timelord/alien going around time and space changing things, so does that mean the clerics/dr. kevorkian have a hit out on all those people too??? (or is the doctor just that special)

9. anyone else think that lorna might actually be river song???? (the girl who sewed the name, her character is too out of the ordinary for me to just be a coincidence)

10. why did the doctor run off to save the baby at the end, without the parents???? (that part really had me going, what? what? what? i mean, i'd be the first one in the tardis, if i was the baby daddy)

that's all for today kiddo's, i'll come back with another 10, and another, and another. sorry, maybe i just overanalyze things, but that's why i don't like moffat's writing, that and he seems to contridict his previous writing, almost just making it up as he goes along, which is not good continuaty, and this isn't red dwarf.

1. All we know is she wants the Baby who is River song to raise as a weapon to destroy the doctor.

2. We don't know yet.

3. River is not the doctor...River is Amy/Rorys child.

4. Thats his selected name. We don't really know his real name

5. Well their not related in anyway, so no. Shes related to Amy/Rory not the doctor.

6. We don't know, Maybe they hate the doctor too and wanted a chance at his head.

7. She didn't say he was a bad guy, She said hes changing the word Doctor. Hes going around like he is, A great warrior, Always in Combat even without weapons. Like she said in the Gama forest doctor means Great Warrior instead of Wise Healer.

8. Well we are lead to believe the doctor is the last living timelord. (But i mean after all these daleks survive their can't be just 1 more timelord?)

9. No. I mean come on. No. River would now be dead if it was her btw.

10. That'll be answered in the next episode but most likely because either he thought it was to dangerous or he wanted River to tell them shes their daughter.

Hope it helped.

Back to top Go down
rmlextreme
rmlextreme

Number of posts : 779
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: 50 questions with bret_owen99 (re: series 6, spoilers)   50 questions with bret_owen99 (re: series 6, spoilers) EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 9:34 pm

its this fill in or Essay? lol

Bret no more Coffee tonight lol

Davros in the Journeys end Analyzed the Doctor. He turns ordinary people into weapons was spot on. Also Rory in the Venice episode said something similar to him

I think if you look at the Waters of Mars when he changed history, and his reason was Timelord Victorious or because he could. Many races would probably feel that is too much power for one being to have. The Doctor could very easily erase an entire species from ever existing so that could scare some as well.

I think this whole River thing reminds me of the Robin williams movie hook. How peter didnt fall for wendy but her grand daughter myra.

Wow no more Coffee for me either lol im sending Moffit the Bill for my Shrink from all this lol
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: 50 questions with bret_owen99 (re: series 6, spoilers)   50 questions with bret_owen99 (re: series 6, spoilers) EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 10:12 pm

lol from everyone. i'm just pondering, that's all. back to questions.

11. why was "silence" introduced in italy in the form of actual silence, when the "silence" moff introduced in the first two parter are just average grey aliens???? (evidence of moff making it up as he goes along)

12. who is the voice during the big bang saying "silence will fall"???(since i know it's not the silence, i can't make out a word they say, or madame kavorkian)

13. will prisoner zero ever show back up, or was it knowing about the pandorica and the silence just an obvious hint to the audience??? (it would have made more sence to me if prisoner zero had been the fake amy, being hired by madame kavorian)

14. why was it so hard for jenny to regenerate, but little girl/river says "it's easy, let me show you" then she regenerates??? (this bugged me more than anything else about little girl timelord)

15. if river is meant to kill the doctor, why didn't she just let him die during the forest of the dead??? (unless she has to kill smith specifically)

16. is the "flesh" the same as the autons, or just a sister race like the new "silurians"????

17. is it just that easy to make a new timelord from having normal humans in a tardis???? (that bugged me as well. i hope moff introduces gene splicing or something else, maybe since prisoner zero was on earth with amelia since she was little, but was doing nothing)

18. if river is the one who killed the doctor in the first two-parter, why didn't she do it in front of clerics and madame kavorian, instead of the doctor's companions??? (how does that prove he's dead to his enemies)

19. if they kidnapped amy's baby, and had this grand plan for fooling the doctor, why did they have it raised in a spacesuit??? (you'd think they'd have races willing to train it with real people, ala, sontarans, daleks, etc. imagine a timelord being raised by the doctor's greatest enemies)

20. why won't the doctor just admit he had children to amy???? (ten admitted he was a father once, had a family, and we all know about susan. why is moff being so "mysterious" about the doctor's life, when we all know it already, geez)

i'll be back for more. feel free to answer.
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: 50 questions with bret_owen99 (re: series 6, spoilers)   50 questions with bret_owen99 (re: series 6, spoilers) EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 10:19 pm

bret_owen99 wrote:
12. who is the voice during the big bang saying "silence will fall"???(since i know it's not the silence, i can't make out a word they say, or madame kavorkian)
I've been told that was Julian Bleach (who previously played Davros).

I know that's not the answer you're looking for, but hey, it's all I've got...
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: 50 questions with bret_owen99 (re: series 6, spoilers)   50 questions with bret_owen99 (re: series 6, spoilers) EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 10:27 pm

16. No.

21. I think Moff isn't being mysterious so much as it's a painful memory for the Doctor.
Back to top Go down
Rocco
Rocco

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2010-06-30

PostSubject: Re: 50 questions with bret_owen99 (re: series 6, spoilers)   50 questions with bret_owen99 (re: series 6, spoilers) EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 10:29 pm

bret_owen99 wrote:
lol from everyone. i'm just pondering, that's all. back to questions.

11. why was "silence" introduced in italy in the form of actual silence, when the "silence" moff introduced in the first two parter are just average grey aliens???? (evidence of moff making it up as he goes along)

13. will prisoner zero ever show back up, or was it knowing about the pandorica and the silence just an obvious hint to the audience??? (it would have made more sence to me if prisoner zero had been the fake amy, being hired by madame kavorian)

14. why was it so hard for jenny to regenerate, but little girl/river says "it's easy, let me show you" then she regenerates??? (this bugged me more than anything else about little girl timelord)

15. if river is meant to kill the doctor, why didn't she just let him die during the forest of the dead??? (unless she has to kill smith specifically)

16. is the "flesh" the same as the autons, or just a sister race like the new "silurians"????

17. is it just that easy to make a new timelord from having normal humans in a tardis???? (that bugged me as well. i hope moff introduces gene splicing or something else, maybe since prisoner zero was on earth with amelia since she was little, but was doing nothing)

18. if river is the one who killed the doctor in the first two-parter, why didn't she do it in front of clerics and madame kavorian, instead of the doctor's companions??? (how does that prove he's dead to his enemies)

19. if they kidnapped amy's baby, and had this grand plan for fooling the doctor, why did they have it raised in a spacesuit??? (you'd think they'd have races willing to train it with real people, ala, sontarans, daleks, etc. imagine a timelord being raised by the doctor's greatest enemies)

20. why won't the doctor just admit he had children to amy???? (ten admitted he was a father once, had a family, and we all know about susan. why is moff being so "mysterious" about the doctor's life, when we all know it already, geez)

i'll be back for more. feel free to answer.

11. That was the cracks erasing time not the silence.

12. I don't believe it was the creature silence. Rumors of Omega were tossed around,

13. No just a One-timer

14. Well Jenny was just a skin cell created into a weird timelord. While the little girl seems to be a timelord.

15. She loves him. We still don't know about their entire history yet. I still stand behind my theory. That she will be forced to kill him by Kevorkian so they create and Dopple Doctor and river kills it which lands her in prison.

16. Nope. Just something new.

17. Like the doctor said it happens through billions of years, but i guess maybe sometimes it could just happen accidently.

18. That can't be answered yet. Don't know enough.

19. She was sick and it was keeping her well.

20. Pain. I don't know. Ask Moffat.

Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: 50 questions with bret_owen99 (re: series 6, spoilers)   50 questions with bret_owen99 (re: series 6, spoilers) EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 12:59 am

Quote :

Presumably, she is someone who the Doctor has wronged later in his personal time line and she has sworn vengeance. Seeing as how a lot of things are pointing towards the Gamma Forests, I'm going to venture a guess that her story will be told there.

Quote :

2. why
is madame kavorian/the clerics at war with the doctor (the alliance of
monsters made sense to me, but this human alliance is a stretch at best,
to not repeat what he already did last series finale)????

Again, all signs point to the Gamma Forests being a major incident in the formation of this organization and its vendetta against the Doctor.

Quote :

3. is
river song really the doctor??? ( i say this, because the crib was his,
and the tardis didn't translate what was on the side, which may have
been the doctor's real name, which is how she knew it in the forest of
the dead, and it would explain how he is half human on his mother's
side)

No, River is not the Doctor and the Doctor is not half human on his mother's side. The Crib was a bit of a red herring, and Amy misinterpreted River's comment about knowing how to read to mean what was written on the crib, not on the prayer leaf.

Quote :

4. is the doctor's name just the doctor? (this would be a
big letdown for me, as it has been hinted at in the classic series, as
well as the new, that he had a "real" name he kept hidden. just being
"the doctor" would be the biggest letdown since the wolverine origin
story).

No. It's just River remarks that the term "Doctor" carries universal meaning thanks to the Time Lord. But, as River also pointed out, that name can mean something very different depending on the nature of the man in question. Again, leading back to the Gamma Forests proclaiming "Doctor" to mean "Great Warrior".

Quote :

5. if river song and the doctor smooch, and are
supposedly married, and he finds her as a child and raises her, isn't
that wrong??? (ala woody allen)

He's over 900 years old. I think at this point, about anything would be considered cradle robbing. (No pun intended)

Quote :

6. why did the headless monks
attack again, when madame kavorian had already won, fooling the doctor
into thinking he still had the baby??? (the only purpose for the attack
being killing the doctor's "army", but amy and rory survived of course)

Not certain there, though I suspect we'll learn more about the Headless Monks along with the Clerics. The war against the Doctor had a religious air to it, so I'm sure it will come to a head (*rimshot*) later.

Quote :
how is the doctor a "bad guy" when all he was doing was saving his
friends and they're family??? (this was part of river song's speech, i
mean it's not like he pre-attacked a country because he thought they had
weapons of mass destruction, which they really didn't)

Again, all signs point to the Gamma Forests at this time.

Quote :
8. i'm
sure the doctor isn't the only timelord/alien going around time and
space changing things, so does that mean the clerics/dr. kevorkian have a
hit out on all those people too??? (or is the doctor just that special)

The Doctor may not be the only one, but he is obviously the most visible.

Quote :
anyone else think that lorna might actually be river song???? (the
girl who sewed the name, her character is too out of the ordinary for me
to just be a coincidence)

Eh. We'll definitely be seeing her again (Again: Gamma Forests), but I don't think she was tied to Melody/River in any way.

Quote :
10. why did the doctor run off to
save the baby at the end, without the parents???? (that part really had
me going, what? what? what? i mean, i'd be the first one in the
tardis, if i was the baby daddy)

It's sadly implied that Amy and Rory will never get to be parents to Melody/River. Given River is very much established in the far future, it's entirely likely that no matter what the Doctor does, Melody is lost to the Ponds. The Doctor might have run off without Amy and Rory to spare them that particular anguish, but also allow River some time with her biological family.
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: 50 questions with bret_owen99 (re: series 6, spoilers)   50 questions with bret_owen99 (re: series 6, spoilers) EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 1:10 am

Quote :
11. why was "silence" introduced in italy in the form of actual
silence, when the "silence" moff introduced in the first two parter are
just average grey aliens???? (evidence of moff making it up as he goes
along)

Don't discount a connection just yet. The Silence are still the piece of the puzzle that fits nowhere.

Quote :
12. who is the voice during the big bang saying "silence
will fall"???(since i know it's not the silence, i can't make out a word
they say, or madame kavorkian)

We don't know who that is yet.

Quote :
13. will prisoner zero ever show
back up, or was it knowing about the pandorica and the silence just an
obvious hint to the audience??? (it would have made more sence to me if
prisoner zero had been the fake amy, being hired by madame kavorian)

A Hint to the audience. Prisoner Zero was a one off villain.

Quote :
why was it so hard for jenny to regenerate, but little girl/river says
"it's easy, let me show you" then she regenerates??? (this bugged me
more than anything else about little girl timelord)

Because Jenny wasn't supposed to regenerate in the first place. Moffat was the one who asked for Jenny to be allowed to live. Also why she looked the same post-Regeneration. There wasn't time/money to cast another actress.

Quote :
15. if river
is meant to kill the doctor, why didn't she just let him die during the
forest of the dead??? (unless she has to kill smith specifically)

River in Forest of the Dead is not the same River that is supposed to kill the Doctor. Similarly, the Clerics from A Time of Angels are not the same as the ones trying to kill the Doctor, despite being the same organization (Coincidentally, it's also the first episode we heard anything about the Headless Monks). Presumably, these alterations are made at a future time that affect how the Doctor interacts with these people.

Quote :

Sister Race is the likeliest choice.

Quote :
is it just that easy to make a new timelord from having normal humans
in a tardis???? (that bugged me as well. i hope moff introduces gene
splicing or something else, maybe since prisoner zero was on earth with
amelia since she was little, but was doing nothing)

I actually just rewatched that scene. The process normally takes billions of years, but Melody was conceived in the middle of the Time Vortex. That doesn't really explain the Time Lord DNA or if she could regenerated, but it was very much the circumstances of her conception that lead to her unique nature. I'm disappointed River isn't simply a survivor of the Time War and a fellow Gallifreyian. I find this origin unnecessarily convoluted.

Quote :

18. if
river is the one who killed the doctor in the first two-parter, why
didn't she do it in front of clerics and madame kavorian, instead of the
doctor's companions??? (how does that prove he's dead to his enemies)

We still have no way of knowing it was River in the suit. Also, at least one Silent was bearing witness to the proceedings.

Quote :
if they kidnapped amy's baby, and had this grand plan for fooling the
doctor, why did they have it raised in a spacesuit??? (you'd think
they'd have races willing to train it with real people, ala, sontarans,
daleks, etc. imagine a timelord being raised by the doctor's greatest
enemies)

Again, the Silence are the puzzle piece that doesn't fit but it looks like the Gamma Forests will contain the answers we seek.

Quote :
20. why won't the doctor just admit he had children to
amy???? (ten admitted he was a father once, had a family, and we all
know about susan. why is moff being so "mysterious" about the doctor's
life, when we all know it already, geez)

If the Time Lords were desperate enough to bring the Master back to fight in the Time War, then it's very likely Susan and any of the Doctor's family were conscripted to fight as well. Indeed, there's still speculation that the woman in white was Susan. If so, then the reason the Doctor doesn't admit to them existing is because he had to murder them with his own hands.

And Jenny, if she ever shows back up, is unknown to the Doctor because he didn't know she could regenerate.
Back to top Go down
rmlextreme
rmlextreme

Number of posts : 779
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: 50 questions with bret_owen99 (re: series 6, spoilers)   50 questions with bret_owen99 (re: series 6, spoilers) EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 6:29 am

maybe the Girl soldier who knitted the needlepoint who changes sides towards the end is Melodies foster sister in the gamma forest? I think the doctor runs off to the forest and saves the baby and leaves her with a family in the forest to raise. I think that is why melodie now River has this name. its Melodie Pond Backwards in the Alien translation. Melodie kept the name for the people the raised her.
The Baby was gonna be used against him by eye patch lady. So i think it makes since you defuse the weapon (River) and the plan by leaving her with tarzan and Jane. wE see how lethal River is i think the Ewoks Trained her as well

Jenny cant regenerate. She breathed the light thing but it only brought her back as herself.

I think the clerics are mad cause in the Weeping angels, Amy River and doctor were the only survivors. Every cleric died there that was part of the landing party. Also the Doctor doesnt doesnt believe in Religion he always proves there is no higher power. Example leia the jungle companions people worshiped the Computer and the Doctor brought the computer down and the races of people had no god to worship. They might be pissed?

And Luke is Darth Vaders Son, Paige is the a Charmed one etc...
Back to top Go down

50 questions with bret_owen99 (re: series 6, spoilers)
Page 1 of 1