DacaZ
Thete
DoctorOlly
Scary
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Rate S6E7: A Good Man Goes to War
Fantastic
S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 4 Vote_lcap50%S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 50% [ 20 ]
Good
S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 4 Vote_lcap25%S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 25% [ 10 ]
Okay
S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 4 Vote_lcap13%S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 13% [ 5 ]
Bad
S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 4 Vote_lcap5%S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
Terrible
S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 4 Vote_lcap7%S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 40

AuthorMessage
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 7:54 am

I feel just the opposite about River, now. With the revelation that she is a weapon to be used against the Doctor, AND Amy and Rory's child will make her more of an interesting character. The Doctor has to "save" her now, not just from kidnapping but from what will happen if she kills "a good man". But, we have seen the child in the spacesuit kill him already, and the child regenerated, so that child is River as well. But, another reason the Doctor had Canton burn his body....perhaps the body was a Ganger!? And I used to hate River's character. I just have a feeling that when it is all over, we will do a face slap and say "of course, all the clues were there from the beginning, and it makes perfect sense".
Back to top Go down
TinDogRory
TinDogRory

Number of posts : 1462
Registration date : 2010-07-20

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 9:38 am

Well, Scary used my new avatar idea. ;-) However I agree with Ronpur, I think this ramps up the energy of the plotline now. But then it's been no secret that I've loved the River Song storyline since inception.
Back to top Go down
http://aykfpod.com
rmlextreme
rmlextreme

Number of posts : 779
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 9:45 am

I think its the Paradox thing Doctor 9 warned about you can not have 2 of the same person in the same place at the same time. I think the older version knew this and set the thing up. Its in the Movie Timecop the same matter cant occupy the same space. Its been in Star Trek episode called What of Lazarus sort of etc...... Even Back the Future. So to end the rambling my guess is the future doc knew he had to go cause he was interacting in the same time stream with the same version unlike the 3 and 5 doctor episodes

*if someone cane read all my rambling and shorten it thank you lol

I watched most of this episode on Youtube which was not a good Idea cause now I have a a very bad headache from the starting and stopping from the streaming lol.

Last thing if River can regenerate when she was younger why did she die in Silence of the library????
Im sending BBC the Bill for 1000 Aspirin lol

Last edited by rmlextreme on Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TinDogRory
TinDogRory

Number of posts : 1462
Registration date : 2010-07-20

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 9:49 am

You, sir, get points for referencing the The Alternative Factor from STAR TREK.
Back to top Go down
http://aykfpod.com
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 9:49 am

TinDogRory wrote:
Well, Scary used my new avatar idea. ;-) However I agree with Ronpur, I think this ramps up the energy of the plotline now. But then it's been no secret that I've loved the River Song storyline since inception.

Oh sorry! Seems this scene is popular amongst many! Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
stanlow

Number of posts : 380
Registration date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 10:45 am

rmlextreme wrote:

I watched most of this episode on Youtube which was not a good Idea cause now I have a a very bad headache from the starting and stopping from the streaming lol.

Me too. On the plus side I was able to do so through my Blu-ray player, so it was essentially like watching it normally but with odd commercial breaks! Smile
Back to top Go down
neogeo
neogeo

Number of posts : 2159
Registration date : 2010-08-18

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 4:57 pm

I cheated, sort of. I just finished watching A Good Man by Skyping in from a relative in the UK who DRVed it for me (a hassle coordinating, and then I wind up monopolizing her laptop while its pointed at her TV so I haven't done it this year until now). Wow! This is in my top 3 favourite Matt Smith episodes now (along with Vincent & Wife), easily high up in my top 10 since the start of the new series. I don't want to spoil anything so I'll leave it there, but, I am well pleased (beaming, in fact).
Back to top Go down
rmlextreme
rmlextreme

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 5:22 pm

I just Watched it again on Youtube. I am never eating New England Clam Chowder Again cause it reminds me of the Flesh when they go poof. And im never eating Rice pudding either lol.

The Headless munks i thought were good cause they referenced when he and amy stole the home box it was the museum of the Headless munks

The Best Part was what the Doctor did to the Head of the Soldiers and told him to change his name. WOw

This Episode should make Mattylovers Summer!!!!!!!!!!!!

Confused? Puzzled? Now we have 3 months to think about this and fill this thread to the max.

Tuned in Same Bat Time Same Bat Channel

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 5:53 pm

rmlextreme wrote:
I just Watched it again on Youtube. I am never eating New England Clam Chowder Again cause it reminds me of the Flesh when they go poof. And im never eating Rice pudding either lol.

The Headless munks i thought were good cause they referenced when he and amy stole the home box it was the museum of the Headless munks

The Best Part was what the Doctor did to the Head of the Soldiers and told him to change his name. WOw

This Episode should make Mattylovers Summer!!!!!!!!!!!!

Confused? Puzzled? Now we have 3 months to think about this and fill this thread to the max.

Tuned in Same Bat Time Same Bat Channel

Yeah it did. Very Happy cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 6:00 pm

Interesting how we don't actually see the doctor (not counting the sonic, of course) until about 20 minutes into the episode
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 6:07 pm

wow, this sure was gamechanging!!! no one guessed that river song was related to amy pond, the most important companion of all time (both characters created by steven moffat, btw). reusing all the monster costumes from last series for another "army" (this time helping the doctor, not trapping him in a box), pure genius.

50 more questions, no answers, this show is getting better than lost. i really hope this series ends with some sort of alternate universe where river killed the doctor in the first episode, but river, amy, and rory change that so he doesn't really "die", in our universe (completely different from "rebooting" the universe from last series finale).

Back to top Go down
Rocco
Rocco

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2010-06-30

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 6:19 pm

I think that they threaten to kill river if she doesn't kill the doctor so the doctor creates a doppleganger of himself and river is in the space suit and kills the doppleganger making the eye patch lady think she killed the doctor. Then the doctor kills her.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 6:21 pm

bret_owen99 wrote:

50 more questions, no answers, this show is getting better than lost.

There were several questions answered, and I can't think of any questions that arose...
Back to top Go down
DacaZ
DacaZ

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2009-06-07

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 6:26 pm

Quote :

Nice catch! I didn't notice that one.

Watched it again this morning before work. Lots of fun lines in there.

I speak baby... lol.

I also liked how when Amy is telling the baby all that stuff about Rory, how you're meant to think she was talking about The Doctor. Rory's come a long way.

Colonel Runaway is still my favorite, though.

Back to top Go down
http://www.figurefanzero.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 6:55 pm

The Doctor got pretty angry in this episode, reminded me of the 7th Doctor quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 8:37 pm

MIND

BLOWN

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.arts.drwho/browse_thread/thread/7cd734f99a62ae98/c845f05e9b213df9?lnk=st&q&hl=en&pli=1

Before you say "That can't be Moffat!" LOOK AT THE DATE!
Back to top Go down
rmlextreme
rmlextreme

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 9:41 pm

The museum was called the Delerum Archive: Final Resting place of the Headless Munks.

I think the Doctors Temper is similar to William Hartnell. He had zero patience and was always going off, Tom Baker had a meltdown with Adric about ejecting tardis rooms for fuel etc...

In the Meantime Mattylover you ok over there? lol need a Cig???? lol

*** Here is something we may have forgot. Rivers Sonic had the Blinking green lights that showed she was ghosting. The Doctor will have to Return to the library to retrieve her since she can regenerate.

Colonel Runaway is the all time greatest thing to date.

And Character Options Execs must be drooling lol. Eye Patch lady figure, Colonel Runaway, Silurians, Sontarans, Cybermen, the big Fat Blue Man group guy, The melted Flesh figure, Another Rory the Roman figure, The Doctors baby bassinet Tardis lol.

AND THE ADVENTURE CONTINUES......The Doctor and Sexy are off to save Melodie!!!!!!

Last edited by rmlextreme on Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 9:43 pm

Oh, that is an amazing find!
Back to top Go down
rmlextreme
rmlextreme

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 10:21 pm

I wrote in an early post on here somewhere comparing this to the movie Hook with Robin Williams. It was my river theory. In Hook Peter flies into Wendys and sees her daughter or grand daughter and falls for her.

Oh heres one The Future Sonic were all crazy for is probably Baby Melodies Pacifier lol

Im praying Some how The Master comes back for all this!!!!

That would be icing on the Cake!!!!

Last edited by rmlextreme on Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 10:22 pm

rmlextreme wrote:
The Doctor will have to Return to the library to retrieve her since she can regenerate.

No, River specifically states that the power surge would fry both hearts so fast there'd be no time to regenerate. River physically died in Silence in the Library, but the Flesh gives the option of bringing her back. Personally, I hope not because I want to be able to sit down and rewatch the episodes from River's perspective and have her storyline complete.

Personally, I liked this episode a lot. While River's reveal was choreographed, the rest of the episode wrapped up the mystery of Amy's pregnancy while introducing a nice threat to the Doctor that arises later in his personal time line.

The only hanging plot threads - and the ones that are going to be most difficult in pulling together - is how the Silence factor into all of this and what is the meaning behind "Silence Will Fall". Right now, they're the puzzle piece that doesn't fit anywhere.

There was something me and my fiance' wondered though: The military group was called "The Clerics". Are these the same Clerics who we saw during A Time of Angels/Flesh and Stone?
Back to top Go down
rmlextreme
rmlextreme

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 10:26 pm

The Silence were working for Eye Patch lady. I think these are indeed the Clerics but from a different time line.

Moffit wrote the Library so its anyones guess. Cause he loves to drop breadcrumbs to comeback to

Wow its gonna be a fun 3 months going crazy with the Theories!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 10:31 pm

rmlextreme wrote:
The Silence were working for Eye Patch lady.

Still doesn't explain "Silence Will Fall!" or "You Will Bring The Silence." though.
Back to top Go down
Rocco
Rocco

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2010-06-30

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 10:42 pm

Rust wrote:
rmlextreme wrote:
The Silence were working for Eye Patch lady.

Still doesn't explain "Silence Will Fall!" or "You Will Bring The Silence." though.

I think thats going to be an entirely different thing maybe for series 7. Remember they still haven't found out why the tardis blew up in the first place.
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 8:45 pm

i thought they said "you will break the silence" which made more sense to me, but i couldn't understand a word the silence said anyways.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 9:33 pm

Don't forget there are six more episodes in this season, so many of these questions about The Silence may still be answered. I'm sure we haven't seen the last of them.
Back to top Go down

S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next