DacaZ
Thete
DoctorOlly
Scary
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Rate S6E7: A Good Man Goes to War
Fantastic
S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 3 Vote_lcap50%S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 50% [ 20 ]
Good
S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 3 Vote_lcap25%S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 25% [ 10 ]
Okay
S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 3 Vote_lcap13%S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 13% [ 5 ]
Bad
S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 3 Vote_lcap5%S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
Terrible
S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 3 Vote_lcap7%S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 40

AuthorMessage
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 4:07 pm

Words can't begin to describe how lame that episode was.

So those are real Cybermen? An entire Cyberlegion destroyed in seconds as a message. So why should viewers ever believe Cybermen are a legitimate threat as an enemy when the Doctor-God can destroy thousands on a whim?

Almost everyone in time and space owes the Doctor-God a debt, and he goes to collect and raises an army consisting of a fat blue guy, a lactating Sontaran nurse and an 18-century lesbian Silurian. Wow. How epic.

Game-changing episode, ha! The only thing that changed for me is instead of thinking Moffat was a 3-trick pony I now think he's nothing but an incompetent hack.

"A Good Man Goes To War" more like "A Good Show Goes To H.ell".
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 4:15 pm

rdks wrote:

So those are real Cybermen? An entire Cyberlegion destroyed in seconds as a message. So why should viewers ever believe Cybermen are a legitimate threat as an enemy when the Doctor-God can destroy thousands on a whim?

Almost everyone in time and space owes the Doctor-God a debt, and he goes to collect and raises an army consisting of a fat blue guy, a lactating Sontaran nurse and an 18-century lesbian Silurian. Wow. How epic.

Game-changing episode, ha! The only thing that changed for me is instead of thinking Moffat was a 3-trick pony I now think he's nothing but an incompetent hack.

LOOOL!! I officially love you.

I completely agree. Underwhelming.
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
Thete
Thete

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2010-01-12

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 4:30 pm

rdks wrote:

Thanks for summing up my thoughts. I was gonna write a comment along the same lines, but realised the episode wasnt worth the trouble. So disappointed .. pale Sad
Back to top Go down
Rocco
Rocco

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2010-06-30

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 5:00 pm

Can i get a link to watch it for us here in the US?
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 5:20 pm

Rocco wrote:
Can i get a link to watch it for us here in the US?

Due to copyright, no website hosts Who episodes. The only way to see it in the US is by illegally downloading the torrent files and I do not condole that...
Back to top Go down
Rocco
Rocco

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 5:25 pm

That such a lie. I'll be able to watch it by tonight. I'm just super excited and i wanted to watch it now.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 5:38 pm

Rocco wrote:
That such a lie. I'll be able to watch it by tonight. I'm just super excited and i wanted to watch it now.

No I meant before it is broadcasted over there. Besides, I'm no expert, no need to call me a liar, thank you.
Back to top Go down
Rocco
Rocco

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 6:20 pm

Scarywood wrote:
Rocco wrote:

No I meant before it is broadcasted over there. Besides, I'm no expert, no need to call me a liar, thank you.

That won't be the episode broadcast tonight. Tonight over in the US will be the Almost people which i watched last week.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 6:20 pm

I actually loved the Doctor's "army"....it was unlikely, but the characters were great, they got the job done, after all. What else were we expecting?

Anyway, I know everyone here loves to hate the show, but I really enjoyed it, way better than a few other episodes this series. And for those who complain that we don't get answers, it resolved a few things.

Sorry guys, I respect that you don't like where things have headed and you didn't like this episode, but calling the guy an "incompetent hack" is going a bit too far. We all have our preferences. I myself feel the show has been much worse than this before.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 6:24 pm

kcooper76 wrote:
I actually loved the Doctor's "army"....it was unlikely, but the characters were great, they got the job done, after all. What else were we expecting?

Anyway, I know everyone here loves to hate the show, but I really enjoyed it, way better than a few other episodes this series. And for those who complain that we don't get answers, it resolved a few things.

Sorry guys, I respect that you don't like where things have headed and you didn't like this episode, but calling the guy an "incompetent hack" is going a bit too far. We all have our preferences. I myself feel the show has been much worse than this before.

I personally don't "hate" the show at all. I loved the first 4 episodes of the series, I just think after that it got a little confusing, boring and annoying. But then again, that's just me.

And you're right, we did get a few things solved, but now even more questions have risen in their place. Neutral
Back to top Go down
DacaZ
DacaZ

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2009-06-07

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 6:55 pm

I wasn't terribly satisfied with the twist vis-a-vis River, but after building it up this long, I expected as much. In the end, I'm kind of happy she just turned out to be who she turned out to be. That could have gone in multiple directions that would have upset me more.

That having been said, I really LOVED a lot about this episode, particularly his menagerie of an army. The Sontaran Nurse was hillarious and I had almost forgotten how much I love the Silurians with their battle masks on. Awesome. I thought the Headless Monks were cool too. We better get a lot of figures out of this episode, CO.

The whole Runaway speech was brilliant. Really enjoyed that.

I get the reservations people have about the whole Doctor destroying a Cyber Legion on a whim, but I can't get worked up about that. It was worth it to me just so Rory could deliver the "Should I repeat the question" line in all his formerly plastic Roman awesomeness.

I feel for the people who aren't digging this, but boy I thought it was a lot of fun.

What I hate is now having to wait for more. I despise this idea of splitting the Series, but oh well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.figurefanzero.com
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 7:19 pm

I agree that Rory was awesome. But then again, what more do you expect from him? Razz
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 7:49 pm

Actually first time I voted OK for a Matt Smith era episode. Shocked Crying or Very sad Well it was. The Doctor was hardly in it. I thought he would be more in the episode! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 10:03 pm

I loved this one, actually. Thought it was suitably epic and fun. I thought River's identity was pretty easy to guess after the last episode (even easier a little into this one) but that didn't stop it from being cool.

I was very happy.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 10:22 pm

Guys, we still haven't solved the mystery of River. All we know is her identity.

What is her relationship with the Doctor?

Who is the person she kills who presumably lands her in Stormcage?

Was she the little girl in The Impossible Astronaut?

And maybe it wasn't as "game changing" as we expected, but think about what River told the Doctor. The wake of destruction he leaves is changing the meaning of the word "doctor." What repercussions is this revelation going to have?

By the way, cool guys don't look at explosions. Rory fits the bill.

But... Seriously... They didn't need the Cybermen in this.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 10:46 pm

jaredofmo wrote:

I thought that's what they implied. That she was her. BUT that makes her behavior in that 2-parter a bit strange, no? As she's trying to help everyone find her. Plus if she IS her, it still doesn't explain why the girl was afraid and needed help in the first place. Any thoughts on this, guys?

And about whether or not it's the doctor she kills....so, basically she was brought up to bring down the doctor all along. I wonder what happened. Maybe she meets him one day as a young woman and he knows her so well and she realizes that she cares for him? Maybe that's what begins their relationship in the first place. The Doctor builds this bond with her to prevent her from one day killing him.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 10:49 pm

kcooper76 wrote:
jaredofmo wrote:

I thought that's what they implied. That she was her. BUT that makes her behavior in that 2-parter a bit strange, no? As she's trying to help everyone find her. Plus if she IS her, it still doesn't explain why the girl was afraid and needed help in the first place. Any thoughts on this, guys?

And about whether or not it's the doctor she kills....so, basically she was brought up to bring down the doctor all along. I wonder what happened. Maybe she meets him one day as a young woman and he knows her so well and she realizes that she cares for him?

... Maybe. I thought maybe the mysterious girl was "Melody's" daughter.

Chatbox?
Back to top Go down
TinDogRory
TinDogRory

Number of posts : 1462
Registration date : 2010-07-20

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 10:55 pm

Personally, I loved it quite a bit. Smith's acting is on fire. His reaction to the reveal - glancing between River and Amy-Rory - was excellent. Also... Rory kicking butt and taking names with a gladius in one hand and a blaster in the other. The army was very appropriately Doctor-y.

Might be time to update the Avatar.
Back to top Go down
http://aykfpod.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 11:40 pm

Maybe the man River kills is Churchill in an alternate history timeline.

Unless she kills him in the spacesuit because he isnt real.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 11:56 pm

I think we missed the point here about who is River. The baby was created as a weapon to defeat the Doctor. The "Good Man" she kills, is the Doctor. Just because she is Amy and Rory's child doesn't make here good, she is still hiding something very big. Why would Daleks fear her? She was the one who defeats their greatest enemy. Something they could never do.

I still love the cliffhangers, I love the mystery. I can't wait to see what this is going to end up as!

OK, So, yes, I really enjoyed this episode! I loved the Sontaran, the Silurian and her servant. I never thought a dying Sontaran would be a moving thing! I am bit confused about Dorian getting killed, since we have heard he is back. And all of the Doctor's Army was cool, but only from the Moffat era, would have been cool to have someone from the distant past, I could picture Sgt. Benton there!

I am sad that several did not enjoy it.

DON'T TRUST RIVER!!
Back to top Go down
Rocco
Rocco

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 12:35 am

I loved it. Simply astonishing. Watching The doctor destroy an entire Cyberman Fleet just to make a point. Watching him get angry. And wow Rory in this episode was absolutely brilliant. I have to say this could be one of my favorite from the moffat era. Something i'll definitely rewatch. The only part i didn't like was the River is Amys daughter, its just weird. Wow. I cannot wait until Autumn.

"Demons run, When a good man goes to war"

Oh and when he said "Your going to find out why i have so many" when talking about rules. Amazing Episode, Voted Fantastic. Loved seeing so many monsters, but i see a lot of you hating and i don't know why. Maybe its because i like seeing this big event thing instead of most just 1 part empty no point episodes.
Back to top Go down
TinDogRory
TinDogRory

Number of posts : 1462
Registration date : 2010-07-20

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 12:49 am

Part of me was saying "The Doctor is definitely saying 'This is for Adric'" during the opening.
Back to top Go down
http://aykfpod.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 2:44 am

Ok maybe after thinking it over. I think I want to say I enjoyed it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
denali76c
denali76c

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2010-02-18

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 4:46 am

Scarywood wrote:
Urm... okay then...

I just dunno... I'm sorry, for once Scarywood cannot say anything....

I know this much... I'm disappointed with the fact that River is simply Melody. What a waste of my time. I thought she'd be something a little more than that for crying out loud....

i'm curious what were thinking river might be? and i feel the opposite, if it had turned out she wasn't amy's daughter i would have been disappointed. the fact that all the characters share blood ties notches things up a bit, alot more is at stake.
i think the more we find out about river's past with the doctor and her upbringing the less disappointment will feel over the fact she's "only" amy's daughter.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 6:48 am

denali76c wrote:
Scarywood wrote:
Urm... okay then...

I just dunno... I'm sorry, for once Scarywood cannot say anything....

I know this much... I'm disappointed with the fact that River is simply Melody. What a waste of my time. I thought she'd be something a little more than that for crying out loud....

i'm curious what were thinking river might be? and i feel the opposite, if it had turned out she wasn't amy's daughter i would have been disappointed. the fact that all the characters share blood ties notches things up a bit, alot more is at stake.
i think the more we find out about river's past with the doctor and her upbringing the less disappointment will feel over the fact she's "only" amy's daughter.

After a 3 year build up, I just think she would have been someone a little more interesting. I think they've left it a little too long to tell us who she is as well. I'm sort of bored of the whole River Song storyline now.
Back to top Go down

S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next