DacaZ
Thete
DoctorOlly
Scary
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Rate S6E7: A Good Man Goes to War
Fantastic
S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 2 Vote_lcap50%S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 50% [ 20 ]
Good
S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 2 Vote_lcap25%S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 25% [ 10 ]
Okay
S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 13% [ 5 ]
Bad
S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
Terrible
S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 2 Vote_lcap7%S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 40

AuthorMessage
Anonymous

S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 2 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 4:08 pm

rdks wrote:
Spoilers for the episode

Spoiler:

Funniest thing I heard all day. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 2 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 6:01 pm

At the end of 'Flesh and Stone,' River says she kills "A good man." Do you not think it to be a bit convinient that this episode is called "A Good Man Goes to War."

Is this 'Good man' the one that she kills?
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 2 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 6:10 pm

Scarywood wrote:
Bet it's Rory. He's gone 2 whole episodes without dying. He's about due.
Back to top Go down
Rocco
Rocco

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2010-06-30

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 2 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 6:14 pm

rdks wrote:
Scarywood wrote:

^Made me smile.
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 2 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 6:23 pm

Or it's made to look as though River killed Rory. After all, River did tell the Doctor that she was only in the Stormcell due to a promise.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 2 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 7:11 pm

rdks wrote:
Scarywood wrote:

LOL! I thought this too but he is supposedly in the upcoming episodes of series 6 part 2. Perhaps this 'war' is on going though and he doesn't die until a later date?
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 2 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 8:29 pm

Or he doesn't die at all. I really don't get why people are so gung-ho about Rory biting the bullet. I like having a male companion on board for more then a handful of episodes.
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 2 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 9:56 pm

He never stays dead long. He could be back by the end of the episode.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 2 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 10:16 pm

What if River kills someone we never really met a lot? It would be a true shocker if it not even Rory or The Doctor. Wink
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 2 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 10:33 pm

What really churns my cheese is how blase' we treat the subject of a companion dying. When Adric died it was very controversial and we had a respect for death. Now, no one seems to understand the finality of true death. That is part of the reason, at least how I see it, that young people, at least in this country, have no problem at all in killing one another in gang incidents.

It is truly time for Doctor Who to take up the baton of instilling a new sense of respect in the way we view the world and how we can define our idea of being 'civilized'.
Back to top Go down
MatthewRex
MatthewRex

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 2 EmptyTue May 31, 2011 1:54 am

Whoosier Whovian wrote:
What really churns my cheese is how blase' we treat the subject of a companion dying. When Adric died it was very controversial and we had a respect for death. Now, no one seems to understand the finality of true death. That is part of the reason, at least how I see it, that young people, at least in this country, have no problem at all in killing one another in gang incidents.

It is truly time for Doctor Who to take up the baton of instilling a new sense of respect in the way we view the world and how we can define our idea of being 'civilized'.

I think it'd be more emotional if the characters in question didn't "die" every other episode. I'm not sure if it's as much of the youth's fault as the writers'. Death and near-death is thrown around a lot more as a plot device now than it used to be…just look at anything Joss Whedon writes…he uses character deaths as a crutch.
Back to top Go down
http://www.matthewrex.com
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 2 EmptyTue May 31, 2011 8:17 am

Whoosier Whovian wrote:

I completely agree with this, 100%. Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
TheGirlWhoWaited
TheGirlWhoWaited

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2010-06-27

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 2 EmptyTue May 31, 2011 9:58 pm

I love how in the prequel they are totally trying to say the baby is the doctor's but let's be real.. thats too easy isn't it?
Back to top Go down
http://brittycupcakes.tumblr.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 2 EmptyTue May 31, 2011 10:29 pm

I didnt get the implication at all.
Just like you don't step on Supeman's cape, you dont mess with The Doctor's friends!

He will kick your arse! Just ask, well, any villian whose arse he has kicked in the past 700 years of time travelling.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 1:34 am

I was just reminded about the images of the rhino head looking through the hotel door peephole, and the clown in the room.........

Remember those?
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 9:10 pm

PREVIEW CLIPS!

... If I have to say "Spoilers," you are in the wrong thread.

... I think I might like Dorium enough to buy a figure of him if they make it.
Back to top Go down
Rocco
Rocco

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2010-06-30

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 9:18 pm

jaredofmo wrote:
PREVIEW CLIPS!

... If I have to say "Spoilers," you are in the wrong thread.

That last line is definately one of my favorite quotes ever from drwho.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 9:35 pm

jaredofmo wrote:

It's possible,
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 11:53 pm

I want the Eye Patch lady. Sad
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 4:09 am

The first clip.... Sleep . I'm so tired of River Song, can't wait for her to be gone from the show.

But that second clip... that looks cool. I'm getting a little excited for this episode. Hope it delivers. Fingers crossed!
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 9:54 am

Indeed, that second clip washes away all the doubts and fears and just gets me excited. That's how you hype an episode and storyline.

It also has the precedent to be a "Game Changer" in the sense if the Doctor is finally collecting on 900 years worth of debts, he'll conceivably have to start from scratch afterwards. Meaning he stops being a Temporal Celebrity and goes back to being a Wanderer of the Fourth Dimension.
Back to top Go down
rmlextreme
rmlextreme

Number of posts : 779
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 12:57 pm

WOW WOW WOW WOW

And furthermore

WOW WOW WOW WOW

and this is with 4 years of College

WOW WOW WOW WOW

So is River The Baby???????????????????????????

So were one week behind the UK cause of the holiday

UK FANS i want to see Spoilers and lots of them. Get Busy !!!!!!!!!!!!
*and stupid usa itunes is a week behind cause of the holiday
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 2:36 pm

Urm... okay then...

I just dunno... I'm sorry, for once Scarywood cannot say anything....

I know this much... I'm disappointed with the fact that River is simply Melody. What a waste of my time. I thought she'd be something a little more than that for crying out loud....
Back to top Go down
DoctorOlly
DoctorOlly

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2007-09-01

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 2:41 pm

Very disappointed. Was hoping that Moffat would've come up with a clever twist. But no. And it wasn't as good as I thought it would be.

Right, one question; what was the need of the Cybermen? Was it "just to make a point"? Wouldn't it have been a good idea to use them in the battle, since they're meant to be the Doctor's second biggest adversary next to the Daleks?
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 2:47 pm

DoctorOlly wrote:
Very disappointed. Was hoping that Moffat would've come up with a clever twist. But no. And it wasn't as good as I thought it would be.

Right, one question; what was the need of the Cybermen? Was it "just to make a point"? Wouldn't it have been a good idea to use them in the battle, since they're meant to be the Doctor's second biggest adversary next to the Daleks?

I think I agree with this. Was hoping to see more of them, and there was still no mention that they were the "real" Cybermen.
Back to top Go down

S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next