3% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 30

AuthorMessage
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

S6E5: The Rebel Flesh Empty
PostSubject: S6E5: The Rebel Flesh   S6E5: The Rebel Flesh EmptySat May 14, 2011 2:31 pm

*Play Theme Tune*

COMING SOON TO BBC1 AND BBCA! Razz

Last edited by Scarywood on Sat May 21, 2011 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
Doctor Who Freak
Doctor Who Freak

Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2009-08-08

PostSubject: Re: S6E5: The Rebel Flesh   S6E5: The Rebel Flesh EmptySat May 14, 2011 3:08 pm

Scarywood wrote:
*Play Theme Tune*

And BBC1 HD Razz
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: S6E5: The Rebel Flesh   S6E5: The Rebel Flesh EmptySat May 14, 2011 3:12 pm

Doctor Who Freak wrote:
Scarywood wrote:
*Play Theme Tune*

And BBC1 HD Razz

Haha, hadn't though of that! Razz
Back to top Go down
DacaZ
DacaZ

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2009-06-07

PostSubject: Re: S6E5: The Rebel Flesh   S6E5: The Rebel Flesh EmptySat May 14, 2011 5:01 pm

I think this two-parter is going to be awesome. Seems like the story will be very Classic Who.

And I'm really happy that Marshall Lancaster will be in it. He's brilliant on Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes. Now, if we can just get Philip Glenister on Who I would be a very happy fan.
Back to top Go down
http://www.figurefanzero.com
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: S6E5: The Rebel Flesh   S6E5: The Rebel Flesh EmptySun May 15, 2011 8:49 pm

I just found out this is written by Matthew Graham. Yes, the same Matthew Graham who wrote Fear Her.
affraid
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: S6E5: The Rebel Flesh   S6E5: The Rebel Flesh EmptySun May 15, 2011 8:51 pm

Oh, I am nervous now! LOL.

But the reason I usually skip that episode is that I just don't like the little girl!
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: S6E5: The Rebel Flesh   S6E5: The Rebel Flesh EmptySun May 15, 2011 9:50 pm

Seeing as how I didn't mind Fear Her, I'm willing to give it a shot.

At the same time, the previews give off a very Sontaran vibe, despite the fact they're Humans, not Sontarans.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S6E5: The Rebel Flesh   S6E5: The Rebel Flesh EmptySun May 15, 2011 10:01 pm

Rust wrote:

At the same time, the previews give off a very Sontaran vibe, despite the fact they're Humans, not Sontarans.
Wink
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S6E5: The Rebel Flesh   S6E5: The Rebel Flesh EmptySun May 15, 2011 11:59 pm

And the episode that I'm gonna be scared of and have nightmares from. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Clavius
Clavius

Number of posts : 578
Registration date : 2007-10-03

PostSubject: Re: S6E5: The Rebel Flesh   S6E5: The Rebel Flesh EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:31 pm

Gotta say, I don't hate Fear Her as much as many seem to. It 'aint a masterpiece by any stretch, but it's got a creepy vibe to it that I kind of dig.

So I forget, are they airing 6 or 7 eps before the break?

I hate this move the more I think about it. If it ends on a huge cliffhanger that i have to wait until fall to see resolved, I'm gonna commit hari kari. (Nearly burned the house down after my very first viewing of Best of Both Worlds Part 1 way back when).

Also, it opens the door to those despicable 1/2 season dvd box sets. Granted season 6.0 or whatever they're calling it actually comes out pretty quickly, but still, give me the whole season or nothing at all. I'm content to wait.
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

PostSubject: Re: S6E5: The Rebel Flesh   S6E5: The Rebel Flesh EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:38 pm

Clavius wrote:
7 eps, then a 13-week break.
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

PostSubject: Re: S6E5: The Rebel Flesh   S6E5: The Rebel Flesh EmptyMon May 16, 2011 4:46 pm

Clavius wrote:
Gotta say, I don't hate Fear Her as much as many seem to. It 'aint a masterpiece by any stretch, but it's got a creepy vibe to it that I kind of dig.

I hate this move the more I think about it. If it ends on a huge cliffhanger that i have to wait until fall to see resolved, I'm gonna commit hari kari. (Nearly burned the house down after my very first viewing of Best of Both Worlds Part 1 way back when).

Also, it opens the door to those despicable 1/2 season dvd box sets. Granted season 6.0 or whatever they're calling it actually comes out pretty quickly, but still, give me the whole season or nothing at all. I'm content to wait.

I agree with this. I hate partial seasons and if they do end on a cliffhanger, that's going to make things even worse.
Back to top Go down
denali76c
denali76c

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2010-02-18

PostSubject: Re: S6E5: The Rebel Flesh   S6E5: The Rebel Flesh EmptyTue May 17, 2011 3:31 pm

rdks wrote:
I just found out this is written by Matthew Graham. Yes, the same Matthew Graham who wrote Fear Her.
affraid
i'm one of the few that actually liked "fear her". the doctor being trapped in a child's drawing was awesome!!!
Back to top Go down
denali76c
denali76c

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2010-02-18

PostSubject: Re: S6E5: The Rebel Flesh   S6E5: The Rebel Flesh EmptyTue May 17, 2011 3:37 pm

Whoosier Whovian wrote:
Rust wrote:

Wink
there probably humans using sontaran tech.
Back to top Go down
neogeo
neogeo

Number of posts : 2159
Registration date : 2010-08-18

PostSubject: Re: S6E5: The Rebel Flesh   S6E5: The Rebel Flesh EmptySat May 21, 2011 12:51 pm

8 hours 15 minutes & counting down ...with some trepidation.

I'm sort of okay with cliffhangers (growing up in Greeley I had summer matinee passes to see Zorro and other cliffhangers at the theater, and before that when living in Cupertino my friends & I would watch Monster Mash on KTVU as well as cliffhangers like Hopalong, Lone Ranger, &c.). But after the BSG mid-season rubbish I'm a bit put off. At least here the delay can still be measured in weeks rather than months.

And, unfortunately, I'm not a huge fan of Fear Her. Life on Mars was pretty good though, as was Ashes to Ashes. We'll just have to see I suppose ...
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: S6E5: The Rebel Flesh   S6E5: The Rebel Flesh EmptySat May 21, 2011 2:41 pm

Poll is up. I voted 'Good'.

It was an interesting episode and I liked it, just after last week's epicness I was sort of expecting something equally fantastic. Unfortunately that didn't happen. But still a good episode!
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

PostSubject: Re: S6E5: The Rebel Flesh   S6E5: The Rebel Flesh EmptySat May 21, 2011 4:01 pm

Well that was... average. Nothing great, nothing bad. Rory was awesome, as usual. Thankfully Amy didn't have too many lines so she wasn't tremendously annoying. The plot I found similar to the Silurian episodes last year - a group of humans, trapped somewhere, the Doctor trying to convince everyone to get along, and almost does until a woman kills one and messes it all up. Still, it was fun. I had trouble understanding a few of the cast with thick accents so next time I watch it I'll be using subtitles.

The one thing that bothered me - and this is a very small gripe - were the acid suits. I've worked extensively with the strongest forms of acid there are and those suits would be completely useless.

The thing I'm happiest about is I didn't hate it. 3 weeks in a row I've enjoyed watching Doctor Who, and that hasn't happened since Moffat took over.

Too bad for those who watch the show on television in North America, as it's not on next week. You'll have to wait 2 weeks for the second part.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: S6E5: The Rebel Flesh   S6E5: The Rebel Flesh EmptySat May 21, 2011 4:04 pm

rdks wrote:
I had trouble understanding a few of the cast with thick accents so next time I watch it I'll be using subtitles.

LOL yeah, our regional accents can get odd sometimes. Believe me, that was nothing compaired to some others you get over here. Razz
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

PostSubject: Re: S6E5: The Rebel Flesh   S6E5: The Rebel Flesh EmptySat May 21, 2011 5:10 pm

rdks wrote:
. The plot I found similar to the Silurian episodes last year

Glad I'm not the only one that noticed that.

I voted 50/50. It wasn't a bad episode, but it's one of those episodes that is really going to work better as a full event rather then broken up into two parts.

What struck me most about the episode though is that the Acid Suits had a very Sontaran vibe to them, but the whole concept behind the Gangers actually is more reminiscent of the Nestene, especially the way the Gangers started using their bodies.

At this point I'm going to guess what the Doctor's stumbled upon is the remains of the Nestene he (accidentally) killed back in Rose, being utilized by Humanity for some unknown purpose and the Sontaran motif is a red herring. But, we'll see.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S6E5: The Rebel Flesh   S6E5: The Rebel Flesh EmptySat May 21, 2011 5:53 pm

Now this is more like it.

Really good episode!!

Could the Ganger Doctor be the Doctor that got killed in the 1st episode? hmmm?! Smile
Back to top Go down
DacaZ
DacaZ

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2009-06-07

PostSubject: Re: S6E5: The Rebel Flesh   S6E5: The Rebel Flesh EmptySat May 21, 2011 6:25 pm

I actually went with Fantastic on this one, as much as I can say without seeing the second part. It really struck a chord in the classic Who lover in me.

Back to top Go down
http://www.figurefanzero.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S6E5: The Rebel Flesh   S6E5: The Rebel Flesh EmptySat May 21, 2011 6:36 pm

workstinx wrote:
Could the Ganger Doctor be the Doctor that got killed in the 1st episode? hmmm?! Smile

look at one of my previous posts on another topic.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S6E5: The Rebel Flesh   S6E5: The Rebel Flesh EmptySat May 21, 2011 7:02 pm

I feel like the first half of this was long and slow and the second half picked up and became more interesting. An 'ok' episode. I agree with Rust that if the pace was quicker, this would have worked well as just one part. However....

..I don't see the plot similarity to the Silurian two-parter. Other than the whole 'Killing-one-of-their-kind = Revenge' thing.
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

PostSubject: Re: S6E5: The Rebel Flesh   S6E5: The Rebel Flesh EmptySat May 21, 2011 7:33 pm

kcooper76 wrote:
.I don't see the plot similarity to the Silurian two-parter.
"In the future, in an old church converted into an industrial factory, a group of humans are trapped and besieged by an unknown species. The Doctor nearly peacefully settles their differences until a female human kills one of the species (by electrocution) which causes them to fight". Can you tell which episode I'm referring to? Razz

I'm not saying it's exactly the same, or that the Silurian episode was groundbreakingly original. Just certain plot elements were shared between the two. To be fair, the same plot elements are used in many other Who episodes, and many other shows for that matter. It's just basic storytelling. It didn't take anything away from this episode or make it less enjoyable, just a few similarities exist if one chooses to look for them.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S6E5: The Rebel Flesh   S6E5: The Rebel Flesh EmptySat May 21, 2011 7:38 pm

"Trust me, I'm The Doctor" CREEPOTASTIC! Shocked drunken < bubbly stuff
Back to top Go down

S6E5: The Rebel Flesh
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Episode Discussion-
Jump to: