rdks
DacaZ
Rust
Scary
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Rate S6E4: The Doctor's Wife
Fantastic! Brilliant! Molto benne!
S6E4: The Doctor's Wife - Page 4 Vote_lcap83%S6E4: The Doctor's Wife - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 83% [ 35 ]
Okay, Average, 50/50
S6E4: The Doctor's Wife - Page 4 Vote_lcap14%S6E4: The Doctor's Wife - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 14% [ 6 ]
Terrible, outrageous, c'était nul!
S6E4: The Doctor's Wife - Page 4 Vote_lcap2%S6E4: The Doctor's Wife - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 42

AuthorMessage
Raston o' Rassilon
Raston o' Rassilon

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2011-01-29

S6E4: The Doctor's Wife - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: S6E4: The Doctor's Wife   S6E4: The Doctor's Wife - Page 4 EmptySun May 15, 2011 12:17 pm

Whoosier Whovian wrote:
And maybe it wasnt obvious enough for me, but what was it we saw that we hadnt seen since The War Games?

I believe it was the psychic 'emergency messaging system' box container- at least I don't recall seeing another since 'War Games.'
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 2207
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: S6E4: The Doctor's Wife   S6E4: The Doctor's Wife - Page 4 EmptySun May 15, 2011 1:44 pm

I love how Sexy calls the Doctor her Thief. So much great dialogue in this one.

Last edited by Evil Monkey Pope on Mon May 16, 2011 2:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: S6E4: The Doctor's Wife   S6E4: The Doctor's Wife - Page 4 EmptySun May 15, 2011 1:56 pm

I had heard rumors that the Coral console room was to appear again, but I was really hoping for a Classic console room. They've just been spruced up for the Dr. Who Experience so there would have been at least one old console room ready for filming.

But the references to the War Games cubes was nice.
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: S6E4: The Doctor's Wife   S6E4: The Doctor's Wife - Page 4 EmptySun May 15, 2011 4:24 pm

Halfway through my third viewing of it and it's still awesome. So much fun. My kids loved it, too. They haven't been this excited about a Who episode in a long time. It's rather nice.

Amazing performance by Rory as the old man. All of his natural comedy was gone and he was a little scary. I loved it. And the "Die Amy!" and "Hate Amy!" written all over the walls before he died. I know I've felt like that after some episodes.

Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: S6E4: The Doctor's Wife   S6E4: The Doctor's Wife - Page 4 EmptySun May 15, 2011 8:04 pm

Whoosier Whovian wrote:
A buddy from the UK pointed something out to me this morning and I will pass it on......

Listen to the voices.

I tried to but was just living the episode, he thinks that it may have something important in what is said coming up.

And maybe it wasnt obvious enough for me, but what was it we saw that we hadnt seen since The War Games?

OMG! The voice when the Ood gets fixed, sounds Very familiar to me!

Listen to it again, and see if you think it is
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
MatthewRex
MatthewRex

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: S6E4: The Doctor's Wife   S6E4: The Doctor's Wife - Page 4 EmptySun May 15, 2011 8:09 pm

Ronpur wrote:
Whoosier Whovian wrote:
A buddy from the UK pointed something out to me this morning and I will pass it on......

Listen to the voices.

I tried to but was just living the episode, he thinks that it may have something important in what is said coming up.

Spoiler:

I thought the exact same thing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.matthewrex.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S6E4: The Doctor's Wife   S6E4: The Doctor's Wife - Page 4 EmptySun May 15, 2011 8:09 pm

what exactly does he say? I have been trying to pick stuff out, but probably best if someone who has a super audio editing program could do it for us.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S6E4: The Doctor's Wife   S6E4: The Doctor's Wife - Page 4 EmptySun May 15, 2011 8:14 pm

If it is the one that asks for the high council to be contacted it isnt who you think it is. Sorry, would have been nice, but it isn't. No
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: S6E4: The Doctor's Wife   S6E4: The Doctor's Wife - Page 4 EmptySun May 15, 2011 8:20 pm

I wondered if it might have been him but that would make zero sense since the Doctor has never been to the house before.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: S6E4: The Doctor's Wife   S6E4: The Doctor's Wife - Page 4 EmptySun May 15, 2011 8:26 pm

To me, it just sounded like him, not like he was meant to be The Doctor.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S6E4: The Doctor's Wife   S6E4: The Doctor's Wife - Page 4 EmptySun May 15, 2011 8:56 pm

I thought this was a fantastic episode that touched on a number of great issues -

we got some insight into the Dr's past and putting the TARDIS into a female body and letting her/it talk to the Dr after all of the adventures they have been through was wonderful!

Did anyone notice the part when the Dr said that a time lord can change sex when they regenerate?

WONDERFUL I'm watching it for a 2nd time!!
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: S6E4: The Doctor's Wife   S6E4: The Doctor's Wife - Page 4 EmptySun May 15, 2011 9:52 pm

I always took the possible Paul McGann sounding voice to be Corsair's.
Back to top Go down
Clavius
Clavius

Number of posts : 578
Registration date : 2007-10-03

PostSubject: Re: S6E4: The Doctor's Wife   S6E4: The Doctor's Wife - Page 4 EmptySun May 15, 2011 11:44 pm

MatthewRex wrote:
Ronpur wrote:
Whoosier Whovian wrote:

Listen to the voices.

Spoiler:

I thought the exact same thing.

YES! DITTO! I jumped on here immediately after watching this to see if anyone else thought the same! Glad I'm not alone on this! Oh, please, oh please let it be true!

Incidentally, I'm firmly in agreement with the "Best Matt Smith Episode" crowd. I was so totally blown away.

I've honestly hoped for an episode where the TARDIS was actually personified like this, where The Doctor could actually have a dialogue with it, if even for a short time. Tonight, Neil Gaiman granted my wish in the best possible way! It truly adds a new dimension to The Doctor's "relationship" with his beloved machine. And the idea that "she" stole him too, because he was the only one mad enough to step inside, LOVE IT!

(also love that my 9-10 TARDIS play set is relevant again! Thanks Neil! Now I'm off to stick 11, Amy and an Ood in it. :-)

oh and CO? Idris figure STAT!)
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: S6E4: The Doctor's Wife   S6E4: The Doctor's Wife - Page 4 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 am

Just watched that part again and you're right, it sounds exactly like him! It's great they're getting him involved with the new series, just wish he was actually in a multi-Doctor story playing his incarnation on screen for once!
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
Wes Crayon
Wes Crayon

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Re: S6E4: The Doctor's Wife   S6E4: The Doctor's Wife - Page 4 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:58 am

I kinda wish there was a rating between Fantastic and Average I could cast! I liked the episode, and it's easily my favorite in Series 6, but I don't think it was brilliant. The premise was neat, much of the dialogue was very clever (sexy, even! Laughing ), and I rather liked the "feel" of the episode -- it reminded me of some of the Douglas Adams serials from the Baker run -- but there were also some things I didn't like.

For instance, I could totally have done without the Amy/Rory mindgame corridor dash, and there were a handful of places where the dialogue just completely broke. The most notable place was the "fear me" dialogue -- it didn't really fit with what was said before it, and its only reason for inclusion in that exchange seemed to be that it would sound cool in a trailer. The insertion of the "emotional" moment towards the end just didn't work for me, either (in general, I don't think these moments have been very compelling with Smith), in that it's not like they were really saying goodbye. I also took issue with the TARDIS spirit taking Idris's appearance in its projected form, but that's a minor nitpick. Aaaand there were also parts where Smith channeled Tennant a little too strongly, just when I'd been thinking he was coming into his own Doctor.

But yeah, in general, I liked the episode -- just didn't love it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scary-crayon.com/
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: S6E4: The Doctor's Wife   S6E4: The Doctor's Wife - Page 4 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 11:00 am

Noted! I'll make sure I rary the options for 'The Rebel Flesh'! Wink
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: S6E4: The Doctor's Wife   S6E4: The Doctor's Wife - Page 4 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:47 pm

I'm still not sure how I feel about this episode. I watched it twice and I just don't know. I think I'm supposed to like it because it's Neil Gaimon's, but I don't know why I should...
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: S6E4: The Doctor's Wife   S6E4: The Doctor's Wife - Page 4 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:58 pm

SeaDevil wrote:
I'm still not sure how I feel about this episode. I watched it twice and I just don't know. I think I'm supposed to like it because it's Neil Gaimon's, but I don't know why I should...

Well you just said you should because it's Neil Gaimon's Razz Wink
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: S6E4: The Doctor's Wife   S6E4: The Doctor's Wife - Page 4 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 4:03 pm

Yeah, but... ARGH! Is that a good enough reason? I just don't know...
Back to top Go down
rmlextreme
rmlextreme

Number of posts : 779
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: S6E4: The Doctor's Wife   S6E4: The Doctor's Wife - Page 4 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 4:45 pm

We almost had another Rory Death scene in the Corridors lol. I have to say the special effects they have this year are amazing for Dr Who. Now here are 2 Questions.

The Tardis put that riddle about the river in Rorys head. Another tie in to Dr Song?

The Only Water In The Forest Is The River

I also liked when the Tardis said she archived Control rooms that didnt exist yet soooo maybe we get to see a future control room? im sure undergorund toys would be on board with that one

This was a Great weekend we saw Clark Kent put the Suit on and the Tardis is as looney as the Doctor lol

Last edited by rmlextreme on Mon May 16, 2011 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: S6E4: The Doctor's Wife   S6E4: The Doctor's Wife - Page 4 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 4:45 pm

SeaDevil wrote:
Yeah, but... ARGH! Is that a good enough reason? I just don't know...

I liked it for its epicness; At first I was excited because I thought Omega and I thought Time Lords, but then that was blown out the water and I was upset, but Idris is still 'something' and I'm wondering is she a Time Lord? But she isn't, she's the TARDIS, and so I'm sort of going with it and then it just got really cool. The TARDIS console building and the way the junk yard TARDIS flew through the vortex was awesome and then Amy and Rory running around with their heads being messed with. It was just epic, and that's why I loved it, personally. Smile
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

PostSubject: Re: S6E4: The Doctor's Wife   S6E4: The Doctor's Wife - Page 4 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 4:57 pm

What I can hear from the Distress Calls:

"If you are receiving this message, please help me. Send a signal to the High Council of Time Lords on Gallifrey. Tell them I am still alive. I...I don't know where I am some...some planet!"

The rest of the voices are too faint to make out.

That being said, the Doctor's reaction to it doesn't fit with what was he was expecting, and it doesn't make it Corsair either. I forgot Rory asked the Doctor point blank, and the Doctor responded negatively. Saying what Nephew was picking up was impossible. So the theories he was picking up transmissions from the Time War hold water...

...and the only water in the forest is the river.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: S6E4: The Doctor's Wife   S6E4: The Doctor's Wife - Page 4 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 4:59 pm

Oh, wow, transmissions from the Time War, and who was the Doctor during the Time War?
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: S6E4: The Doctor's Wife   S6E4: The Doctor's Wife - Page 4 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 5:04 pm

Ronpur wrote:
Oh, wow, transmissions from the Time War, and who was the Doctor during the Time War?

So his own distress call... even though he was the one who did it all in the end? Razz
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

PostSubject: Re: S6E4: The Doctor's Wife   S6E4: The Doctor's Wife - Page 4 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 5:14 pm

It's less about the transmissions and more about what that represents.

Let's say for the sake of argument Nephew was picking up Time War transmissions. That would, logically, make Nephew an Ood that existed during the Time War, and he was actually still linked to that era. Auntie makes mention that the Ood was half dead when he arrived and House fixed him.

That means Nephew is a refugee from the Time War. As far as the Doctor can remember, he never met the Ood until the events of The Impossible Planet, which took place well after the Time War was under the lock and key of the Time Lock.

If the Ood have become in the Time War and one could be ejected from the Universe via a Rift while still within the Time Lock, that means 1) The Time Lock is leaking and 2) The Time War is expanding
Back to top Go down

S6E4: The Doctor's Wife
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next