Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DoctorOlly
DoctorOlly

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2007-09-01

Doctor Who 5" Figure Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Doctor Who 5" Figure Reviews   Doctor Who 5" Figure Reviews EmptySat Sep 08, 2007 7:55 am

Okay, I've started this topic so you can review the 5" figures. Today I will be reviewing: 'Series 1' Rose Doctor Who 5" Figure Reviews 109-0916

Welcome everyone to the first review (Hopefully of many) by DoctorOlly. Today I will be reviewing 'Series 1' Rose. As you can see her hair has brown-ish highlights in it which I quite like (I do not like the new Series 1 Rose where it has really blonde hair, it doesn't look right, to me anyway!) she wears a pink coat and on the back of it says 'Rose'
Okay, onto arculation. She has arclation in her elbows, but not like other figures, the arculation in her elbows make them move side-ways, a lot like the arculation in her shoulder, which makes her shoulders move up and down. She has arculation in her waist which means you can turn her torso/legs, also you can move her legs backwards and forwards, the only main problem with the arculation in the legs is that the legs have to be in a certain postion for her to stand. I would give the arculation: 7/10 as you can't bend her knees or elbows Rolling Eyes.
Onto the outfit. I like the outfit, which she wore in 'Rose'. The Rose figure wears blue demin jeans, a pink jacket and a dark pink top underneath the jacket. She also wears a few rings. I give the outfit: 8/10.
Okay, the paint job. I like the paint, although the colour of her skin is a weird colour, otherwise its quite good. I'll give the paint an... 8/10.
Overall, its an okay figure. I'll give the overall figure an: 7 and a half/10, the figure doesn't look like Rose. If anyone wants a Rose I would say go for the 'Series 2/New Earth' Rose, which I will be reviewing on the 23rd of September, so look out for that! The next review will be on the 9th September (Tomorrow) and the figure I will be reviewing is one of my favourite figures: The Slitheen!
Rose Tyler is played by Billie Piper.
Thanks for reading!
Back to top Go down
LakeErieMonster
LakeErieMonster

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2007-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who 5" Figure Reviews   Doctor Who 5" Figure Reviews EmptySat Sep 08, 2007 11:24 pm

I think CO rushed these early figures a little which explains why they are more Static-action figures.(see 9th as well). Alas I read somewhere that we can forget about getting any other versions of Rose since billie has pulled the rights to her likeness from CO.
I would give the figure a 7/10 just because of it's importance and outfit.
Back to top Go down
DoctorOlly
DoctorOlly

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2007-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who 5" Figure Reviews   Doctor Who 5" Figure Reviews EmptySun Sep 09, 2007 4:08 am

Yeah, I wasn't sure whether to give it a 7 or a 7 and a half. Its not the best figure, I might give it to my brother because I've got the 'New Earth' Rose
Back to top Go down
mumbojumbo21
mumbojumbo21

Number of posts : 381
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who 5" Figure Reviews   Doctor Who 5" Figure Reviews EmptySun Mar 02, 2008 10:43 am

Rather than start a new thread when a perfectly titled one already exists, I'll post here. Smile

The Weeping Angel figure looks wonderful but I do not like the fact that the hands do not go all the way to the face. If I put them at an angle towards me, I can see their face which is disappointing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.libriumarcana.com/phpBB2/
dca
dca

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who 5" Figure Reviews   Doctor Who 5" Figure Reviews EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 3:18 pm

Hi. if anyone can tell me what the free Top Trump cards are that come with the new range of 5" figures are it would be greatly appreciated - please see here:

http://www.whona.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=W&Product_Code=5regendoc&Category_Code=DWTE

Many thanks, Nick
Back to top Go down
mumbojumbo21
mumbojumbo21

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who 5" Figure Reviews   Doctor Who 5" Figure Reviews EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 10:49 pm

I finally bought the regeneration set since it was $6 somewhere and I have to wonder about Eccleston's Doctor. What is up with his left arm? I mean, what was it suppose to be a pose of?

As for Tennant, he looks like he aged ten human years; he looks so pale.

While I was at the shop, looking at the Doctor Who figures on one shelf and the Star Wars figures pegged on the opposite wall, I realized how much more of a value I was getting in Who figures even if they were at retail price. Who figures looks more fantastic than them.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who 5" Figure Reviews   Doctor Who 5" Figure Reviews EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 11:38 pm

There is a picture of him with Rose on the designworks site that is a natural pose for the pair of them. Sorry dont have the link handy
Back to top Go down
mumbojumbo21
mumbojumbo21

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who 5" Figure Reviews   Doctor Who 5" Figure Reviews EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 1:50 pm

I found it. I don't have a Rose figure so I'm just going to have the left hand raised like those fencing people have.
Back to top Go down

Doctor Who 5" Figure Reviews
Page 1 of 1