Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

S6E1: The Impossible Astronaut (SPOILERS)

Go down 
+18
bret_owen99
Matesamo
Wes Crayon
squishy
CrochetOwl
denali76c
jonwes
greenk9
rdks
timewarrior
Rust
DacaZ
flavoredair
Evil Monkey Pope
jaredofmo
SeaDevil
Ronpur
Scary
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Rate S6E1: The Impossible Astronaut
Fantastic! Molto benne! Très bien!
S6E1: The Impossible Astronaut (SPOILERS) - Page 4 Vote_lcap56%S6E1: The Impossible Astronaut (SPOILERS) - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 56% [ 15 ]
Average, okay, half and half
S6E1: The Impossible Astronaut (SPOILERS) - Page 4 Vote_lcap33%S6E1: The Impossible Astronaut (SPOILERS) - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 33% [ 9 ]
Terrible, diabolical, c'était nul!
S6E1: The Impossible Astronaut (SPOILERS) - Page 4 Vote_lcap11%S6E1: The Impossible Astronaut (SPOILERS) - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 11% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 27

AuthorMessage
Wes Crayon
Wes Crayon

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2008-08-26

S6E1: The Impossible Astronaut (SPOILERS) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: S6E1: The Impossible Astronaut (SPOILERS)   S6E1: The Impossible Astronaut (SPOILERS) - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 4:23 am

By the way, did I miss the part in this episode where the aliens are referred to as the Silence? Or are people drawing upon outside sources to give them that name? It seems kinda lame to me that these things should be responsible for all the stuff that happened last season.

Also, the 3rd Doctor totally drank wine. If I remember it, so should he!
Back to top Go down
http://www.scary-crayon.com/
The 2nd Doctor Roberts
The 2nd Doctor Roberts

Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-07-21

PostSubject: Re: S6E1: The Impossible Astronaut (SPOILERS)   S6E1: The Impossible Astronaut (SPOILERS) - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 4:49 am

Scarywood wrote:
SeaDevil wrote:
I didn't like the "Amy's story recap" with the opening credits. That better not return. It's not all about her - it's about the Doctor. I'm sick and tired of her being the focus of seemingly everything. The name of the show is Doctor Who not Amy and Pals.

I agree. I do like her, and at first I was thrilled that the companion was being focused on a little more, but this is rather over the top.

It seems likely it's part of the opening credits now. Otherwise it would've been off the very top of the show, before the first scene. It does come off rather old-fashioned, doesn't it...the sort of thing you'd see on American shows back in the 60s or 70s...or even the 80s...

Maybe the Moff thinks the name of the show is "The A(my)-Team"...

Now what would be cool is if they did a Rory version next week...to take the you-know-what out of Amy's... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sergiusbulgakov

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2007-02-22

PostSubject: Re: S6E1: The Impossible Astronaut (SPOILERS)   S6E1: The Impossible Astronaut (SPOILERS) - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 6:37 am

Wes Crayon wrote:
By the way, did I miss the part in this episode where the aliens are referred to as the Silence? Or are people drawing upon outside sources to give them that name? It seems kinda lame to me that these things should be responsible for all the stuff that happened last season.

They are the Silence.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/characters/The_Silence

The real question is whether or not they are bad, or if their fall leads to the revelation of the real bad of the season. I think the second will be the case. They seem too afraid, too much in hiding, to be the real threat. I think they are hiding parts of the universe from the real threat (places which go silent really are just under their cloak/protection, and appear to be destroyed/gone but really are not). I am not saying they have the best of motives, either, but I just think they are a diversion.

Back to top Go down
http://vox-nova.com
Wes Crayon
Wes Crayon

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Re: S6E1: The Impossible Astronaut (SPOILERS)   S6E1: The Impossible Astronaut (SPOILERS) - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 10:21 am

Yeah, I know they are the Silence, I was just wondering where it was mentioned in the episode (since I obviously missed that)! That was my question. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.scary-crayon.com/
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: S6E1: The Impossible Astronaut (SPOILERS)   S6E1: The Impossible Astronaut (SPOILERS) - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 10:50 am

The Amy introduction was part of the US broadcast only.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S6E1: The Impossible Astronaut (SPOILERS)   S6E1: The Impossible Astronaut (SPOILERS) - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 3:45 pm

jaredofmo wrote:

What? Did I miss it? I did see this episode online. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S6E1: The Impossible Astronaut (SPOILERS)   S6E1: The Impossible Astronaut (SPOILERS) - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 3:53 pm

Maybe it's just me but I prefer the focus mainly on the companions. Ok...yeah, it's definitely just me.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S6E1: The Impossible Astronaut (SPOILERS)   S6E1: The Impossible Astronaut (SPOILERS) - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 4:00 pm

jaredofmo wrote:

I can't seem to find this anywhere online
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: S6E1: The Impossible Astronaut (SPOILERS)   S6E1: The Impossible Astronaut (SPOILERS) - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 4:15 pm

jaredofmo wrote:
And Canadian. Wink
kcooper76 wrote:
The episode is online at the Canadian Space Channel HERE. You might be geolocked out, I'm not sure. If so, you'll have to wait for BBC America to get the episode online. Once you can watch it, the Amy segment starts at 4:22. It's only about 20 seconds long.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: S6E1: The Impossible Astronaut (SPOILERS)   S6E1: The Impossible Astronaut (SPOILERS) - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 4:30 pm

rdks wrote:
jaredofmo wrote:
And Canadian. Wink
kcooper76 wrote:
The episode is online at the Canadian Space Channel HERE. You might be geolocked out, I'm not sure. If so, you'll have to wait for BBC America to get the episode online. Once you can watch it, the Amy segment starts at 4:22. It's only about 20 seconds long.

BBC America does not stream episodes online, focusing more on renting episodes through iTunes, which are likely the regular UK versions.
Back to top Go down
DacaZ
DacaZ

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2009-06-07

PostSubject: Re: S6E1: The Impossible Astronaut (SPOILERS)   S6E1: The Impossible Astronaut (SPOILERS) - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 8:38 pm

Wes Crayon wrote:

Ha! I screamed that at the TV during that scene. The Doctor raiding the pantry was my favorite part of Day of the Daleks. Classic Pertwee moment. He was really digging on the gorganzola too.

Back to top Go down
http://www.figurefanzero.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S6E1: The Impossible Astronaut (SPOILERS)   S6E1: The Impossible Astronaut (SPOILERS) - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 9:11 pm

rdks wrote:
Well that made for an interesting night. Sat down at 8 to watch it, with my 3 brothers and 2 friends, plus a bunch of our kids. By 8:30 everyone else had voted to change the channel. Coincidentally, these were the same brothers & friends who used to tell me to change the channel when Colin Baker's episodes first aired.

So I downloaded the episode and watched the rest alone. Not much to say. The regular Moffat stuff. Timey-whimey, yawny-wawny. Not much of a plot, monsters that just stand there and grimace at you, the same old tired River Song "Who am I" dialogue. Nice to see Rory and his 5 or 6 lines. I'll skip next week and rejoin the show episode 3, when Moffat's not writing.

The Lis Sladen tribute was nice. I enjoyed it and watched it twice. Great job considering how fast they put it together.

What he said
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: S6E1: The Impossible Astronaut (SPOILERS)   S6E1: The Impossible Astronaut (SPOILERS) - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 11:45 pm

Rewatching the opening sequence again, I do have to wonder about the authenticity of the 1103 year old Doctor.

The lack of a TARDIS is one thing, but note how every bit in that sequence was involving the Doctor trying to evade capture? Furthermore, after the first sequence Amy reads that the Doctor was imprisoned for a day before being spirited away by a "sphere of light", with the Doctor clearly visible as being dragged up towards it.

That doesn't sound like the TARDIS to me. Matter of fact, for some reason the only thing I can think of is a Sontaran ship. And Sontarans equal Clones.

"A Time Lord's Body is a Miracle..."

Hmmm. Curiouser and Curiouser.

...oh snap. Just had a idea. Okay, so we see a obviously recently used table with organic, gooey stuff on it and sitting right next to it is a crate containing Apollo space gear. We also see the TARDIS (Or a TARDIS-like vehicle) from The Lodger.

What if the Little Girl in the Space Suit is Jenny?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S6E1: The Impossible Astronaut (SPOILERS)   S6E1: The Impossible Astronaut (SPOILERS) - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 11:47 pm

Rust wrote:
Rewatching the opening sequence again, I do have to wonder about the authenticity of the 1103 year old Doctor.

The lack of a TARDIS is one thing, but note how every bit in that sequence was involving the Doctor trying to evade capture? Furthermore, after the first sequence Amy reads that the Doctor was imprisoned for a day before being spirited away by a "sphere of light", with the Doctor clearly visible as being dragged up towards it.

That doesn't sound like the TARDIS to me. Matter of fact, for some reason the only thing I can think of is a Sontaran ship. And Sontarans equal Clones.

"A Time Lord's Body is a Miracle..."

Hmmm. Curiouser and Curiouser.

...oh snap. Just had a idea. Okay, so we see a obviously recently used table with organic, gooey stuff on it and sitting right next to it is a crate containing Apollo space gear. We also see the TARDIS (Or a TARDIS-like vehicle) from The Lodger.

What if the Little Girl in the Space Suit is Jenny?

Or the goo could be Sontaran goo. Just a guess now.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S6E1: The Impossible Astronaut (SPOILERS)   S6E1: The Impossible Astronaut (SPOILERS) - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 12:15 am

The Sontarans do appear this season, on set shots have already been leaked.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: S6E1: The Impossible Astronaut (SPOILERS)   S6E1: The Impossible Astronaut (SPOILERS) - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 12:26 am

Rust is a genius!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S6E1: The Impossible Astronaut (SPOILERS)   S6E1: The Impossible Astronaut (SPOILERS) - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 1:39 am

Whoosier Whovian wrote:
The Sontarans do appear this season, on set shots have already been leaked.

Oh interesting. Smile
Back to top Go down
Thete
Thete

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2010-01-12

PostSubject: Re: S6E1: The Impossible Astronaut (SPOILERS)   S6E1: The Impossible Astronaut (SPOILERS) - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 4:49 pm

greenk9 wrote:
err...stabbing guess....
moon...

dr. moon
silence in the library

this is all part of cal?

Amy and River are somehow connected

wow surprised thats the first time I realised

The Silence In the Library

I guess that could explain the kind of contrived way River and the Doctor always meet going opposite relative directions in time. Somethings orchestrating events. Suspect alien

Lol kinda cheeky (and cool) of Moffat to start his story arc before his series starts
Back to top Go down
flavoredair

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: S6E1: The Impossible Astronaut (SPOILERS)   S6E1: The Impossible Astronaut (SPOILERS) - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 8:46 pm

Sergiusbulgakov wrote:
Wes Crayon wrote:

They are the Silence.

The real question is whether or not they are bad, or if their fall leads to the revelation of the real bad of the season. I think the second will be the case. They seem too afraid, too much in hiding, to be the real threat. I think they are hiding parts of the universe from the real threat (places which go silent really are just under their cloak/protection, and appear to be destroyed/gone but really are not). I am not saying they have the best of motives, either, but I just think they are a diversion.

Think back to the Vampires of Venice. Signora Calvierri's words: "We saw silence, and the end of all things..." Her people were displaced by the silence.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S6E1: The Impossible Astronaut (SPOILERS)   S6E1: The Impossible Astronaut (SPOILERS) - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 9:09 pm

flavoredair wrote:
Sergiusbulgakov wrote:
Wes Crayon wrote:

They are the Silence.

Think back to the Vampires of Venice. Signora Calvierri's words: "We saw silence, and the end of all things..." Her people were displaced by the silence.

Then all Rory and the Doctor hear is silence.
Back to top Go down

S6E1: The Impossible Astronaut (SPOILERS)
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4