Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

WHO to follow on Twitter Empty
PostSubject: WHO to follow on Twitter   WHO to follow on Twitter EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 10:47 pm

If you do that. (And if you don't, if you follow RSS feeds, you can follow Twitter feeds the same way.)

WhoNA
Steven Moffat (yes, you can vent right at him, but don't expect a response, though a few have...)

And two I was surprised at finding tonight...
Colin Baker (Yes, THE Colin Baker)
Nicola Bryant

Oh, and RattyBurvil is THE Arthur Darvill, but he's gone quiet.

And before a certain fangirl asks, no Matt Smith doesn't have a Twitter and will likely not open one anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: WHO to follow on Twitter   WHO to follow on Twitter EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 10:59 pm

Good grief is everyting on Twitter now? I'm SO glad I don't follow Twitter.

~
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: WHO to follow on Twitter   WHO to follow on Twitter EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 11:03 pm

LtViperPilot wrote:

~
Good for you.

"Once it takes hold of us, it never lets go..."
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: WHO to follow on Twitter   WHO to follow on Twitter EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 11:20 pm

I don't do any of the social networking stuff. Doesn't do anything for me.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: WHO to follow on Twitter   WHO to follow on Twitter EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 11:31 pm

jaredofmo wrote:
LtViperPilot wrote:

~
Good for you.

"Once it takes hold of us, it never lets go..."

More and more they're developing this "apps" that keep people glued to a very small monitor. It's hard to actually exist in the real world because you're considered strange for not having your mobile out, texting or fidgeting with some stupid new app.

This, a group on Yahoo, and my LJ are the only social networks that I'm actually on. Everything else on the internet I use it for research or publication of my works.

I do not see a point in Twitter. Yeah, alerts every 15 secs on what someone is doing?

Look, I just ate a spree, an orange one.

Just ate a sweet tart, a blue one...

Blinked...

ate another sweet tart...

~
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: WHO to follow on Twitter   WHO to follow on Twitter EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 11:55 pm

LtViperPilot wrote:

More and more they're developing this "apps" that keep people glued to a very small monitor. It's hard to actually exist in the real world because you're considered strange for not having your mobile out, texting or fidgeting with some stupid new app.

This, a group on Yahoo, and my LJ are the only social networks that I'm actually on. Everything else on the internet I use it for research or publication of my works.

I do not see a point in Twitter. Yeah, alerts every 15 secs on what someone is doing?

~

Me either. And I know some people are just as bad with their status updates on Facebook and let them fly fast and furious like Twitter can.

Oh it's true. It's amazing how many people can't unplug themselves from their social networks. I read a tech article about a month or two ago that was basically 'you know you are addicted to your network when...'.

People that have their smartphone going while they are eating out or at the dinner table. Or have it or their laptop in bed with them before sleeping, and first thing upon waking is they log in as well.

Kids in school I can kind of understand... but many adults are as bad or worse.

Then I read another article about how Facebook membership might be tapering off, and the writer prompted this question- how much money would it take for you to quit facebook?

Uh, nothing for me. I tried it for a week just to see what all the hype was about... bored me to tears, and that was it

Razz
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: WHO to follow on Twitter   WHO to follow on Twitter EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 12:41 am

I have a Twitter account, but I've disabled its ability to actually send me messages. Once or twice a week I go to the site a look over my feed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: WHO to follow on Twitter   WHO to follow on Twitter EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 12:49 am

I respect those who don't do Twitter or Facebook. For someone like me, who creates online media, I use them for interaction, and getting the word out. I have a Facebook group of people I can depend on, who have come through in assisting me on several projects. (I did attempt to move it to Yahoo! groups, but we had a very low adoption rate.)

Can't say I really regret it. Some of the people I've met on these sites have helped me get published work out there, so we'll just see how it goes.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: WHO to follow on Twitter   WHO to follow on Twitter EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 2:14 pm

Some of Colin Baker's tweets are hilarious!
Quote :
Waking the Dead!!! Phew - the Bagman!! Give me the weeping angels everyday!! Exhausted now - the Hypnos beckons.
Quote :
Don't be afraid of weeping angels - just wink with alternate eyes - it takes a classic doctor to suss that one out.
Quote :
But to be fair those angels were terrifying until I worked out my Sawbones Hex strategem. The gas masks have stumped me though!
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: WHO to follow on Twitter   WHO to follow on Twitter EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 2:30 pm

Well...Colin is a pretty very funny guy, so it's not that surprising, I suppose, that his tweets would be equally comical. he must be a hoot to follow...
Back to top Go down
neogeo
neogeo

Number of posts : 2159
Registration date : 2010-08-18

PostSubject: Re: WHO to follow on Twitter   WHO to follow on Twitter EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 3:30 pm

I'm a twitterer. I use it primarily as a news feed rather than having to go out & hunt down what's-what from all the sites I used to, now I have the headlines sent to me on TweetDeck (Seesmic as an alternative when TD's giving me fits) and open what interests me. And for fun, I, too, follow Colin, Nicola, (WhoNA), Moffers, and a few random people I met online. I also have Facebook but I've never liked it, and detest it now that its gone all MySpace.
Back to top Go down

WHO to follow on Twitter
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-
Jump to: