jaredofmo
11 posters
AuthorMessage
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

The return of CRAIG OWENS Empty
PostSubject: The return of CRAIG OWENS   The return of CRAIG OWENS EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 9:15 pm

James Corden will be back in Doctor Who, it seems.

Some people don't like Mr. Corden because of his ego (which, having seen his Twitter feed, I can attest to), but I liked the character he played. I'd prefer not to look at them both as a single unit.

Source: http://www.denofgeek.com/television/788061/doctor_who_series_6_james_corden_definitely_returning.html
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The return of CRAIG OWENS   The return of CRAIG OWENS EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 9:18 pm

of all the people.......
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The return of CRAIG OWENS   The return of CRAIG OWENS EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 2:15 am

I enjoyed him. cheers * Goes and grabs a plate for protection.* Laughing
Back to top Go down
CrochetOwl

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: The return of CRAIG OWENS   The return of CRAIG OWENS EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 8:53 am

Boo to this return. Series 5 was unmemorable except for one or two episodes. The Lodger was the worst of the lot.
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: The return of CRAIG OWENS   The return of CRAIG OWENS EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 11:28 am

Makes sense he'd return, given we see The Lodger's TARDIS interior in a shot for Series 6.
Back to top Go down
CGren123
CGren123

Number of posts : 2368
Registration date : 2009-12-23

PostSubject: Re: The return of CRAIG OWENS   The return of CRAIG OWENS EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 9:36 pm

Rust wrote:
Makes sense he'd return, given we see The Lodger's TARDIS interior in a shot for Series 6.

We saw Nine's TARDIS interior all the time in series 2-4 (including the Specials) He never came back Razz

But really? Out of all the uber-brilliant characters that we saw in Series 5, they choose HIM? Why not Bill Nighy or Hawthorne! I'd love to know what the Demon Headmaster is up and how the Smilers and Winders are working a bit further down Starship UK's history!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The return of CRAIG OWENS   The return of CRAIG OWENS EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 10:31 pm

CGren123 wrote:
Rust wrote:

We saw Nine's TARDIS interior all the time in series 2-4 (including the Specials) He never came back Razz

But really? Out of all the uber-brilliant characters that we saw in Series 5, they choose HIM? Why not Bill Nighy or Hawthorne! I'd love to know what the Demon Headmaster is up and how the Smilers and Winders are working a bit further down Starship UK's history!

So would I now that you mention it. Razz
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: The return of CRAIG OWENS   The return of CRAIG OWENS EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 10:33 pm

I'd rather just forget about and not revisit anyone or anything from series five...
Back to top Go down
Invisible Supreme
Invisible Supreme

Number of posts : 2167
Registration date : 2010-03-16

PostSubject: Re: The return of CRAIG OWENS   The return of CRAIG OWENS EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 10:54 pm

SeaDevil wrote:
I'd rather just forget about and not revisit anyone or anything from series five...
I Just hope that SM doesn't try to make short, multicolor cybermen with big butts if we get a redesign.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: The return of CRAIG OWENS   The return of CRAIG OWENS EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 8:18 am

Invisible Supreme wrote:
SeaDevil wrote:
I Just hope that SM doesn't try to make short, multicolor cybermen with big butts if we get a redesign.

Or noses.....

I was quite content to let Craig and his girl have a wonderful life off screen. Really did not need to see more of them. Unless it has something to do with the Tardis machine, or is it a sidrat? And maybe Craig built it, but he crossed his own timeline somehow and died in his own attic....

Right, that would be too clever.
Back to top Go down
Sergiusbulgakov

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2007-02-22

PostSubject: Re: The return of CRAIG OWENS   The return of CRAIG OWENS EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 7:32 am

Or maybe Craig made it and he is a Time Lord in human form. The Meddling Monk? Would they do that?
Back to top Go down
http://vox-nova.com
stanlow

Number of posts : 380
Registration date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: The return of CRAIG OWENS   The return of CRAIG OWENS EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 8:54 am

Sergiusbulgakov wrote:
Or maybe Craig made it and he is a Time Lord in human form. The Meddling Monk? Would they do that?

With his Time Lord persona stored in a $5 digital watch! Wink
Back to top Go down
timewarrior
timewarrior

Number of posts : 4016
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: The return of CRAIG OWENS   The return of CRAIG OWENS EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 8:08 pm

How about more van gogh?
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

PostSubject: Re: The return of CRAIG OWENS   The return of CRAIG OWENS EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 8:32 pm

timewarrior wrote:
How about more van gogh?

Where he hacks off his ear and gives it to Amy?

Really, there's not much else they can do with Van Gogh. It was a well put together episode (I didn't care for it all that much, but I can't deny it was well done) but, especially in light of his appearance in The Pandorica Opens, not much else can be done with the character.
Back to top Go down
CGren123
CGren123

Number of posts : 2368
Registration date : 2009-12-23

PostSubject: Re: The return of CRAIG OWENS   The return of CRAIG OWENS EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 8:52 pm

Rust wrote:
timewarrior wrote:
How about more van gogh?

Where he hacks off his ear and gives it to Amy?

Really, there's not much else they can do with Van Gogh. It was a well put together episode (I didn't care for it all that much, but I can't deny it was well done) but, especially in light of his appearance in The Pandorica Opens, not much else can be done with the character.

I agree personally. Keep the historical characters as one-off characters!
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: The return of CRAIG OWENS   The return of CRAIG OWENS EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 1:39 am

I was just reading about this episode. Apparently when the Doctor meets Craig again, there's a line of dialogue that's a nod to Troughton.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

PostSubject: Re: The return of CRAIG OWENS   The return of CRAIG OWENS EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 10:07 am

It'll only work if he says it like Throughton. Smith's dialogue generally comes out more lightning quick, though. Still, can I just say I am loving the winks and nods to the classic series!
Back to top Go down

The return of CRAIG OWENS
Page 1 of 1