Ronpur
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

7th Doctor Umbrellas Empty
PostSubject: 7th Doctor Umbrellas   7th Doctor Umbrellas EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 5:09 pm

I found this in the dumpster behind my job last week. It is a Guess umbrella from the 90's, from what I was told.
7th Doctor Umbrellas Image0111

I decided to remove the handle, and paint it red and add it to one of those short, compact umbrellas to use everyday.
7th Doctor Umbrellas Image0128

here is a comparison of my prop replica umbrella and my modified shorty.
7th Doctor Umbrellas Image0127
It isn't really that big, just a bit closer to my phone because the gloss wasn't quite dry yet.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: 7th Doctor Umbrellas   7th Doctor Umbrellas EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 5:45 pm

I always said Dumpster Diving was a noble cause!
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: 7th Doctor Umbrellas   7th Doctor Umbrellas EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 6:27 pm

It does bear a good resemblance.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: 7th Doctor Umbrellas   7th Doctor Umbrellas EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 7:58 pm

Whoosier Whovian wrote:
I always said Dumpster Diving was a noble cause!

I was very shocked to see it there! of all the things to find at work, in the dumpster! Some customer from the furniture place next door must have tossed it because it was broken!
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: 7th Doctor Umbrellas   7th Doctor Umbrellas EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 8:00 pm

The Castellan wrote:
It does bear a good resemblance.

And good enough for everyday! Now, just wait until the rainy season here, so I can use it everyday for real.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: 7th Doctor Umbrellas   7th Doctor Umbrellas EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 8:40 pm

I noticed the rockets to the side, and what looks like a padded pair of robot hands just at the bottom of shot, or am I just insane?
Back to top Go down
RevClaire
RevClaire

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2010-03-09

PostSubject: Re: 7th Doctor Umbrellas   7th Doctor Umbrellas EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 8:52 pm

Whoosier Whovian wrote:
I noticed the rockets to the side, and what looks like a padded pair of robot hands just at the bottom of shot, or am I just insane?

Yes! Robot hands! He's going to kill us all with his umbrella-equipped robot army! Shocked

Oh well, at least they're padded, for a robot deathgrip that goes down smooth... bounce

(Seriously, nice find there, Ron)
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: 7th Doctor Umbrellas   7th Doctor Umbrellas EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 11:40 pm

Whoosier Whovian wrote:

Ah, nope, not robot hands. That is actually the shoulder butt of my MG-13 machine gun simulator that I use for my WW2 re-enacting. It used to be a real machine gun and was made in 1913. It was modified by a very smart friend of mine who converts them to use oxygen and propane and a spark plug to simulate fire.

The rockets are an old Ariane IV rocket model that I lost a part for during my last move, and I am trying to re-create the missing part.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: 7th Doctor Umbrellas   7th Doctor Umbrellas EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 12:24 am

Aw Dang! I had this whole scenario in my head where your robot butler was reaching out for the new brolly so he could go down to the shops and pick up some tea for you.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: 7th Doctor Umbrellas   7th Doctor Umbrellas EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 2:09 am

Whoosier Whovian wrote:
Aw Dang! I had this whole scenario in my head where your robot butler was reaching out for the new brolly so he could go down to the shops and pick up some tea for you.

As long as it is Earl Grey!
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: 7th Doctor Umbrellas   7th Doctor Umbrellas EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 6:11 pm

i always wanted one of those. just like bowties, the doctor can make anything look cool.
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7000
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: 7th Doctor Umbrellas   7th Doctor Umbrellas EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 3:24 pm

...except a question mark pullover...

...or question marks on the shirt collar...

...or a patchwork color-explosion coat...

Back to top Go down
kngfu
kngfu

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2007-02-15

PostSubject: Re: 7th Doctor Umbrellas   7th Doctor Umbrellas EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 7:20 pm

It's an umbrella that was given away when you bought a bottle of Aramis cologne. I had to buy that crap to get it way back when. Still have both I think (definitely still have the brolly).
Back to top Go down
Goldsupremedalek
Goldsupremedalek

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2011-01-18

PostSubject: Re: 7th Doctor Umbrellas   7th Doctor Umbrellas EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 2:09 pm

Ah the dumpster the easiest way to find quality Merchandise Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: 7th Doctor Umbrellas   7th Doctor Umbrellas EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 7:11 pm

Goldsupremedalek wrote:
Ah the dumpster the easiest way to find quality Merchandise Very Happy

It was just sticking straight up in the trash, the question mark at least a foot above the top. It was like it was planted for me!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: 7th Doctor Umbrellas   7th Doctor Umbrellas EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 7:13 pm

What's one man's junk is another's treasure!

~
Back to top Go down

7th Doctor Umbrellas
Page 1 of 1