Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

Doctor Who Christmas Special 'A Christmas Carol' trailer

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Doctor Who Christmas Special 'A Christmas Carol' trailer Empty
PostSubject: Doctor Who Christmas Special 'A Christmas Carol' trailer   Doctor Who Christmas Special 'A Christmas Carol' trailer EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 5:15 pm

Up at BBC America:

http://www.bbcamerica.com/shows/doctor-who/video/new-series-videos.jsp?bcpid=72484309001&bclid=59272646001&bctid=681516892001

Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Christmas Special 'A Christmas Carol' trailer   Doctor Who Christmas Special 'A Christmas Carol' trailer EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 5:46 pm

Not feeling this at all... The trailer doesn't really entice me, I think. The episode will probably be cool but right now I'm not so sure...
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Christmas Special 'A Christmas Carol' trailer   Doctor Who Christmas Special 'A Christmas Carol' trailer EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 5:51 pm

Yep, not sure what to think myself, probably best to reserve judgment until the final product has been watched. Noticed some interesting outfits that Amy and Rory were wearing during one snippet. Made me say "huh?!?"...
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Christmas Special 'A Christmas Carol' trailer   Doctor Who Christmas Special 'A Christmas Carol' trailer EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 9:18 pm

Now this looks fun.

It's definitely not going to have the same flair as RTD's Christmas Specials, but then again anyone watching Doctor Who will understand the differences between RTD and Moffat.

This seems the same kind of Non-linear storytelling that was presented in the first part of The Big Bang. If the Doctor is the Ghost of Christmas Past, then Amy and Rory - given Amy's line to the "Scrooge" analogue - are likely subbing for the Ghosts of Christmas Present and Future.

There's obviously something going on that draws the three into changing this gentleman's outlook on life, and I'm very interested in it.

Is it a definite riff/parody/homage to Dicken's "A Christmas Carol"? Obviously. But it also seems to be a Character Piece, which is why I'm intrigued. While the Titanic, Alien Spiders, and Steampunk Cybermen might make for exciting television, there's very little about the actual spirit of the Holiday in them.

I'm game to see how this all pans out.
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Christmas Special 'A Christmas Carol' trailer   Doctor Who Christmas Special 'A Christmas Carol' trailer EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 9:36 pm

I like the look of it, but then I'm easy when it comes to Who. The things I dislike are few and far between.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
denali76c
denali76c

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2010-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Christmas Special 'A Christmas Carol' trailer   Doctor Who Christmas Special 'A Christmas Carol' trailer EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 5:49 am

wow this looks pretty dam good to me! i have a feeling something big will slip into this episode.
Back to top Go down

Doctor Who Christmas Special 'A Christmas Carol' trailer
Page 1 of 1